X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    I agree, we need to learn from the past and not let talentless people become famous anymore

You can force your silly little agenda all you like, it won't change a single tiny thing.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Sweaty, Dua scored gigantic solo hits with New Rules and IDGAF before doing those lil quick DJ collabs, also her new lead single is solo and smashing already & her entire new album will be completely solo.
    none of that changes what she did though..

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    I agree, we need to learn from the past and not let talentless people become famous anymore
    so, let's not pretend that Dua Lipa has good music anymore. agrih? I mean it's what you wished for, right?

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Regarding Ariana Grande: I would say that 'thank you next!' was actually quite successful. Considering that many acts peak successwise with their debut album, it's pretty cool that she was able to score some new personal records with her 5th studio album. The album spent 5 weeks at No. 1 in Australia and even 7 weeks in NZ, which is very hard to achieve. The only issue with that era was that it was such short-lived and ended abruptly because of her private situation.

Regarding the talent in today's music climate: There have always been acts that were known for being popular rather than necessarily being extremely talented. These days, there are quite a few acts, especially in the rap department, that go for the quick hit because they know that there is a market for that. Talent is highly subjective, so the closest to an objective view on that are the Grammys and critics' sites such as Metacritic. I'm not sure whether it's gotten easier to reach high scores, but albums like 'Golden Hour', 'To Pimp a Butterfly' or 'Lemonade' have received universal acclaim from all kinds of sources. So there may be a bigger discrepancy between talented and popular acts these days, but they still seem there if you're willing to search for them...

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    But the way she went from Lost in your light Dua to all those collabs with all the hot dance artists. Like I understand why she did it, but she sold out.
    Sweaty, Dua scored gigantic solo hits with New Rules and IDGAF before doing those lil quick DJ collabs, also her new lead single is solo and smashing already & her entire new album will be completely solo.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post
    The industry need talented woman above else. A concept that is lost on many these days it seems.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    The industry needs every successful woman it can get, Dua better slay.
    I feel this. The H100 has been such a dire sausagefest this year.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    She still has the most streamed female album even if you remove One Kiss & Scared To Be Lonely.
    But the way she went from Lost in your light Dua to all those collabs with all the hot dance artists. Like I understand why she did it, but she sold out.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    the way she re released her album with all those random collabs tacked onto it... the sellout was too much !!
    She still has the most streamed female album even if you remove One Kiss & Scared To Be Lonely.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    The industry need talented woman above else. A concept that is lost on many these days it seems.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Was that meant to be impressive? That is worse than Madino's worst performance.

No wonder the good sis was never able to tour properly.

She was also sued for plagirising that song from a black artist. She had to pay out over 1 million.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    I just noticed DUI also looks like Miranda Sings.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
    Let's see if Dua will get another successful era....
    the way she re released her album with all those random collabs tacked onto it... the sellout was too much !!

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LastDreamer
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post
    Stop trying to make Lithuanian girl groups happen. They're not going to happen.
    Most active Lithuanian girl group Mango celebrate 20th anniversary in this year.

Quite impressive discography (especially for girlband) with 10 (!!!) studio albums and greatest hits compilation.

https://www.discogs.com/ru/artist/568904-Mango-3

Last edited by LastDreamer; Mon November 4, 2019, 18:32.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    At least for her it's still possible while for your fave...
    My fave is a music icon though. He essentially shaped the whole hip-hop scene of this day and age. Kanye called him the most influential artist of the decade. ;)

These millionaire artists won't share a dime with the rest of us so it's no like I would care.

Actually, Dua feat Cudi could be very cool.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    so you get this from a clip of a concert in sold-out Madison Square Garden? Your dementia is kicking in, girl.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    At least for her it's still possible while for your fave...

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    This thread really feels like tumbling down the rabbit hole these days.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

so you get this from a clip of a concert in sold-out Madison Square Garden? Your dementia is kicking in, girl.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    it really doesn't get any better than this:

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Mariah stans trying to educate us about great performances... I have to laugh.

She is in a new vocal peak.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Dua isn't an instant fad like Ariana, she rises slowly and then sticks like glue on the charts. Her longevity is insane. This is why she has like 4 songs in the "top 20 most streamed female songs" list and also has the most streamed album by a female. All that with just one era.
    a fad indeed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X