X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RayRay
    replied
    ^ Great post, [MENTION=25215]DnBLover[/MENTION].

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION].
    I really appreciate that the rules are more relaxed these days, and especially that permabans have pretty much disappeared. I think 3-6 months bans should still be in place for people completely disrespecting users and derailing the forum.

I think light trolling is fun, and [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION], a highly controversial member, is a borderline example of what can be acceptable: trolls everyone without discrimination, no obvious malicious intents for the most part, good sense of humour. On the other hand, [MENTION=52166]InFamous[/MENTION] often acts in a way which imo is a clear case of what should not be allowed. Trolling and baiting out of spite, not humour, and acting like a victim all the time when being called out. I don't even like Mariah and I see myself defending her from his obsessive baiting and hating. This sort of behavior should be called out for and regulated. Like I said before, there was tolerance zero in the old days for this type of behavior. I don't like tolerance zero, but some moderating would go a long way.

This thread has all the potential to be incredibly interesting, and I don't think it should ever be closed, regardless of where it goes. It's a staple here. [MENTION=84648]Aaronsmithjune1[/MENTION] had a nice idea for the other Pop Talk thread, which kind of already exists in the General Music Discussion section but is not being used. You could have weekly discussion topics and allow for quite a lot of flexibility there, for people who love to discuss charts and artists in a non chart technical ways. I also don't mind the idea of a completely crazy thread, where the trolls could fight each other (with reasonable limits). But again, humour is something I appreciate everywhere and no one should feel offended by good jokes. Bitter baiting, not so much.

There is a degree of subjectivity in all of this, but this is my opinion after being online for almost 10 years now.

I appreciate all the effort Wayne, and I'm being as honest and blunt as I can.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    The problem is some trolls go baiting in the threads of MC. Next they say they won't post there anymore, the next day they are back already.

That thread has been problematic since the beginning, at least since my beginning on UKMix, so nothing has changed.

There are too many people with different opinions in one place and the fact there is one active thread, where people discuss pretty much everything (related and unrelated) to Mariah definitely does not help.

The most arguments happen here and sometimes in the chart analysis section.

If you (plural) think somebody is indeed coming to that thread just to start an argument, you should deal with him accordingly, I mean there are like 500 of you there. I can't imagine one or two people having such a big impact on such a big thread.
    Last edited by Nippian93; Fri November 29, 2019, 22:11.

Leave a comment:

• WEBofDESIRE
    replied
    I think we can all manage to get along. 99% of what is said in here is just for laughs, if someone wants to expend their energy complaining about an artist (or member(S)) that they don't like, that's on them.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Nippian93 View Post
    Majority of those strange arguments would end if people started discussing their faves only in respective threads, that's for sure.

If you bring your fave here, want the entire forum to know about her so-called greatness, some more or less (usually more) irrelevant records, then another person may start doing the exact opposite.
    The problem is some trolls go baiting in the threads of MC. Next they say they won't post there anymore, the next day they are back already.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Majority of those strange arguments would end if people started discussing their faves only in respective threads, that's for sure.

If you bring your fave here, want the entire forum to know about her so-called greatness, some more or less (usually more) irrelevant records, then another person may start doing the exact opposite.
    Last edited by Nippian93; Fri November 29, 2019, 21:35.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    There's a difference between having a negative opinion and baiting someone on purpose.... Just saying!
    If I'm baiting so is everyone else who is posting in here. Also just saying.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    There's a difference between having a negative opinion and baiting someone on purpose.... Just saying!

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Nippian93 View Post
    True, some of those who are complaining about your behaviour the most are among the most obsessed stans this place has ever seen.

Nothing about this thread should change, if insecure folks think they need a fan site where opinions different froms theirs have no right to exist, then they should create one.
    Well said.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    People need to re read the rules which clearly state that UK mix is not a fan site, that positive and negative opinions are welcome, that people should not have to feel they are part of a clique to post and that no one has the right to say get out of my thread you are not welcome.
    If these things have changed rules need to be updated so everyone is clear. Because according to the rules stanning is also not allowed.

True, some of those who are complaining about your behaviour the most are among the most obsessed stans this place has ever seen.

Nothing about this thread should change, if insecure folks think they need a fan site where opinions different froms theirs have no right to exist, then they should create one.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    People need to re read the rules which clearly state that UK mix is not a fan site, that positive and negative opinions are welcome, that people should not have to feel they are part of a clique to post and that no one has the right to say get out of my thread you are not welcome.
    If these things have changed rules need to be updated so everyone is clear. Because according to the rules stanning is also not allowed.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    First I think it is very important to get rid of trolls. UKMIX hasn't been a safe haven to post these last few months.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION] I feel like an advice forum would be a good idea. Somewhere anyone can feel free to ask advice. Whether it's abiut sexuality, life, work. Anything. I was on a forum before FMF and they had an agony section and it really helped people.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
    You are literally the only one who brings up Mariah about EVERYTHINGGGGGGG damn did she forget to tip you or some shit?
    The delusion is too much

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION]

Questions

Should the Random Thought Thread be permanently closed?
    No, it would chase the more active users away.

