• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover
    Animals like the taste of meat?
    You mean humans?

It has nothing to do with being meat or being vegetables. It's about getting them what they need to survive and be healthy. And no, that is not meat, it's all the nutrients that compose meat.

These days there is plant-based meat being made in labs. It has similar composition, texture and taste. Would my dog care if it was eating meat or veggies if they are the same to her? Heck no, food is food.

It's the same with us.

Now, we are obviously talking about pets which depend on humans. We are not talking about wild animals......
    Actually, most domesticated animals like cats and dogs need meat actually, especially cats:

"The cat is considered by scientists to be a strict carnivore and the dog is considered to be an omnivore. Both species are in the Class Mammalia and the Order Carnivora, but hereís the difference: The cat cannot sustain its life unless it consumes meat in some form. Dogs, however, are able to survive on plant material alone; they do not have to consume meat. But always keep in mind that dogs do best and by nature are primarily meat-eaters. Just because by definition they are omnivores (can digest and utilize plant and animal food sources) does not mean that plant material alone makes a good source of nutrition for the dog.

So a good way to think of it is that cats are carnivores, dogs are omnivores, but they both have evolved as hunters of other animals in keeping with their nature as meat-eaters."
    https://www.petmd.com/cat/nutrition/...eeds_different

Point being, dogs & cats are perfectly fine eating meat and it benefits them a whole lot, and although dogs can eat both it is much better for them to eat meat than just plant material. Now this does not meat straight up pieces of meat (although they can), but usually it's mixed into dog/cat food which is great for them. Just because you've decided to change your lifestyle doesn't mean your pet does too

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Animals like the taste of meat?
    You mean humans?

It has nothing to do with being meat or being vegetables. It's about getting them what they need to survive and be healthy. And no, that is not meat, it's all the nutrients that compose meat.

These days there is plant-based meat being made in labs. It has similar composition, texture and taste. Would my dog care if it was eating meat or veggies if they are the same to her? Heck no, food is food.

It's the same with us.

Now, we are obviously talking about pets which depend on humans. We are not talking about wild animals......

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Everything they need includes meat. They have totally different needs of animal protein etc. You can't just give them a carrot and a protein shake with oat milk. Diarrhea and other diseases are predistined. Anyway there are no real existing supplements for this as it is not possible to feed a dog/cat like this and be inside the law regarding animal cruelty and malnutrition. If you decide you don't want to eat meat as a human fine. It's healthy and I am all for it. If you don't support using any kind of meat which they need (most of the time the parts of an animal which won't be used for humans is in pet food so at least there is less waste) don't get a pet like a dog or cat. This is the decision you are able to make, everything else is selfish.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Originally posted by BeeBoy
    It's is definetly not fine to put Cats and dogs on vegan diets. They are not like humans which can be healthy and survive perfectly fine without meat. Yes they can also eat fruit and vegetables from time to time and do need it but they will die from vegan diets as they cannot get the needed micronutrients and amino acids simple as that. A whole different digestive system. It is not something you can decide as an owner, if you do it is animal cruelty.
    Vegan: Humans yes, pets no
    Again with proper suplements and getting them EVERYTHING they need, I don't see a problem.
    Because itís unnatural. Cats and dogs like the taste of meat so we shouldnít deny them of it.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat
    Originally posted by cheapthrills
    Garbaj
    ForGaGatten
    Her name is Mariah

Edit: Oh, OK, so we are just picking on people who actually like a particular artist.
    Girl why are you trying to get the iconic Garbaj and forGaGattem banned too?

I'm not - just pointing out the irony that there are insulting nicknames in UKmix, but it was decided to filter a positive one. I think filters were ok for April Fool's when we were all in on the joke, but otherwise nah.

Leave a comment:

• LongingHeart
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    It's is definetly not fine to put Cats and dogs on vegan diets. They are not like humans which can be healthy and survive perfectly fine without meat. Yes they can also eat fruit and vegetables from time to time and do need it but they will die from vegan diets as they cannot get the needed micronutrients and amino acids simple as that. A whole different digestive system. It is not something you can decide as an owner, if you do it is animal cruelty.
    Again with proper suplements and getting them EVERYTHING they need, I don't see a problem.
    What they need in order to have a long and healthy life is meat

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    If people don't want to be offended, they shouldn't call other artists names like "garbajj" or trash. Or troll Ed Sheeran topics.
    Oh, so if he didn't come for "Garbaj" earlier then his taking offence would've been justified?

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
    Originally posted by biscuits
    I donít recall seeing anybodyís way of life mocked
    The comments that joked about the ghetto and the hood were quite tasteless, IMO. I can see why Goldmoney might have been offended.
    !!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Odyssey
    Had a read through it, nothing serious IMO
    It was overreacting by justice police as usual, nothing happened that could have offended him.
    Well, it looks like he was offended. But I don't think anyone was being malevolent with their comments.
    That's his problem. When he was throwing shades left and right on a daily basis he didn't seemed so sensitive.
    This.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME
    I agree with MR, let's not decide for animals... It's like you saw a lion pounce on an antelope & got like, "Oh no, you should do that to the antelope .... eat beans instead" :(
    I said two posts above I wouldn't do that as it's not the same and wouldn't make sense.

