X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hellohello
    replied
    Originally posted by Guru
    I’ll never forgive biscuits for accidentally deleting my Adele GAD thread last year. That was my legacy to leave behind. Now all I have is the Brandy GAD thread to show as a legacy (and R Kelly....but let’s move on). Why me. Whyyyyyyy.
    When you said Brandy, all I could think of was "Brandy performing for chairs"....

Where is that thread ?

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by hellohello
    NothingFails never said anything wrong and I don't think that he was being ignorant at all. He never said that all Christians and Muslims are extremist. I don't understand the disagreement. Both of you pretty much have the same viewpoint in that both "extremism" and "religion" is bad so let's keep it friendly guys.
    Exactly. I don't subscribe to any religious beliefs, I'm not exactly Athiest but I'm not a converted either. I am of the belief that there is good and bad in every religion.

But my comment about "religious people are the original stans" was supposed to be sarcastic and a joke with nothing serious. Because while we make fun of how fans of (insert artist) can be over perceived shade or a rival artist threatening to snatch one of their chart positions away... it's nothing compared to the centuries of chaos caused by people's blind loyalty to their religious idols. It was a joke that people think the Navy or Hive are bad but they haven't committed genocide in the name of Rihanna but yet I think DNB thought I was being serious.

But really, Atheists can be pretty bad too in their own ways. You don't see wars in the name of Atheism, but you have seen people literally telling young kids that Santa isn't real just because they hate Christmas and want to be spiteful, or a perceived superiority in knowledge simply because they're convinced God isn't real vs. someone who fully believes God exists. The best way to encounter religion or a lack of religion is to simply live and let live.

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

I’ll never forgive biscuits for accidentally deleting my Adele GAD thread last year. That was my legacy to leave behind. Now all I have is the Brandy GAD thread to show as a legacy (and R Kelly....but let’s move on). Why me. Whyyyyyyy.

Leave a comment:

• hellohello
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    In a sense, religious followers were the original stans. You think the Monsters and Hive and Navy are bad? Meet the extremist Christians and Muslims lol.
    How can you compare music fans to terrorists is beyond me.
    Jesus Christ! Oops I know that offend you LOL. Can you seriously not detect sarcasm and humor? And it's offensive to say that all Christians and Muslims are terrorists
    I don't feel offended, I only feel appalled by your level of ignorance.
    And who said all Christians and Muslims are terrorists? You talked about extremists, and religious extremists are prone to terror and insane acts evidently.

What you're saying is something like:
    "Oh if you think the new Taylor Swift song is bad than you should have heard the screams of *insert terrorist act somewhere*.

Extreme religious groups are not comparable to female popstars, unless that was a very sophisticated dark humour joke which I honestly doubt.
    NothingFails never said anything wrong and I don't think that he was being ignorant at all. He never said that all Christians and Muslims are extremist. I don't understand the disagreement. Both of you pretty much have the same viewpoint in that both "extremism" and "religion" is bad so let's keep it friendly guys.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Jesus Christ! Oops I know that offend you LOL. Can you seriously not detect sarcasm and humor? And it's offensive to say that all Christians and Muslims are terrorists
    NothingFails, sis, like a Kween once said, “continue to shine regardless of the dirt that gets splattered around you.“

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity
    Christians and Muslims get such a bad rep but some atheists are so easily triggered lol
    Yet atheists don't go around killing people in the name of some entity. Atheists don't go around stoning women to death because of some perverted writing somewhere. Atheists don't oppose science and oppose to it being taught in schools. Atheists don't mutilate (aka circumcize) children at birth for no reason. Atheists don't collect hard-worked money from people who go to an old building weekly to be brainwashed.

No I'm not saying every religious person is like this. It obviously isn't. No I'm also not saying atheists are inherently good people or religious people bad. And I'm also not saying religion can't have good things.

