X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiritboy
    replied
    I agree that there should be a "drag" thread where people can drag/shade other artists, etc. So people who don't want to read those can avoid the thread. It can be called the Ultimate Shade thread.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Biscuit's post was really disrespectful though. You're doing an amazing job, Wayne.
    As if you calling Taylor Swift listeners ex-nazis was very respectful

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    You are literally the only one who brings up Mariah about EVERYTHINGGGGGGG damn did she forget to tip you or some shit?

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    The people complaining about others in here are all biased and are all, not by coincidence members of one fan base. Those people didn't bat an eyelid when their fellow fans dragged and belittled Lil Nas X for months not did they complain when lambs ran into this thread last week bragging about Mariah being the billboard no 1 female just to say a F You to the Madonna fans or who had no issue with one of their own calling Anna Wintour a brainless bimbo. You cannot selectively complain about something. You have to be consistent in your outrage and this is not the case here.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Iíve said it before and Iíll say it again. Yíall pick and choose who to punish. I can post the most basic shit in all caps or add a curse word and one of yíall bitches is in my inbox with an infraction but yíall let these idiots troll all day long and no one bats an eye. Thatís not fair idc.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Maybe we should have a 'Stand Your Ground' thread (like on ATRL), where people can drag each other's faves, defend their own and bring up 'GOAT' all day long if it makes them happy.

People need a place to vent sometimes, but I agree that it shouldn't be in the Random Thought Thread. If we have a separate place for that kind of stuff, the Random Thought Thread can go back to how it was before.

Biscuit's post was really disrespectful though. You're doing an amazing job, Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    We should just move to my Pop Talk thread like I said a week ago

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    My personal view on that topic is that the Random Thought Thread can work if people take the thread seriously and don't discuss things that are mostly intended to harm others. I believe that it can work for serious as well as less serious issues that may not fit into another corner of the forum. I appreciate that moderators have become more generous and don't intervene immediately. Additionally, permanent bans should be limited to the absolute minimum that is straight-up trolling and spam, which is the current basis of moderation. What I can live without are defamation and the ongoing discussions about which female singer is more successful or talented. I know that I'm in the minority by saying that I like all kinds of music and don't limit myself to certain musicians, but I believe that there are more important topics than listing someone's No. 1 singles or Grammy awards every other week. If the overall mood of the thread would shift into a slightly different direction, I could imagine posting in here more often.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Allegations of poor moderation predominantly extend to this area of the forum, specifically this topic, and I don't think it's necessarily without merit - the issue is that in trying to relax the rules and allow for a more open discussion forum, we appear to be missing the mark when it comes to keeping members satisfied (at least the more vocal ones, who predominantly interact in The Lounge).

When I took over as owner of UKMIX, one of my first priorities was to relax the rules - I'm not precious over half naked men or the occasional swear word and I am strongly against permanent bans for e.g. I would also add that in the most recent Feedback Survey we had, the vast majority of feedback about moderation was very positive. Therefore, on the surface, we appear to be doing okay but if that's gone too far and we need to dial it back, then let's talk about that.

Site activity has been declining year on year, for the last 10 years - but this isn't anything new and contrary to what some might think, maintaining site activity at the expense of losing less active but more prominent community mainstays is not what I want from UKMIX. If there are moderation issues, we need to deal with them.

Now in terms of this topic. I think that the Random Thought Thread is not currently being used in its intended way and as I look back at some of the last few pages, I can definitely see why people are getting frustrated. Therefore, I'm open to some honest feedback from all - we couldn't decide as a moderation team, so what do you all think:

Questions

Should the Random Thought Thread be permanently closed?

If not, should there be clearer rules about what is posted in here?

If the Random Thought Thread was to go, what should it be replaced by?

How do we get The Lounge as a whole more active? Does the fact that it's publicly available make a difference?

Should we do something different with the Premium Members Lounge? E.g. should that be a forum open to established members only but provide a truly safe place for people to interact honestly and openly.

For the next day or so, please quit with any Random Thoughts and let's deal with the issue above - as I said, here to listen.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyOfMe View Post
    Guys, we all make mistakes in the way we treat others, no one is without fault. Personally, I have made a lot of mistakes in this regard when it comes to this community. However, finger-pointing defeats the purpose of the message, and just ushers in more negativity, IMO.
    I totally agree but the victim playing of a certain group in here is too much and not at all representative of the reality.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Guys, we all make mistakes in the way we treat others, no one is without fault. Personally, I have made a lot of mistakes in this regard when it comes to this community. However, finger-pointing defeats the purpose of the message, and just ushers in more negativity, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    me as well. I am grateful for all the fortune in my life, my family and friends and to be able to do what I love doing.