If not, should there be clearer rules about what is posted in here?
    Yes, no trolling or nasty comments. And not just for this thread. At the Madonna thread Westen drove some of the best posters away. At the MC thread, someone is trying to do the same. Those are two very active threads. It such a shame how there seems to be no rules in those last months. I don't enjoy posting there much these days.

If the Random Thought Thread was to go, what should it be replaced by?
    Why let it go and replace it? The title of the thread is not the problem. Some very annoying people are. I have never send so many reports in all the years before than in just the last few months. But I begin to wonder what is done with those reports.

How do we get The Lounge as a whole more active? Does the fact that it's publicly available make a difference?
    I don't think making it publicly available would be good thing. It would encourage people to just come here to stir up things. The fun about The Lounge is how you get to know other MEMBERS better.

Should we do something different with the Premium Members Lounge? E.g. should that be a forum open to established members only but provide a truly safe place for people to interact honestly and openly.
    I'm not sure about this one.

Leave a comment:

• AlphaMale
    replied
    Originally posted by Eamon View Post
    AlphaMale, DNBLover and Biscuits (although a fan) aren’t lambs.

You are one of the reasons this thread has become derailed. You are the biggest Mariah hating troll on this board at present and spent months trolling away in her topics. When called out, you play the victim and then do this fake “go Mariah rooting for you to go #1” act to deflect from your primary agenda which is troll. When called out by her fans, you moved over here to troll and got an audience because of ARat and a few others who agree with you. Your post here again shows how obsessed you are with Mariah and her fans. You can’t keep her out of your mouth. If you don’t like an artist, stop talking about them. But it’s not about liking or disliking, your intention is to troll. You remind me so much of banned user Daboi that it wouldn’t surprise me if you’re actually him. Back in the day you would have been banned long ago for the trolling you’ve done.

The Random Thoughts Threads and Unpopular Opinions were always enjoyable thread. They sparked debate, often controversial but when things went too far, they were always dealt with accordingly and never left to spiral out of control like this thread has done now. Relaxing the rules is great when it comes to swear words or more adult leaning discussions but trolling shouldn’t be allowed. And certain members, use this forum as their go to place to troll. When a user is making post after post about an artist that are all negative, often not factual and are spreading an agenda to diminish the talent and success of an artist, that is trolling. And there should come a point where enough is enough.

No one is saying that this thread can’t be used for having discussions about artists, their hits, sales etc. It can be overkill at times but it’s the intention of the member making these posts that needs to be questioned.
    Well said.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Eamon View Post
    AlphaMale, DNBLover and Biscuits (although a fan) aren’t lambs.

You are one of the reasons this thread has become derailed. You are the biggest Mariah hating troll on this board at present and spent months trolling away in her topics. When called out, you play the victim and then do this fake “go Mariah rooting for you to go #1” act to deflect from your primary agenda which is troll. When called out by her fans, you moved over here to troll and got an audience because of ARat and a few others who agree with you. Your post here again shows how obsessed you are with Mariah and her fans. You can’t keep her out of your mouth. If you don’t like an artist, stop talking about them. But it’s not about liking or disliking, your intention is to troll. You remind me so much of banned user Daboi that it wouldn’t surprise me if you’re actually him. Back in the day you would have been banned long ago for the trolling you’ve done.

The Random Thoughts Threads and Unpopular Opinions were always enjoyable thread. They sparked debate, often controversial but when things went too far, they were always dealt with accordingly and never left to spiral out of control like this thread has done now. Relaxing the rules is great when it comes to swear words or more adult leaning discussions but trolling shouldn’t be allowed. And certain members, use this forum as their go to place to troll. When a user is making post after post about an artist that are all negative, often not factual and are spreading an agenda to diminish the talent and success of an artist, that is trolling. And there should come a point where enough is enough.

No one is saying that this thread can’t be used for having discussions about artists, their hits, sales etc. It can be overkill at times but it’s the intention of the member making these posts that needs to be questioned.
    Hypocrite and biased. Also I was not calling out those posters who gave a general view on the thread.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Tbh it's just to stick around here. Threads go empty for days & days. It's great to have a place where trolling & Flamebait isn't allowed. But some light shade is funny. For example imo. Talking about Janet Jackson & her brothers upbringing with the joe Jackson is far from funny. But talking about her poor streams is a kii to me. It's just levels that should be allowed. Imo the strictness is killing atrl too. So all stans are running to Twitter.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    what we should do more of is to protect our asset which sets us apart from most other forums, which is the Charts discussion. UKMIX is still the best place for that bc we have the most devoted members in that section. Our content does appear on ATRL and other forums, often times without credit. I am not sure what we can do, but some forums rip us off.
    [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION] maybe your idea of only letting hand-picked members see that section would be a good idea, however, then it could lead to less traffic bc our charts section is our most prominent attraction. So I'm not sure about that. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Should the Random Thought Thread be permanently closed?