Would you say you decide for animals when you consume them or they have a choice?

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    If people don't want to be offended, they shouldn't call other artists names like "garbajj" or trash. Or troll Ed Sheeran topics.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    I agree with MR, let's not decide for animals... It's like you saw a lion pounce on an antelope & got like, "Oh no, you should do that to the antelope .... eat beans instead" :(

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    think there's ttwo types of vegans/vegetarians, those who change their lifestyle and are ok with other people eating meat and those who want to turn everything into a lecture of how meat isn't good and how animals are killed blah blah...
    Well, you couldn't be a black people rights activist and be fine with with other people being racist.

You can't be women rights activist and be fine with sexist people.

You can't be gay rights activist and be fine with (violent and harmful) homophobia.

So don't expect me to fine with people eating animals. I can see you as a person behind your food habits, and I can respect you as a person, bt can't respect your food/life choice when it affects other sentient beings that need not to be used, abused and harmed in this day and age and at the same time are responsible for the most of environmental problems we deal with.

* you= y'all

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    You say we as if we were all personally there through centuries domesticating certain animals

I just think that if the majority of cats for example eat non vegan diets and already live fine with that, there's not need to change it. It it ain't broke, don't fix it. Like you say, we've been unfair in taking certain animals out and domesticating them, but why make even more changes by changing their diet?

Just my thoughts

In all fairness, if anyone ever thinks about even doing that to their pet's diet, they should have two food dishes to test, one of meat mix food and one vegan, and whichever you pets decided to eat first/most should be what you should feed him/her and I bet it'll be the meat dish

And when I said I'm ok with people being vegans is more like I don't care because they're people and can decide for themselves, but when you decide for your pet is just sounds weird and wrong plus makes it sounds like you're desperate to ban everything you can from meat, including your pet I think there's ttwo types of vegans/vegetarians, those who change their lifestyle and are ok with other people eating meat and those who want to turn everything into a lecture of how meat isn't good and how animals are killed blah blah...

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Why do people say they are okay with people being vegan? What is there to not be okay with it?

How is it selfish if we made our pets what they are and took them out of the nature system of food chain? I might as well feed my cat however I want as long their health is not jeopardized. It's like saying it's not okay to feed babies from their birth on a vegan diet yet it's perfectly fine if done properly (in before 'those psrents so killed their baby by feeding it vegan').

I do get why do people find it weird, but you do what you want, I can't force y'all do anything and I don't expect you guys to think about such stuff when you still don't think there's nothing wrong with eating animals in this day and age. This a topic step forward and too complex.

And as the history showed many times, being a majority doesn't mean being right.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Wow yeah in all seriousness I'm ok if people decide to be vegan, but to put their pets on a vegan diet is just completely strange :-? :-?

Like wth, sure maybe some of these pets can survive and be healthy on a vegan diet but technically so can humans yet most of us decide not to, so for you to decide for your pet (and I'm willing to say it's mostly people who are already on such vegan/vegetarian diet that do this) when clearly most don't go for a vegan diet is just wrong and a bit controlling and selfish imo...

Leave a comment:

• User5
    replied
    It was overreacting by justice police as usual, nothing happened that could have offended him.
    Well, it looks like he was offended. But I don't think anyone was being malevolent with their comments.
    That's his problem. When he was throwing shades left and right on a daily basis he didn't seemed so sensitive.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    And dropping animal abuse accusation is uncalled for if the said pet can live healthy and it's trying to put a bad light onto veganism as such, even though it has nothing to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by LongingHeart
    Originally posted by Gravity
    People that put their cats on vegan diet should be charged with animal abuse
    Waiting for Serby ...
    Are we now acting as if being vegan means doing nonsense things for the sake of veganism? Cuz if so, you have no good understanding of what it means to be a vegan.

Some cats are able to be fed on a (mostly) vegan diet but no sane vegan would force this on their cats if it's bad for them. It's not a religion of following nonsense rules or whatever. And if your pet can be healthy and thrive on meatless diet, what's the harm? Our pets are anyway not really a part of food chain in the nature, we 'took them out of the system.

Reminds me of people who say/think mother breast milk or male liquid babies are not vegan.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Big overreaction you guys

Btw is Goldmoney actually from the hood or he just pretends to be rachet? Js, I once had the crazy experience of visiting a real hood in the bronx nyc and almost got robbed, and oddly enough there was no cell signal and when I asked about where I could get wifi they said there was none and "welcome to the hood"

So if Goldmoney has signal that must mean it's not the real hood

No but really Goldmoney, no reason to leave just because of that change to what you call Mariah

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• User5
    replied

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

Leave a comment:

Working...
X