Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • biscuits
    replied
    Re: Unpopular Opinions

    My YouTube app updated itself and now I cannot connect to my TV. Any advice?

    Leave a comment:


  • BodyShop
    replied
    ^ that is so true

    Originally posted by BeeBoy
    .You are not immediately dirty after sweating if you use deodorant and wash yourself
    You also said 3 times a day as minimum in winter which is a big difference if you were taking 2 showers in the two hottest months ok, but that is not what you said
    Well,that feels like a tragedy for us . I mean,being sweaty and not taking a shower. Being sweaty= being dirty ,that's hiw we feel.
    As for the winter,it has just started here. I live in Rio de Janeiro.
    Yesterday,we had temperatures as high as 39C( in the west area of the city) so,living in a tropical country is a whole other story .
    My 3 showers a day are like this : one as I wake up,another one when I get home from work and the last one after coming from gym and before going to sleep.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by BodyShop
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    we're told that washing your hands, brushing your teeth and taking daily showers is the right thing to do, if you don't do it you are perceived as dirty here. Its a cultural thing.
    it's so true.
    Even if you are,let's say ,taking a weekend off with your friends at the beach,for example.
    If you go back home after an afternoon doing outdoor activities and you simply go to bed without taking a shower ,you'll definitely be consider a person with no hygiene at all
    Let alone go to sleep at night or wake up in the morning and do the same. It's unacceptable! Lol
    Lol yes or when you go out partying to a club and you arrive home so late like 4:00am - 5:00am wasted and drunk and you're too tired to take a shower so you just don't and pass out at your bed.

    ... You better not tell your friends you didn't take a shower as soon as you arrived home ... Otherwise they'll say you're dirty even if you take the shower after waking up.

    Leave a comment:


  • biscuits
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

    As I said, the humidity in Japan is so high at the moment so I have to take 2 showers a day. My morning one is only 5-10 mins because I don't need to shampoo my hair, as I would have done it the night before.

    Leave a comment:


  • BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by BodyShop
    Originally posted by BeeBoy
    The poor environment people really need to change their minds about what is really necessary this is the only planet we have. Where does all the water come from? The plastic bottles of shampoo and so on. A shower once a day should be max. I do 1-2 days in between. It is not even good for you and your skin let alone the environment. You can keep yourself fresh and clean with other stuff or just a quick wash with a wet towel.
    I am not going to command anyone what they should do but people really need to start thinking about the bigger picture
    It's really easy to say that living in Germany
    Come to a country with humidity extremely high and temperatures that can reach 45C in Jan/Feb and see if a 'wet towel' will do anything for you
    It doesnt mean we keep the water running for 15 min while at it.
    I'm talking quick showers here ,3 to 5 min max .
    I've been to South East Asia Several Times as well as Australia and even then I never went for a shower more than once a day it is just not necessary imo. You are not immediately dirty after sweating if you use deodorant and wash yourself.
    You also said 3 times a day as minimum in winter which is a big difference if you were taking 2 showers in the two hottest months ok, but that is not what you said sometimes it is also a good idea to think about cultural things from a different perpective if you guys say that is the case with washing yourself so often and challenge them. Taking 3 to 5 showers is just so wasteful or taking a shower that is 1hour long lmao and not even healthy. That is where you should maybe start thinking about changing something. Even if you are looking after yourself are obsessed with looks showering more than once won't change that. I am not going to tell you what to do. if you guys just start thinking about it more I am fine with that and happy. we can just agree to disagree

    Leave a comment:


  • BodyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by toni_pest
    how big is your water heater if you have hot water for 1 hour? i barely make it to 15-20 minutes when i really need a long shower. but my showers are usually 2 songs long.
    My showers are cold ! Water heaters only if it's reaaaally cold and that's not usual here ,at all

    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    we're told that washing your hands, brushing your teeth and taking daily showers is the right thing to do, if you don't do it you are perceived as dirty here. Its a cultural thing.
    it's so true.
    Even if you are,let's say ,taking a weekend off with your friends at the beach,for example.
    If you go back home after an afternoon doing outdoor activities and you simply go to bed without taking a shower ,you'll definitely be consider a person with no hygiene at all
    Let alone go to sleep at night or wake up in the morning and do the same. It's unacceptable! Lol

    Leave a comment:


  • BodyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy
    The poor environment people really need to change their minds about what is really necessary this is the only planet we have. Where does all the water come from? The plastic bottles of shampoo and so on. A shower once a day should be max. I do 1-2 days in between. It is not even good for you and your skin let alone the environment. You can keep yourself fresh and clean with other stuff or just a quick wash with a wet towel.
    I am not going to command anyone what they should do but people really need to start thinking about the bigger picture
    It's really easy to say that living in Germany
    Come to a country with humidity extremely high and temperatures that can reach 45C in Jan/Feb and see if a 'wet towel' will do anything for you
    It doesnt mean we keep the water running for 15 min while at it.
    I'm talking quick showers here ,3 to 5 min max .

    Leave a comment:


  • toni_pest
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

    how big is your water heater if you have hot water for 1 hour? i barely make it to 15-20 minutes when i really need a long shower. but my showers are usually 2 songs long.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME
    Imagine showering 5x a day and brushing your teeth 8times
    I know it sounds like BodyShop and I are hygiene freaks .... But you have to understand thas the culture here in Latin America, its not seen as something weird here. We take care a lot.

    I personally don't take 3-5 showers per day BUT it is not uncommon that people take multiple showers per day here (around 3), its either that or taking just one long 1 hour shower per day (thats also common here, long showers).

