X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User5
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo
    All Mariah threads should be closed forever and not just on the UKMix.
    Just no. You do hit a point once in a while but for the most time it's just talking nonsense. Every topic I visit there's you bitching and whining about literally everything. Cheer up a little

On a true UKMix there should be only Blur v. Oasis, Take That v. Boyzone and Harry Styles v. Zayn
    By that logic on a true UKMix only UK based people should be members so that cuts you out.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by EAI
    Locking the thread for a week was so unnecessary. How about Ban 3 memebers and keep it moving?
    I disagree but it's annoying how some members act like her thread is a chat room, shading other artists and bringing unneccessary drama from atrl

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by SummerPeur
    Originally posted by EAI
    Locking the thread for a week was so unnecessary. How about Ban 3 memebers and keep it moving?
    Heppolo, just no.

It's interesting how people just can't seem to ever get over the fact that Mariah's fan base love to be active together. People can't seem to accept the fact she is so invested in her fan base and has created such a connection that every move of hers is on their lips, which in a sense = a very active and popular thread. Which HELPS UKMix remain active overall.

However people love to either a) talk down the the group, b) actively try and spur them on and get them in trouble and c) try and diminish whatever accomplish they/Mariah are achieving, and want ways to reduce it. Just because it was and still is the 'fun' thing to do, diminish a pop diva's success especially if it involves Mariah.

For once can't this place just accept that the Mariah thread is very unique, and find it endearing that even though they may all bicker and be quite vocal, the love they share and the connection they have over Mariah really is special and amazing.
    it's not like I wanna talk them down, it's just that Mariah gets too much attention, there should be USMix for US artists that have the world at their feet.
    On a true UKMix there should be only Blur v. Oasis, Take That v. Boyzone and Harry Styles v. Zayn

Leave a comment:

• Bellus
    replied
    Originally posted by EAI
    Heppolo, just no.

It's interesting how people just can't seem to ever get over the fact that Mariah's fan base love to be active together. People can't seem to accept the fact she is so invested in her fan base and has created such a connection that every move of hers is on their lips, which in a sense = a very active and popular thread. Which HELPS UKMix remain active overall.

However people love to either a) talk down the the group, b) actively try and spur them on and get them in trouble and c) try and diminish whatever accomplish they/Mariah are achieving, and want ways to reduce it. Just because it was and still is the 'fun' thing to do, diminish a pop diva's success especially if it involves Mariah.

For once can't this place just accept that the Mariah thread is very unique, and find it endearing that even though they may all bicker and be quite vocal, the love they share and the connection they have over Mariah really is special and amazing.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by EAI

Leave a comment:

• Lamhe
    replied
    Originally posted by EAI
    Who did that?

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney
    “Physical” was as ratchet as it got in 1981.
    Shocked that it was the most successful single of the 80s in US.

$IssaBop

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

So petty

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by EAI
    Totally agree with this. I get the feeling someone is trying to sabotage Mariah to be the #1 thread every week. Why else would it be locked for a whole week when only a few members misbehave?

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

“Physical” was as ratchet as it got in 1981.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    I've been singing Physical by Olivia all day at work, annoying the hell out of my coworkers.
    "Let's get physical, physicaaaaal"

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied

JLo always seemed shady to me.

Leave a comment:

• Bellus
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills
    Such a weird collection of artists to rank.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied

Such a weird collection of artists to rank.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied

Why is J.Lo even a factor?

Leave a comment:

• EAI
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

so where did all the Mariah stans go now that their thread was locked?

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

there is a special place in hell for people who rank Tina Turner low. The woman invented everything, Her music is divine. She is divine. ON the plus side other than being the greatest female singer/entertainer she's also the nicest person to ever been born.

Leave a comment:

• LongingHeart
    replied

Mariah
    Christina
    Janet / Lady Gaga

... Jlo

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied

1. Mariah Carey / Janet Jackson
    2. Jennifer Lopez
    3. Xtina
    4. Lady Gaga

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Of those 5 my favorites are in this order:

1. Mariah Carey
    2. Janet Jackson
    3. Christina Aguilera
    4. Lady Gaga
    5. Jennifer Lopez

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Black female artists were also not taken seriously for a very long time. Female R&B acts were getting poor album reviews even for groundbreaking albums (see: Full Moon by Brandy) but nowadays you have Pitchfork stanning for Cardi B

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Can you please rank

Janet Jackson
    Mariah Carey
    Lady Gaga
    Christina Aguilera
    Jennifer Lopez
    cute list of basics

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    I think I've never said this, but this is something that I really love about Madonna & Britney:

Madonna is IMO a Rock N roll woman dominating the Pop scene, I think there's a Rock N Roll spirit in her that reflects in many of her stylism, rebel attitude, freedom, controversies, fashion and stage moments, she was wild and lived her life like no other, she's very pop and even a gay dance staple yet its like she puts out a Rockstar inside the mainstream and delicate Pop world we know. I love that!.
    I agree with this 100%. This is why I felt she had no problem getting in the HOF day one, while people like Whtiney and others are still on the outside looking in. Madonna was always a pop/dance artist musically, but the way she challenged the norms, played the game, presented herself, etc... was closer to how a rocker would assert themselves, that's why to me she always belonged in the HOF because she played the game the way you'd expect a rocker to and not a pop star. She came out onstage with the strut of a Bowie or a Jagger, as opposed to a more pop-oriented artist, and I think it helped make her such an icon.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    I personally don't believe Britney has any real musical talent, but she is definitely a pop icon either way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X