X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I think I've never said this, but this is something that I really love about Madonna & Britney:

Madonna is IMO a Rock N roll woman dominating the Pop scene, I think there's a Rock N Roll spirit in her that reflects in many of her stylism, rebel attitude, freedom, controversies, fashion and stage moments, she was wild and lived her life like no other, she's very pop and even a gay dance staple yet its like she puts out a Rockstar inside the mainstream and delicate Pop world we know. I love that!.

and Britney is the most pop girl, like you can't go more pop than Britney she is super pop, but she wasn't a good girl, she was instead all about partying, sex, drugs, scandals, alcohol, controversies . . She's obviously settled down by now but I think she lived the Rock N Roll lifestyle, its like putting Courtney Love inside the mainstream and glamorous Pop world. I personally don't see Britney Spears as a Diva . . For me she's just a Pop Star who was living the Rock N Roll lifestyle.

Rock N Roll is not just music, it is also a way of living, a lifestyle, it is an essence. Madonna and Britney always had that something that appealed to me.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    I personally wouldn't rate Britney near talented people either. At least not in 2018.
    She has a few pop classics but that's it, in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    1. Janet Jackson
    2. Mariah Carey
    3. Lady Gaga
    4. Jennifer Lopez
    5. Christina Aguilera

Christina has a lot more talent than J. Lo IMO but she's always rubbed me the wrong way
    The top 2 are easy for me.

The other 3 are all very overhyped IMO. They’ve been given fake iconic status just because they were popular at the right time (the childhood of many milliennials who are most vocal on forums)

J Lo was okay until her comeback. Since then, it’s disposable trash non-stop, desperate to get hits by making generic songs which sound dated instantly
    Gaga I am hot and cold on. i got so burnt out on her by the time of Born This Way, especially when suddenly it was decided she was the "queen of the gays" and her image was way too overshadowing her music. Now that she's shown she can do vocal jazz and folk music and the sort I think really softened me up to her because she's proven she's more than her image and that she is more than just gimmicky costumes and videos which really broke her to begin with, though I think she will never completely recover from the overexposure she saw in 2010-2011 when people were deciding she was a living legend when she hadn't proved herself quite yet.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Originally posted by BodyShop
    Ok,so many ranks
    One group is Leonix’s faves and the other is his rivals

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    1. Jennifer Lopez (i rate this as a total package though, an entertainer)
    2. Janet Jackson
    3. Mariah Carey
    4. Christina Aguilera
    And where's Britney?
    I really dislike Britney.

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Ok,so many ranks

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    2. Janet Jackson
    3. Mariah Carey
    4. Christina Aguilera
    And where's Britney?
    It was Gaggy in this group

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    2. Janet Jackson
    3. Mariah Carey
    4. Christina Aguilera
    And where's Britney?

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    1. Janet Jackson
    2. Mariah Carey
    3. Lady Gaga
    4. Jennifer Lopez
    5. Christina Aguilera

Christina has a lot more talent than J. Lo IMO but she's always rubbed me the wrong way
    The top 2 are easy for me.

The other 3 are all very overhyped IMO. They’ve been given fake iconic status just because they were popular at the right time (the childhood of many milliennials who are most vocal on forums)

J Lo was okay until her comeback. Since then, it’s disposable trash non-stop, desperate to get hits by making generic songs which sound dated instantly

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

2. Janet Jackson
    3. Mariah Carey
    4. Christina Aguilera

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    1. Janet Jackson
    2. Mariah Carey
    3. Lady Gaga
    4. Jennifer Lopez
    5. Christina Aguilera

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied

I think it’s impossible for anybody not to enjoy at least 5 Maddy songs

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    1. Lady Gaga
    I’m trying to be nice but then you go and post some true BS like this

Leave a comment:

• LongingHeart
    replied

1. Amy
    2. Beyoncé
    3. Madonna
    4. Tina Turner

And the other one... Yeah no

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    1. Madonna
    2. Tina
    3. Beyonce
    4. Britney
    5. Amy

I think Amy was infinitely more talented than Britney, but her discography was so tiny and she never was able to capitalize on her big breakthrough IMO. Although another album or two, I might swap Bey and Tina around because Bey seems to keep getting better and better, and while I love Tina, its been almost 20 years since she gave us a new album.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    How come Britney comes first in your signature?
    Oh, the names in my sig are not in real order or rank. (Led Zeppelin would come first if that was the case).

I think I put Britney first because I study her chart stats a lot in this forum so it is my trademark. But as favorite artists go she's not my #1 female.

To be honest I can spend several days without listening to Britney, on the other hand I can't have a day without listening something from Madonna. Madonna's music plays a huge important role and space in my life.

Can you please rank

Janet Jackson
    Mariah Carey
    Lady Gaga
    Christina Aguilera
    Jennifer Lopez
    1. Lady Gaga
    2 Janet Jackson
    3. Mariah Carey
    4. Christina Aguilera
    5. Jennifer Lopez

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Personally never been much of an Oasis fan but Metallica and Radiohead are far from insipid and definitely belong on a list (I'm seeing Metallica in March). I like that Leonix has an eclectic taste since way too many people stick to one genre and one genre only. Its like how my best friend is in a Cardi B phase but also has everything from Miles Davis to Neil Young to LaToya Jackson to Sufjan Stevens in his record collection.
    I think it’s totally reasonable to stick to one genre. I like R&B and rock does absolutely nothing for me. So I naturally like a lot of R&B artists

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Who do you prefer - Britney or Maddy?
    Madonna all the way!! . . Like no doubt about it.

Regarding females my current Top 5 would be:

1. Madonna
    2. Britney Spears
    3. Tina Turner
    4. Amy Winehouse
    5. Beyoncé

I just don't include Tina and Amy in my signature because they're not really active anymore but I love them.
    I don’t hate any of these but don’t love any either. In terms of musical output

1. Maddy
    2. Beyonce
    3. Amy
    4. Britney
    5. Tina (because I only know her big hits)

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Personally never been much of an Oasis fan but Metallica and Radiohead are far from insipid and definitely belong on a list (I'm seeing Metallica in March). I like that Leonix has an eclectic taste since way too many people stick to one genre and one genre only. Its like how my best friend is in a Cardi B phase but also has everything from Miles Davis to Neil Young to LaToya Jackson to Sufjan Stevens in his record collection.

Leave a comment:

• LongingHeart
    replied

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied

Can you please rank

Janet Jackson
    Mariah Carey
    Lady Gaga
    Christina Aguilera
    Jennifer Lopez

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied

How come Britney comes first in your signature?

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Madonna all the way!! . . Like no doubt about it.

Regarding females my current Top 5 would be:

1. Madonna
    2. Britney Spears
    3. Tina Turner
    4. Amy Winehouse
    5. Beyoncé

I just don't include Tina and Amy in my signature because they're not really active anymore but I love them.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Should have gotten rid of that insipid rock

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X