• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo
    I have to thank the emo wave for the word ''cute'' in my vocabulary
    [youtube:28ar106b]ap0mqwvf7H0[/youtube:28ar106b]
    But but I thot u don't like emo music since u always come for my mumble rapper Lil GODzi Vert and his smash "Tour Lyf XO"?

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen
    Ok I'm going to say it, and it's not about Demi, it's about people

When Lindsay Lohan had addiction (only alcohol and occasionally cocaine) every time she slipped GP was like 'it's what she deserves', 'drunk whore', 'junkie bitch', 'she deserves to die'. She was treated like the worst human being ever. By media and the law (while some other celebrities sucesfually managed to escape the law several times - like Amanda Bayne or whatever her last name is).

And now with Demi I see people, like Mr leonix said, treating her like she saved the world.
    Its exactly the way you're saying it ..... People used to condemn these type of issues and not only to female celebrities, it also happened to males like Robert Downey Jr , he had a thriumphant comeback eventually but for a long time he had lost his career due to drugs and people were over him for that reason. . . I also remember how people would ridiculize and make fun of Anna Nicole Smith and use her as a punching bag until the poor girl died alone.

The amount of sympathy showed to these people was just minimal .... Many people would just treat them like all of these recent abusers, like monsters. . . . . Now with Demi is like she won the nobel prize, the girl gets a heroin overdose and people are like: "Demi, you're an inspiration, God is with you" and everyone is so understanding . . . . And I'm like , wait .. am I living in the same planet from 15 years ago?

I just recently saw how this user made a very hateful comment about Demi on her thread (the comment was pretty bad indeed) but what called my attention was seeing everyone jumping at him defending Demi and reflecting about how delicate drug abuse and mental problems are . . . . . 10 - 15 years ago if that same user made that comment people wouldn't jump at him, instead everyone would've cheered him up like: "LOL hahaha", "Well said dude", "yeah its what she deserves", "Her neurones are dead", etc ....

Of course this a positive thing, but its definitely something that I noticed. Perhaps the world is getting more conscious and mature about certain topics?

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    . . . . If you're going to do Pop Music you better make sure to be Iconic, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense AT ALL
    Cliff Richard comfortably exists in the showbiz record books though without being remotely ''iconic''

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    I find it curious and perhaps positive how people have changed over certain topics over the last few years ..... Whitney Houston was portrayed as an American villain when her drugs issues came out public, her career was even over, there were a lot of tabloids behind her, many people criticizing her and seeing her as she was some kind of weird person, there was barely any empathy and sympathy for her condition ..... When Britney had her issues people hated her and wished her death.

..... Now Demi gets a Heroin overdose and suddenly everyone is so sensitive, and supportive, and peaceful, and nobody dare to make some critic . . . Demi's career would've been over with this incident during the 90s. People seem more conscious ... Or perhaps less of double-moral ash*les now.
    There are still people saying awful things about Demi on this forum as well as on social media. I don't understand people sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat
    ^ u thot that was a cute clapback?
    as cute as your example of Rihanna's talent tbh
    Not u using 'cute' in a sentence. I am gheyifying your vocabulary.

Next u will start using 'sis', 'henny' or 'bottom' in a sentence.
    I have to thank the emo wave for the word ''cute'' in my vocabulary
    [youtube:7ko11t3r]ap0mqwvf7H0[/youtube:7ko11t3r]

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

Be glad people are changing their views on stuff for the better.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Not u using 'cute' in a sentence. I am gheyifying your vocabulary.

Next u will start using 'sis', 'henny' or 'bottom' in a sentence.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Ok I'm going to say it, and it's not about Demi, it's about people

When Lindsay Lohan had addiction (only alcohol and occasionally cocaine) every time she slipped GP was like 'it's what she deserves', 'drunk whore', 'junkie bitch', 'she deserves to die'. She was treated like the worst human being ever. By media and the law (while some other celebrities sucesfually managed to escape the law several times - like Amanda Bayne or whatever her last name is).

And now with Demi I see people, like Mr leonix said, treating her like she saved the world.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I find it curious and perhaps positive how people have changed over certain topics over the last few years ..... Whitney Houston was portrayed as an American villain when her drugs issues came out public, her career was even over, there were a lot of tabloids behind her, many people criticizing her and seeing her as she was some kind of weird person, there was barely any empathy and sympathy for her condition ..... When Britney had her issues people hated her and wished her death.

