replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

I'm making couscous for dinner tonight.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
    Ok, can we start discussing which of the big 5 is the most iconic, please?
    I'd rather you tell me how much you enjoyed your steak or whatever tbh.
    I had an amazing pasta al pesto for lunch, thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    We can leave it to rest now. Except that I'd like to call out Wayne for never answering to anything I write for him that may challenge his views, like UK animal welfare laws. Ooop. Love ya sis.
    We disagree on too much when it comes to this subject, it's just easier for me to ignore you.

I don't mind having my views challenged but you are not a good debater - you are preachy and that really grates me.

But I do like that you're passionate and you must do what you must do.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover
    Several Dance classics. Number one is probably "One More Time" by Daft Punk.
    I think Carbon meant the trashy / tacky EDM generic bops . . . not the dance masterpieces

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Several Dance classics. Number one is probably "One More Time" by Daft Punk.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Originally posted by Carbon
    Do y’all think there’s an EDM song that is/will become a classic
    [youtube:1lcde9b5]PwXOgzmTbVU[/youtube:1lcde9b5]

I dance erotically to this every day.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Do y’all think there’s an EDM song that is/will become a classic and not just a forgotten bop of its time?

I think When Love Takes Over could be one.
    "Work Bitch"
    It’s a ghey classic, not a classic classic

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Madonna and Beyoncé. The rest don't matter.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    I'd rather you tell me how much you enjoyed your steak or whatever tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy
    How can he be the oldest dog ever lived with 27 years when the article includes this:
    There have been long living non-vegetarian dogs also. For example, an Australian Cattle Dog named Bluey who lived to 29 years and five months old.
    I think that one is not official tho.

Well, it gets hard sometimes for me. But, in 10-15 years waay fewer people will see me as pushy or preachy. Veganism is becoming mainstream and y'all have to deal. It's one of the next big social changes tbh.

We can leave it to rest now. Except that I'd like to call out Wayne for never answering to anything I write for him that may challenge his views, like UK animal welfare laws. Ooop. Love ya sis.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Do y’all think there’s an EDM song that is/will become a classic and not just a forgotten bop of its time?

"Work Bitch"

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied

Tbh i mostly appreciate his veggie rants as he has a point for human diets and our behavior. I am vegetarian ( or try to be with a few occasional exceptions) and my breakfast is always vegan. But not with pets such as cats and dogs

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    How can he be the oldest dog ever lived with 27 years when the article includes this:
    There have been long living non-vegetarian dogs also. For example, an Australian Cattle Dog named Bluey who lived to 29 years and five months old.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    give it up Serby, you're coming off as very desperate

this has nothing to do with the lifespan of the animal, most dogs already live a normal to even above average lifespan eating food with meat...this has like zero to do with it

This Shiba Inu is also one of the longest living dogs (26 human years) and he ate meat throughout his life...so?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...=1531754018557

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied

No one is denying that it’s possible.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    World's oldest dog ever lived vegan.

https://www.care2.com/greenliving/veget ... years.html

Rather anecdotal, but shows it's possible.

Leave a comment:

• LongingHeart
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy
    Everything they need includes meat. They have totally different needs of animal protein etc. You can't just give them a carrot and a protein shake with oat milk. Diarrhea and other diseases are predistined. Anyway there are no real existing supplements for this as it is not possible to feed a dog/cat like this and be inside the law regarding animal cruelty and malnutrition. If you decide you don't want to eat meat as a human fine. It's healthy and I am all for it. If you don't support using any kind of meat which they need (most of the time the parts of an animal which won't be used for humans is in pet food so at least there is less waste) don't get a pet like a dog or cat. This is the decision you are able to make, everything else is selfish.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Animals like the taste of meat?
    You mean humans?

It has nothing to do with being meat or being vegetables. It's about getting them what they need to survive and be healthy. And no, that is not meat, it's all the nutrients that compose meat.

These days there is plant-based meat being made in labs. It has similar composition, texture and taste. Would my dog care if it was eating meat or veggies if they are the same to her? Heck no, food is food.

It's the same with us.

Now, we are obviously talking about pets which depend on humans. We are not talking about wild animals......
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Animals like the taste of meat?
    You mean humans?

It has nothing to do with being meat or being vegetables. It's about getting them what they need to survive and be healthy. And no, that is not meat, it's all the nutrients that compose meat.

These days there is plant-based meat being made in labs. It has similar composition, texture and taste. Would my dog care if it was eating meat or veggies if they are the same to her? Heck no, food is food.

It's the same with us.

Now, we are obviously talking about pets which depend on humans. We are not talking about wild animals......
    I didn't say it but...
    Taste is not the most important part. BUT let the dog decide two different bowls one with meat one with vegetables. You'll see which is empty first. The are not eating every kind of fruit and vegetable if you let them decide they are picky whereas with meat or animal protein like eggs/cheese etc. they will basically eat anything.
    To this day there are simple no plant based diets from the lab to give a dog or cat everything they need

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied

What I mean is that there is already meat made from plants. Obviously that would be ridiculously expensive but could become an alternative in the future for pets. Yes, because pets cannot be equated to wild animals.

Cats are able to hunt on themselves but they provoke a big damage to the ecosystem by preying on a lot of small animals and birds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X