What I'm saying is that some of the absolute worst behaviours ever witnessed in humanity are exclusively driven by religion. Even if some religions may be benign, they ultimately don't add anything truly positive to our world in most cases.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    In a sense, religious followers were the original stans. You think the Monsters and Hive and Navy are bad? Meet the extremist Christians and Muslims lol.
    I don't feel offended, I only feel appalled by your level of ignorance.
    And who said all Christians and Muslims are terrorists? You talked about extremists, and religious extremists are prone to terror and insane acts evidently.

What you're saying is something like:
    "Oh if you think the new Taylor Swift song is bad than you should have heard the screams of *insert terrorist act somewhere*.

Extreme religious groups are not comparable to female popstars, unless that was a very sophisticated dark humour joke which I honestly doubt.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Christians and Muslims get such a bad rep but some atheists are so easily triggered lol

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat
    Did someone call for talent?
    Where?

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Around 4pm in LA, temp begins to drop.
    That's interesting. Here it feels like it's the hottest around 4-5 pm. At least to me.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    I think one of my main reasons for moving to California was the weather, Not too hot or too cold. The summer can sometimes have VERY hot days, but things normally cool down later in the day. Around 4pm in LA, temp begins to drop.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Did someone call for talent?

[youtube:jw1ktra9]-rey3m8SWQI[/youtube:jw1ktra9]

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne
    Which tells me that I'd hate countries like Spain & Portugal.
    Definitely not if you went to some of the windy areas by the southwestern coast in Portugal, where the breeze of the sea keeps it cool despite occasionally high temperatures. England is pretty much windless and incredibly humid which makes the heat unbearable.

When I was living in Norfolk 25°C+ was unbearable sometimes. Much worse than Portuguese 30°C
    Totally, the UK is awful when it's sunny - as a country, we are not setup to accommodate super bad heat anyway so fortunately we don't get it outside of a few weeks per year.

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    The mans career may have been short lived...but he’s a legend!!!
    Wish he would make a comeback

[youtube:2wdxha1d]p1ALu6M-d0k[/youtube:2wdxha1d]

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Definitely not if you went to some of the windy areas by the southwestern coast in Portugal, where the breeze of the sea keeps it cool despite occasionally high temperatures. England is pretty much windless and incredibly humid which makes the heat unbearable.

When I was living in Norfolk 25°C+ was unbearable sometimes. Much worse than Portuguese 30°C

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Winter >>> Summer

95% of the time.
    Not that you qould know what a real summer is since you never left UK in your life iirc.

Our climate is awful though, even following the weather forecast, you can never be sure.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481
    Winter >>> Summer

95% of the time.
    Make it 100%.
    It’s 27 degrees out there and I’m already over it.
    Me too, summer is hell

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    I'm not religious, but if people can stan over any pop star with a vadge, let people stan over their religious diety of choice as well... as long as they don't go into wars and use it as a weapon of hatred.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

Look. I have my problem with extremists of any faith and know it's the reason of so many wars. But people like BeltingBeliever and hellohello have done nothing wrong and have never said anything hurtful or offensive. If they believe God exists and believe in Jesus and everything religious like that, as long as they're not using their choice in beliefs as a weapon of hate against others, then I don't see any point in getting on them.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    I mean the fact that religious people think that savage and undereducated people who lived in mud huts thousands of years ago already had figured out how the universe works and "who" created it is a joke in itself.

Leave a comment:

• hellohello
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Winter >>> Summer

95% of the time.
    Not that you qould know what a real summer is since you never left UK in your life iirc.
    Omg...shade...

Leave a comment:

• hellohello
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat
    Originally posted by hellohello

I don't think you would want to know about the truth anyway lol...y'all minds already made up...
    Girl, the first sentence already is a lie:
    God is your only relative
    I am related to my perents, siblings, etc and NOT to some imaginery being created by people who had no clue.
    Ok gurl....

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Winter >>> Summer

95% of the time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X