..... Now Demi gets a Heroin overdose and suddenly everyone is so sensitive, and supportive, and peaceful, and nobody dare to make some critic . . . Demi's career would've been over with this incident during the 90s. People seem more conscious ... Or perhaps less of double-moral ash*les now.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Some user named theArmy got banned unfairly (Iím sure thereís no surprise there ) and people think youíre him because your username is aRat (word/letter followed by word starting in capital) and they think itís similar to theArmy

I love theArmy but youíre def cooler <3 and Stan for Dua Lipa
    Nope, theArmy's ban was well deserved. Calling people "rape supporter" and sending threatening PM's deserve ban. And it wasn't only me, he was rude to tons of people.

Leave a comment:

• Bellus
    replied
    ^ Sis, you're a guardian watcher of the night

Being old you probably saved one of Kylie's fans #SaviorIggy

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    I was on my watch on my window, and I think I just saw a very old man getting robbed.:-? I didnt wanna jump to conclusions, but then the guy went away and soon after he turned back and went to the old man and it looked like he was touching his pockets (again). I yelled hey to which he reacted but I got a bit scared tbh cuz he kinda now knows where I live. He then left and entered a bus.

I swear I dont live in some ghetto and Vienna overall is extremely safe so is my city block, but wth. :-?

P.s. now I feel bad for being too slow to call the popo. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I don't get the obsession some people have with "talent" in the Pop world. Talent is a good quality but its not what will make someone rule the Pop scene.

Talent is everything you'll need if you want to write and perform songs with your band, or if you want to be an Opera singer, or a professional composer (Hans Zimmer), etc . . . . . but for being a Popstar? why would anyone look for "talent" inside the manufactured pop world? People don't care if your Pop artist has a voice like Pavarotti or write songs like Joni Mitchell, what people want to see in Pop is something Iconic, Pop music is a statement and people live for that look, that magical stage moment, that memorable visual, that catchy timeless hook, thats it. Its those moments what makes a Pop artist a "Good Pop artist" and not the talent itself.

Sometimes the term "Popstar" is used in a negative way to ridiculize the pop artist as someone not talented enough, "nothing but a Popstar" . . . I don't see something negative with the term "Popstar", if anything inside of the Pop world a Popstar is the equivalent of a Rockstar in the Rock world, its just a statement filled with coolness all over it (and personally a more attractive term than a "Diva"). For Rock purposes, People want to hear your message and your genuine creations but for Pop people just want iconicness and thats what a Pop artist should be able to master, how to be iconic as a form of expression is what a Pop Artist has to do in my book . . . .

. . . . If you're going to do Pop Music you better make sure to be Iconic, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense AT ALL, If you can't do that go and record soul or jazz or country instead because there's no reason on willing to record Pop without learning to master the Pop Culture, there's no talent in the world that could turn a NON-iconic Popstar into someone NON-pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    ^not as talented as Trump obvs (only Vladimir is more talented)

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    [youtube:12hox8l4]oQW2FFt3-A8[/youtube:12hox8l4]

oh wow stanning talent is my only option.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Weird how all these rock men f**k around like wild rabbits, putting their diseased ding dongs in any hole they can find and no one bats an eye while our brave & angelic pop girls get called hoes just for dressing sexy.
    that view is a tiny bit outdated
    which?
    actually both, there are no rock men like in the 60s or 70s anymore and pop girls dressing sexy is just the norm

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Weird how all these rock men f**k around like wild rabbits, putting their diseased ding dongs in any hole they can find and no one bats an eye while our brave & angelic pop girls get called hoes just for dressing sexy.
    which?

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Because they are living the Rock and Roll lifestyle, you know: "Sex, drugs and Rock N Roll", also the Rock world has different rules than the Pop world. In the Rock scene you can't gain credibility by being a "good guy", drugs are highly accepted there and its all about living the moment, living the music, enjoying concerts and having parties.

In the Pop world on the contrary, the market dictates that their stars have to be "perfect", "role models", its all about public relations, image, marketing and manufactured hits that allow the artists to be high-valued brands for other products and gigs.

Different worlds. Thats why some pop stars get huge backlash whenever they get a scandal regarding sex, drugs, or bad behavior while many other rockers who do the same get praised instead. When you live under the Pop rules you can't fail the pop code of being "perfect", thats what the industry itself created.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    Some user named theArmy got banned unfairly (Iím sure thereís no surprise there ) and people think youíre him because your username is aRat (word/letter followed by word starting in capital) and they think itís similar to theArmy
    that was last week, they think I am someone else's duplicate this week.
    What? Who?
    Dunno was there some ex-member who stanned Dual Labia and dragged a certain Superbowl performer for filth?
    that's toni_pest but he's not banned

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    What? Who?
    Dunno was there some ex-member who stanned Dual Labia and dragged a certain Superbowl performer for filth?

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    What? Who?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X