X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biebz
    replied
    Originally posted by Carbon
    I've always found Zombie by The Cranberries kinda overrated and annoying so I never bothered to check out their other stuff, but doing it now, and I love it! I prefer pretty much all of their other singles to Zombie.

Current fave:
    Animal Instinct is awesome! I remember hearing it on Charmed ages ago

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    I feel so bad. The Cranberries seem to be huge, but I only heard of them after their lead singer passed away. I still haven't heard 1 song from them (or at least remember hearing it).

I will check them out.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat
    Gosh I am so drunk................... and it's not even Fruhday.
    Omg I'm like getting drunk on wine right now, wish I could meet you to get drunk together and shut down some bishes

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

Gosh I am so drunk................... and it's not even Fruhday.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied

Bring Me The Horizon is probably the only rock/alternative/metal act at the moment that can get bigger if they play their cards right and pay more attention to streaming.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Austria actually has some veryyyyyy hot guys (I mean like actual Austrian people not foreigners), I think it's an underrated country in terms of beautiful people

Leave a comment:

• Marchum
    replied

This forum is very fun ha, me likey.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Metallica's had a stunning career:

Studio albums

- Kill' Em All (1983) - 3x Platinum
    - Ride The Lightning (1984) - 6x Platinum
    - Master Of Puppets (1986) - 6x Platinum
    - And Justice For All (1988) - 8x Platinum
    - Metallica (1991) - 16x Platinum / Diamond
    - Load (1996) - 5x Platinum
    - Reload (1997) - 3x Platinum (4x Platinum Eligible)
    - St. Anger (2003) - 2x Platinum
    - Death Magnetic (2008) - 2x Platinum
    - Hardwired . . . to Self-Destruct (2016) - 1x Platinum

. . In addition of being Touring Gods.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Marchum
    Animal Instinct is still my fave. Her tone on the verses >>>
    It truly is. Also the music video is so beautiful, that music video always moved me and resulted very touching to me since the very first time I watched it to this date.

Leave a comment:

• Marchum
    replied
    Animal Instinct is still my fave. Her tone on the verses >>>

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I do love "Zombie" tho . . . . For me its one of those songs that get exactly what it's deserved, it is a great recording and deserves all the attention, praise and plays.

Other than that I love a lot of their songs, "Linger" and "Salvation" are big favorites and The Cranberries era that gets my entire nostalgia is their "bury the hatchet" era, it was 1999, MTV was a big part of my life back in those days and all of their singles and videos from that era ("Promises", "Animal Instinct" and "Just My Imagination") hit hard on my childhood and good days, not to mention that era was very successful and relevant over here in Latin Amerca (despite not being big in the US).

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied

my fave is ''I Can't Be With You'' (''Dreams'' is close second)

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Carbon
    I've always found Zombie by The Cranberries kinda overrated and annoying so I never bothered to check out their other stuff, but doing it now, and I love it! I prefer pretty much all of their other singles to Zombie.

Current fave:

[youtube:2hmrr190]ky4CdN0x58A[/youtube:2hmrr190]
    That is one of their finest tunes, always loved "Animal Instinct" and loved the music video, it was on heavy rotation over here in Latin America back in the day. It was a pretty sublime release from them.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied

I've met a guy who still thinks that Courtney killed Kurt. So...

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied

Current fave:

[youtube:3435fzg8]ky4CdN0x58A[/youtube:3435fzg8]

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    gurl who?

When I think of iconic English singers, Dua Lipa comes to mind.
    Three lions on the shirt

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay
    Originally posted by heppolo
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    . . . . If you're going to do Pop Music you better make sure to be Iconic, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense AT ALL
    Cliff Richard comfortably exists in the showbiz record books though without being remotely ''iconic''
    Now why isn't he iconic?
    When I think of iconic English singers, he is one of the first that comes to mind.
    gurl who?

When I think of iconic English singers, Dua Lipa comes to mind.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Kurt was treated with sympathy way before his suicide, Courtney was even blamed for Kurt's addiction and mental state. I remember Courtney being portrayed in the media as a talentless groupie who wants to jumpstart a career out of this relationship.
    Well it was early 90s and Rock music, and as I said drugs were not an issue in the rock world for males and bands, I don't know a Rock band without having drugs im their lifestyle. Anthony Kiedis from Red Hot Chili Peppers was a bigger junkie than Kurt ..... But he was rock and a guy. Courtney on the other hand was a female and she was minimized for everything she did just because she had drug issues, no one would dare to say she was talented because she had drug issues, no one would say something good about her because of that reason. Like you say, people didn't even want to accept Kurt had issues, and everyone said it was Courtney's fault, she was the responsible for his mental problems and demons according to people and media.

No sympathy was shown towards her, no one sit down and thought that she had issues too, that she deserved simpathy too, that she had mental problems too. No one trated her like she saved the world.

Glad the world has changed tho.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied

^ which is weird because Hole had some acclaimed music back then, idk what the big issue against her was.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    "Demi, you're an inspiration, God is with you" and everyone is so understanding . . . . And I'm like , wait .. am I living in the same planet from 15 years ago?
    Kurt Cobain got plenty of sympathy despite his addictions. Unlike Courtney Love, for instance.
    Courtney was treated as a serial killer indeed. Kurt got sympathy mostly because he suicided so people felt really sad and sorry, it was a big loss and also because media and people convinced themselves that Courtney killed him and that she was the responsible for all of that. So was for years the "poor guy".
    Kurt was treated with sympathy way before his suicide, Courtney was even blamed for Kurt's addiction and mental state. I remember Courtney being portrayed in the media as a talentless groupie who wants to jumpstart a career out of this relationship.
    Some celebrities are handsome, pretty and charismatic enough to draw sympathy in their toughest times. Sometimes it is about the looks, sometimes it is about the public image or the specific attitude.

Leave a comment:

• toni_pest
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay
    . . . . If you're going to do Pop Music you better make sure to be Iconic, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense AT ALL
    Cliff Richard comfortably exists in the showbiz record books though without being remotely ''iconic''
    Now why isn't he iconic?
    When I think of iconic English singers, he is one of the first that comes to mind.
    you are really not the norm i heard his name but thats about it.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    "Demi, you're an inspiration, God is with you" and everyone is so understanding . . . . And I'm like , wait .. am I living in the same planet from 15 years ago?
    Kurt Cobain got plenty of sympathy despite his addictions. Unlike Courtney Love, for instance.
    Courtney was treated as a serial killer indeed. Kurt got sympathy mostly because he suicided so people felt really sad and sorry, it was a big loss and also because media and people convinced themselves that Courtney killed him and that she was the responsible for all of that. So he was for years the "poor guy".

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Now why isn't he iconic?

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    But but I thot u don't like emo music since u always come for my mumble rapper Lil GODzi Vert and his smash "Tour Lyf XO"?
    I am okay with emo music (as long as it isn't from the U.S.), but it's so retro now.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X