And I am grateful for everyone of UKMIX. Stay safe everyone.

x
    I love you, my favourite lamb.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Eamon View Post
    Exactly. It is terribly sad to see how things have changed on UKmix and how this thread has been allowed to develop into a sess pit for trolls to say whatever they want. It would never have been tolerated before and I can’t understand why it’s being allowed to fester now. UKmix might be quieter now but surely not all activity should be tolerated simply because it’s activity. There were standards and rules here which made this forum different from other places. But anything seems to go now. It’s a shame.
    I have seen you be embroiled in arguments with many people in the Mariah topic, attacking anyone who dares to say anything less than 100 percent positive about her. Look at yourself before you talk about others.

Leave a comment:

• AlphaMale
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
    This is true. Two of the members in here would have been perma banned in two seconds in the old UKMix, these days it seems like nothing you do can get you even a warning. But UKMix is a ghost town these days
    True! I think that the mods think that if they ban those trolling and baiting the forum will be empty. But I think it's the exact opposite.
    I don't post here as often as I used to, because the level of conversation has dropped considerably in the last few months.

Leave a comment:

• WEBofDESIRE
    replied
    IMHO, it doesn't matter if this thread is a free-for-all, it balances out the tighter moderation of the artist and music threads. If the comments bother you, just avoid this one area.

Leave a comment:

• AlphaMale
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    I'm grateful that i'm healthy and be able to wake up to another day.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• AlphaMale
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
    What are you guys thankful 4? I'm Thankful that Janet is forgotten by everyone, so I don't have to ever hear her dated music.
    So sad you have such bad taste in music...

Leave a comment:

• Eamon
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits View Post
    I can¬’t believe this forum has been left to rot like this. Although I don¬’t blame the moderators as reading through this thread is nauseating enough, never mind participating.

Never have I witnessed such blatant flame-baiting and trolling. This thread is now nothing but trash talk and ridiculing other members or ridiculing female singers. It¬’s truly in the gutter.

We¬’ve just lost one of our members (albeit not to cyber bullying) but that should be a serious reminder for everybody to think carefully about what they are posting because they have no idea how it may affect others.
    Exactly. It is terribly sad to see how things have changed on UKmix and how this thread has been allowed to develop into a sess pit for trolls to say whatever they want. It would never have been tolerated before and I can’t understand why it’s being allowed to fester now. UKmix might be quieter now but surely not all activity should be tolerated simply because it’s activity. There were standards and rules here which made this forum different from other places. But anything seems to go now. It’s a shame.
    Last edited by Eamon; Fri November 29, 2019, 12:56.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post
    Here's an idea - try posting something constructive or start a nice topic instead of acting appalled?
    Exactly. Especially when certain people who are acting appalled are far from innocent themselves as their posts in the thread will show.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Here's an idea - try posting something constructive or start a nice topic instead of acting appalled?

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    I canít believe this forum has been left to rot like this. Although I donít blame the moderators as reading through this thread is nauseating enough, never mind participating.

Never have I witnessed such blatant flame-baiting and trolling. This thread is now nothing but trash talk and ridiculing other members or ridiculing female singers. Itís truly in the gutter.

Weíve just lost one of our members (albeit not to cyber bullying) but that should be a serious reminder for everybody to think carefully about what they are posting because they have no idea how it may affect others.
    It makes me not want to post here as much as before. Everything is ignored if it's not a shade post about a female artist. It's boring and annoying.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    I finished The Irishman on Netflix and I hope this does NOT win Best Picture at the Oscars. Let's go "Marriage Story."

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
    It's really not that deep. All fun & games. Nobody is being serious in here
    The irony of certain people trying to act all holier than thou when they have been calling people brainless, stupid and other choice adlibs over a little bit of banter which between the people actually involved is just that, and yet turn a blind eye and actively encourage the trolling done by people they like. The hypocricy is too much.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    It's really not that deep. All fun & games. Nobody is being serious in here

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    I canít believe this forum has been left to rot like this. Although I donít blame the moderators as reading through this thread is nauseating enough, never mind participating.

Never have I witnessed such blatant flame-baiting and trolling. This thread is now nothing but trash talk and ridiculing other members or ridiculing female singers. Itís truly in the gutter.

Weíve just lost one of our members (albeit not to cyber bullying) but that should be a serious reminder for everybody to think carefully about what they are posting because they have no idea how it may affect others.
    This is true. Two of the members in here would have been perma banned in two seconds in the old UKMix, these days it seems like nothing you do can get you even a warning. But UKMix is a ghost town these days

Leave a comment:

Working...
X