• Goldmoney
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

[youtube:3s909jdd]ociMBfkDG1w[/youtube:3s909jdd]

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover

Why is owning sexuality for females different than for men?
    And why is that a problem to you? Is the only correct way to own your sexuality the way men do it?

And how about women in sports? How come their outfits are always miniscule? Is it because they are owning their sexuality as well?
    Uhmm men in general can show much more skin than women. I mean they can show their nipples freely in public while women can't. You can find most [s:wn8ofcjt]hot[/s:wn8ofcjt] college bros walking around city with only shorts on (and no t-shirt) these summer days.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugo
    Adele isn't showing any skin and she's the one selling the most. But that's her personal choice and that's how it should be, although it's dangerous when people praise her for that as your perception of a woman shouldn't base itself on demure or her severity, that's how you end up with godawful sharia laws.
    That's a bit far fetched.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied

A woman can show as much skin as she pleases, as long as it's her own choice.
    If she shows skin and it's not her choice, that's bad, but people are quick to jump at conclusions and can often become slut-shamers under the disguise of so-called feminism.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Did you do the mental exercise of finding a female popstar who's not showing their skin? Dont you think that's a symptom of a perverted industry?
    Adele isn't showing any skin and she's the one selling the most. But that's her personal choice and that's how it should be, although it's dangerous when people praise her for that as your perception of a woman shouldn't base itself on demure or her severity, that's how you end up with godawful sharia laws.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

I completely agree with Hugo. Women can wear as much or as less as they want to, it‘s their own damn bodies.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    What's wrong with physically touching people? Why must this be teasing anyone and not simple affection between your peers? People have increasingly grown to not touch others and individualise themselves, so that any contact must be sexual.
    Bro chill. I never said I dont like physical contact, it‘s actually the opposite I love it. I was just surprised by his behavior and am wondering if there could be more between us.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied

Did you do the mental exercise of finding a female popstar who's not showing their skin? Dont you think that's a symptom of a perverted industry?

Why is showing off the body for others to crave a symbol of owning my sexuality.
    I own my sexuality not by being naked, but rather by doing what I want sexually with who I want, and not being ashamed of it.

Why is owning sexuality for females different than for men?
    And how about women in sports? How come their outfits are always miniscule? Is it because they are owning their sexuality as well?

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied

No one expects women to naked all the time and it's time (we're in 2018 after all) to realize women are sexual beings and to not be shocked seeing women who are comfortable with themselves and in control of their image. You shouldn't think less of a woman because her skin is showing.

The real problem are men who can't control themselves, like Harvey Weinstein CBE.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Of course, a woman can be proud of her body and show it off if she wants.

But I think what Greer is saying is that the problem becomes when that is an expectation of women for them to be successful.

Greer has said a lot of ridiculous things, but I see her point here.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied

Okay girl. You do you.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Sorry if I'm not compliant with ignorance.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied

Yes, I don't like her that much but it was more a critique of the system and society and not shaming.

The only reason we have female sexual empowerment trend is cuz they were portrayed as nothing but a sexual beings for the longest. I would compare it to gays and black being proud to just be who they are etc.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied

She's not judging them, she's judging the system that exploits women. I don't necessarily agree with her, but she makes a few valid points.

The only one reductive here is you. You see "Beyonce" and you attack like a bull in front of muleta.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity
    You're just mad she "attacked" your fave, that's all.
    Why must you always be so reductive?

What you fail to understand, unfortunately, is that while using Beyoncé as an example, for her incomparable stature, she's in fact judging every single pop star there is, including your faves.

Anyway, read if you care, although I don't care if you don't: http://theconversation.com/germaine-gre ... roll-97645

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied

You're just mad she "attacked" your fave, that's all.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity
    She probably misses the time when men looked at her with lust and now feels the need to attack attractive women. Meh.
    You're doing the same thing she does.
    When you judge others, expect others to judge you back, you give them entitlement. Plus, her argument is invalid and I've read things about her and I can conclude she's an ignorant and a person with harmful beliefs.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    She probably misses the time when men looked at her with lust and now feels the need to attack attractive women. Meh.
    You're doing the same thing she does.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied

Josephine Baker in the 1930's.

A legend.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    She does not have a point, because she makes it seem like she's always naked when in fact that has rarely been the case.

And what's the problem with being naked? Stop being so pudic and judgemental all the time.

These so-called feminists can be incredibly backwards and it doesn't do their cause any favours.

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Originally posted by The Guardian
    [Germaine Greer's interview]
    "Someone like Beyoncé – who I think is a fantastic musician, a beautiful voice as true as a bell – why has she always got to be f*cking naked and have her tits hanging out? Why?

(...) I’m not saying you have to keep your clothes on, but why is sexual display part of the job? I might as well ask that question to a barmaid who says she doesn’t get any tips if she doesn’t show cleavage.”

Greer also criticises female athletes, saying: “Why do women athletes have to be naked? I watched bloody figure skating and the woman is virtually naked. She has got a few wisps of cloth and the man is in evening dress. You think nakedness is usually a sign of submission, it’s a sign of inequality.”
    I know people will jump at her as usual, just because this lady is unfiltered and unlikeable, but she has a point here (and elsewhere). It's expected for females to always be on display, especially popstars, and imo it's intriguing that Beyoncé has never explicitely tackled this issue in her "feminism".

And it's sad how journalism these days is so damn sensationalist and just skips over the messages. She in reality is criticizing the system which expects women to show off their bodies all the time, as opposed to men. In sport outfits this is clearer than anywhere else.

Just think about the big females in Pop music - tell me one which doesn't show skin in most shows/videos/etc ? Now move on to the males, and you'll instantly find the biggest one, Ed Sheeran. And the rappers. And most ones anyway.

So it's way more of an expectation for the public towards women rather than "sexual freedom", which is how it's portrayed.
    Greer realy has a point here

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Neither Beyoncé nor any other woman have to justify themselves.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied

Originally posted by The Guardian
    [Germaine Greer's interview]
    "Someone like Beyoncé – who I think is a fantastic musician, a beautiful voice as true as a bell – why has she always got to be f*cking naked and have her tits hanging out? Why?

(...) I’m not saying you have to keep your clothes on, but why is sexual display part of the job? I might as well ask that question to a barmaid who says she doesn’t get any tips if she doesn’t show cleavage.”

Greer also criticises female athletes, saying: “Why do women athletes have to be naked? I watched bloody figure skating and the woman is virtually naked. She has got a few wisps of cloth and the man is in evening dress. You think nakedness is usually a sign of submission, it’s a sign of inequality.”
    I know people will jump at her as usual, just because this lady is unfiltered and unlikeable, but she has a point here (and elsewhere). It's expected for females to always be on display, especially popstars, and imo it's intriguing that Beyoncé has never explicitely tackled this issue in her "feminism".

And it's sad how journalism these days is so damn sensationalist and just skips over the messages. She in reality is criticizing the system which expects women to show off their bodies all the time, as opposed to men. In sport outfits this is clearer than anywhere else.

Just think about the big females in Pop music - tell me one which doesn't show skin in most shows/videos/etc ? Now move on to the males, and you'll instantly find the biggest one, Ed Sheeran. And the rappers. And most ones anyway.

So it's way more of an expectation for the public towards women rather than "sexual freedom", which is how it's portrayed.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    What's wrong with physically touching people? Why must this be teasing anyone and not simple affection between your peers? People have increasingly grown to not touch others and individualise themselves, so that any contact must be sexual.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X