• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by menime123
    Originally posted by Wayne
    I have only Apple Pods and I’m perfectly satisfied with them (except the wire is crap and they’ve broken far too frequently).

AirPods. You’ll never look back.
    I know it probably won’t happen but I’ve always had an awful idea that somehow with wireless headphones, the headphones stop working and the music plays loud on the phone and everyone hears.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    I am in love with my new BOSE headphones which I bought today for €280!! They are epic. The sound quality is sublime. They are vireless and comfortable as f'ck.

I am so happy right now.

I'm not a fan of SONY, Sennheiser nor Beats (anymore)

my personal ranking of headphone brands:

1. BOSE <3
    2. PHILIPS <3
    3. JBL
    4. SONY
    5. DENON
    6. Sennheiser
    7. BEATS
    8. Panasonic
    9. Motorola
    10. Monster
    STAN for Bose! They are the best.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

I literally wanted to jump off a bridge the first time I heard “White & Nerdy”

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied

Weird Al's always gone after whatever was hot at the time, so it made sense he did hip hop just like how he made fun of MJ and Madonna in the 80s and Nirvana in the 90s. Staying with whatever is current is what has caused him to outlast the careers of many of the acts he mocked. The guy was around when I was little and here he is in 2018 still doing his thing as strong as ever.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

I was actually just wondering what the bigger slap in the face to hip hop culture was: Weird Al’s rap parodies (White & Nerdy in particular) or Epic Rap Battles of History?

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied

[youtube:22qtxlr7]QW8whgmyTNU[/youtube:22qtxlr7]

God, I feel so ashamed to be white. This is Vanilla Ice level cringe.

The reaction videos to this are better than the actual video itself. It reminds me of one of those bad spoof "rap" videos on SNL where the female cast takes turns rapping and it's usually very silly and cheesy.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay
    I just use what came with my phone.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

The Random Thot Thread.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne
    I have only Apple Pods and I’m oerectly satisfied with them (except the wire is crap and they’ve broken far too frequently).

AirPods. You’ll never look back.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

I just use what came with my phone.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

I have only Apple Pods and I’m oerectly satisfied with them (except the wire is crap and they’ve broken far too frequently).

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied

I use Apple earbuds when I’m at work, Sony headphones when I work out and my noise cancelling Sony’s for leasure

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    I use cheap Sony in-ear ones

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied

Sennheiser >>>>>>>

They're better for editing than enjoying the music tho

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    I am in love with my new BOSE headphones which I bought today for €280!! They are epic. The sound quality is sublime. They are vireless and comfortable as f'ck.

I am so happy right now.

I'm not a fan of SONY, Sennheiser nor Beats (anymore)

my personal ranking of headphone brands:

1. BOSE <3
    2. PHILIPS <3
    3. JBL
    4. SONY
    5. DENON
    6. Sennheiser
    7. BEATS
    8. Panasonic
    9. Motorola
    10. Monster

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealest
    Who's gonna love you when it all falls down, and
    Who's gonna love you when your bankroll runs out?
    Who's gonna care when the novelty's over?
    When the star of the show isn't you anymore

Your pain is so deep rooted
    What will your life become?
    Sure you hide it but you're lost and lonesome
    Still just a frail shook one

^Bitches will never...

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Gloria and Shakira had great success all over the world. Can't think of anyone else that can match what they achieved.
    Nope there's literally no other latin female on that level. But some others have crossovered some markets here and there.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied

Gloria and Shakira had great success all over the world. Can't think of anyone else that can match what they achieved.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    Paulina and Thalia both attempted to crack the English market in the early 2000s but neither really took off the way it did for Shakira, Enrique Iglesias and Ricky Martin who all did very well.
    The thing is that Paulina's and Thalia's english attempts were literally HORRIBLE and embarrassing! they literally and easily released their worst music outputs with those extremely horrible english materials. Which lacks of any logic and rationality to me, like if you want to crack the anglo markets make sure to release your worst music, what kinda logic? :-?

Paulina and Thalia definately work better with their spanish music and they had pretty big eras with lots of pop classics here in Latin America.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied

Paulina and Thalia both attempted to crack the English market in the early 2000s but neither really took off the way it did for Shakira, Enrique Iglesias and Ricky Martin who all did very well.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    Selena was fairly successful in the US, but her popularity amongst English audiences was practically nothing to the way she was worshipped in heavily Hispanic populated areas, but she did have a #1 album here and a few of her English tracks did cross over to the AC market.

But for the most part, America seems chilly to receive artists singing in a foreign language. All of Shakira and Gloria's biggest hits here were their English songs (although for its time, Gloria's Mi Tierra album was very successful for a non-English record because she promoted it on English television and it got many of her English speaking fans curious to hear her singing in her native language), and even when Celine was at the height of her career, only the hardest of hardcore American stans would check out her French recordings.
    Yeah Selena is indeed worshipped here and she pretty much raised to Legend status in Latin America after her tragic death (similar to how happened to Amy Winehouse after she died) . . . Selena didn't even know how to speak in spanish tho, even though her songs were in spanish, quite weird.

There are other big latin divas here that are considered massive icons in Latin America.

Here in Latin America an Italian singer called Laura Pausini is the equivalent to what Celine Dion is in the US, here she is the big foreign AC vocalist with a long respected and highly successful trajectory of dual career in Spanish and Italian music pretty much like Celine has done with her English and French careers.

Also there's Paulina Rubio who's like the Latin Britney and Thalia who's like a Mexican J.Lo / Mariah. Both are big Pop Icons here.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Divas are often discussed here . . . but have you ever tried or heard about some Latin divas? I was always curious if the anglo and international markets have been exposed to some of them at least once . . . . . . and I don't mean Shakira, Gloria Estefan or the American but latin culture appropiation oriented J.Lo . . .
    Selena was fairly successful in the US, but her popularity amongst English audiences was practically nothing to the way she was worshipped in heavily Hispanic populated areas, but she did have a #1 album here and a few of her English tracks did cross over to the AC market.

But for the most part, America seems chilly to receive artists singing in a foreign language. All of Shakira and Gloria's biggest hits here were their English songs (although for its time, Gloria's Mi Tierra album was very successful for a non-English record because she promoted it on English television and it got many of her English speaking fans curious to hear her singing in her native language), and even when Celine was at the height of her career, only the hardest of hardcore American stans would check out her French recordings.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab
    I know Camila
    Then you know nothing

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    I know Camila

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Divas are often discussed here . . . but have you ever tried or heard about some Latin divas? I was always curious if the anglo and international markets have been exposed to some of them at least once . . . . . . and I don't mean Shakira, Gloria Estefan or the American but latin culture appropiation oriented J.Lo . . .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X