No. But maybe it needs a new title bc. It is one of the most used and most popular threads on this forum, like a general discussion thread. Maybe "General Discussion" should be its new title.

If not, should there be clearer rules about what is posted in here?

I think this thread is used for EVERYTHING. I think everything should be allowed to be discussed in here.

If the Random Thought Thread was to go, what should it be replaced by?

If it were to be replaced, then by a new one which would have a new title, like "General Thoughts / Discission"

How do we get The Lounge as a whole more active? Does the fact that it's publicly available make a difference?

I think making new threads used to be sooo incredibly restrictive on UKMIX that it might have hindered random people to open new threads bc they were closed after minutes again. Lounge and General Music should be merged maybe.

Should we do something different with the Premium Members Lounge? E.g. should that be a forum open to established members only but provide a truly safe place for people to interact honestly and openly.

I have no opinion on that one.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    The people complaining about others in here are all biased and are all, not by coincidence members of one fan base. Those people didn't bat an eyelid when their fellow fans dragged and belittled Lil Nas X for months not did they complain when lambs ran into this thread last week bragging about Mariah being the billboard no 1 female just to say a F You to the Madonna fans or who had no issue with one of their own calling Anna Wintour a brainless bimbo. You cannot selectively complain about something. You have to be consistent in your outrage and this is not the case here.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post
    Maybe we should have a 'Stand Your Ground' thread (like on ATRL), where people can drag each other's faves, defend their own and bring up 'GOAT' all day long if it makes them happy.

People need a place to vent sometimes, but I agree that it shouldn't be in the Random Thought Thread. If we have a separate place for that kind of stuff, the Random Thought Thread can go back to how it was before.

Biscuit's post was really disrespectful though. You're doing an amazing job, Wayne.
    The SYG sounds like a good idea. I would just make the thread available for members only though

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    I’ve removed some posts temporarily. I want feedback on the above only for the next few hours - keep the Random Thoughts to yourselves for a bit.

Leave a comment:

• WEBofDESIRE
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post
    Maybe we should have a 'Stand Your Ground' thread (like on ATRL), where people can drag each other's faves, defend their own and bring up 'GOAT' all day long if it makes them happy.
    Sounds like a great idea. The real trolls won't like it (because disrupting real threads is their bag), but it would let stans banter a bit and leave other threads untouched.

Leave a comment:

• Eamon
    replied
    The people complaining about others in here are all biased and are all, not by coincidence members of one fan base. Those people didn't bat an eyelid when their fellow fans dragged and belittled Lil Nas X for months not did they complain when lambs ran into this thread last week bragging about Mariah being the billboard no 1 female just to say a F You to the Madonna fans or who had no issue with one of their own calling Anna Wintour a brainless bimbo. You cannot selectively complain about something. You have to be consistent in your outrage and this is not the case here.
    AlphaMale, DNBLover and Biscuits (although a fan) arenít lambs.

You are one of the reasons this thread has become derailed. You are the biggest Mariah hating troll on this board at present and spent months trolling away in her topics. When called out, you play the victim and then do this fake ďgo Mariah rooting for you to go #1Ē act to deflect from your primary agenda which is troll. When called out by her fans, you moved over here to troll and got an audience because of ARat and a few others who agree with you. Your post here again shows how obsessed you are with Mariah and her fans. You canít keep her out of your mouth. If you donít like an artist, stop talking about them. But itís not about liking or disliking, your intention is to troll. You remind me so much of banned user Daboi that it wouldnít surprise me if youíre actually him. Back in the day you would have been banned long ago for the trolling youíve done.

The Random Thoughts Threads and Unpopular Opinions were always enjoyable thread. They sparked debate, often controversial but when things went too far, they were always dealt with accordingly and never left to spiral out of control like this thread has done now. Relaxing the rules is great when it comes to swear words or more adult leaning discussions but trolling shouldnít be allowed. And certain members, use this forum as their go to place to troll. When a user is making post after post about an artist that are all negative, often not factual and are spreading an agenda to diminish the talent and success of an artist, that is trolling. And there should come a point where enough is enough.

No one is saying that this thread canít be used for having discussions about artists, their hits, sales etc. It can be overkill at times but itís the intention of the member making these posts that needs to be questioned.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X