    Here its very different than how it is in Europe. Latin people are obsessed with looks, we live for the Instagram post, we want to be clean and looking good all time, teenage girls dream to have breast implants, all the young girls want to be like Kylie Jenner or any Instagram model, beauty pageants are popular here, we're told that washing your hands, brushing your teeth and taking daily showers is the right thing to do, if you don't do it you are perceived as dirty here. Its a cultural thing.

    In Europe people seem more relaxed, people don't take daily showers as seriously, women are more natural, Europeans don't seem as obsessed with social media and I never imagined that brushing your teeth more than 2-3 times a day could be seen as weird in Europe. Its different, but I like those cultural differences.

    BTW, I brush my teeth 7-8 times and I have friends that are worse than me, I have friends who actually take the toothbrush with them every time they go out / work, so they're at a restaurant and they can go to the bathroom to brush their teeth.

    Leave a comment:


  • BodyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat
    Originally posted by BodyShop
    ^you are definitely right about the cultural thing.
    Same goes for showers .
    I can't imagine taking less than 3 showers a day.
    That's the absolute minimum and I'm talking winter here.
    During Summer,and those mind blowing temperatures,it goes up to at least 5x a day,easily.
    gurl how do you even have the time for 3 showers a day?

    Also that is very unhealthy for your skin and hair. Just ask any skin doctor and they will tell you to stop doing that.
    Doesnt mean that every time you take a shower,you need to wash your hair tho .
    As for the skin,I visit the Dermathologist regularly and everything is ok,
    I guarantee you
    Last but not least,it's not me ,it's a cultural thing like we were discussing before.
    If you ever come to Brazil,you'll see what I'm talking about.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gravity
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

    I shower once a day. Nothing better than a cold shower on hot summer days.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bellus
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

    Always shower at night.
    3 mins hot, 1 min freezing cold to end it.

    Morning I usually use a freshening wipe to wash my face, gential area and butt.
    (Yes its bio-degradable and not tested on animals).

    Rarely shower in the morning.

    Leave a comment:


  • heppolo
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

    Morning showers make me sleepy. regardless of using cold or hot water.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wayne
    replied
    5 showers a day?!

    I always have 1 in the morning, and mostly have 1 at night. Dont get how anyone has time for 5?!

    Leave a comment:


  • BeeBoy
    replied
    The poor environment people really need to change their minds about what is really necessary this is the only planet we have. Where does all the water come from? The plastic bottles of shampoo and so on. A shower once a day should be max. I do 1-2 days in between. It is not even good for you and your skin let alone the environment. You can keep yourself fresh and clean with other stuff or just a quick wash with a wet towel.
    I am not going to command anyone what they should do but people really need to start thinking about the bigger picture

    Leave a comment:


  • biscuits
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

    Fortunately, I can wake up at 10am every day.

    Leave a comment:


  • Serby
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

    Honestly morning showers is somethig I'll never do or understand. Mornigs are miserable already and to think I'd have to wake up 20ish mins earlier to shower and then freeze... just no.

    I can't be the only one who feels like crying in the morning. I just can't, why do I have uni at 9.15, that's way too early tbh.

    Except for holidays, then I wake up on my own cuz I'm excited.

    Leave a comment:


  • biscuits
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

    During a working day, I could only have time for 3 showers max. Before work, after work and before bed.

    Leave a comment:


  • biscuits
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

    Im showering twice a day right now. The humidity and heat in Tokyo is real

    Leave a comment:


  • Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME
    Imagine showering 5x a day and brushing your teeth 8times
    A week worth of hygiene.

    I shower every second day and my skin is great tbh. Don't see the point in showering every day let alone more than once. And tbh, when it's winter, I might shower even a bit less. Going outside of the shower and freezing to death no matter how it is indoors is not worth it tbh.

    Leave a comment:


  • DOSSOME
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

    Imagine showering 5x a day and brushing your teeth 8times

    Leave a comment:


  • DnBLover
    replied
    Not only that is unhealthy, it also consumes so much water. You have cities like Cape Town where they aren't almost allowed to take 1 shower per week. Let alone several per day.

    Also your skin has natural oils that protect it from the sun and other hazards. You are pretty much increasing your chances of getting skin cancer by doing that.

    Leave a comment:


  • DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Most Iconic?

    The most iconic acts are:

    The Beatles
    Elvis Presley
    The Rolling Stones
    Queen
    ABBA
    Michael Jackson
    Madonna

    Of course there are more icons but no one else can Top the ones mentioend above in terms of iconicness around the world.
    Maybe for wypipo
    Ratchet street only uses MJ
    Pretty much...

    I think if everyone here made their own list, MJ would be the one to appear on all/most lists

    Leave a comment:


  • aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by BodyShop
    ^you are definitely right about the cultural thing.
    Same goes for showers .
    I can't imagine taking less than 3 showers a day.
    That's the absolute minimum and I'm talking winter here.
    During Summer,and those mind blowing temperatures,it goes up to at least 5x a day,easily.
    gurl how do you even have the time for 3 showers a day?

    Also that is very unhealthy for your skin and hair. Just ask any skin doctor and they will tell you to stop doing that.

    Leave a comment:


  • grooveboy
    replied
    Originally posted by BodyShop
    I can't imagine taking less than 3 showers a day.
    That's the absolute minimum and I'm talking winter here.
    During Summer,and those mind blowing temperatures,it goes up to at least 5x a day,easily.
    Do you even have skin anymore??

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X