X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NothingFails
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

I would've been a little more open to the WWE Smackdown thing had be shown interest in going before I had money (he's someone who loves wrestling but is jaded by it lately) but suddenly he's all "I wanna go!!!" since I got money. If we go, he's buying the tickets, I'm not paying, just like the times I went to concerts I wanted to see he had no interest in and I paid for his ticket as well without expecting reimburstment.

He annoys me that he makes 37k a year and literally lives paycheck to paycheck and has NOTHING to show for it because he doesn't know how to curb his spending and hobbies. One of the reasons I decided to get Spotify on my phone is to curb my needing of spending money on so much vinyl (I'll still get certain ones by faves, like I want the Janelle Monae, Arctic Monkeys and Father John Misty albums) since I know it'll save me hundreds per month and I'm trying to be a responsible grown up. He doesn't get it because he still has mommy and daddy three hours away who can write him a check when he needs money at any time, whereas both of my parents are dead and I have to rely on myself.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    Yesterday I received my inheritance money from my parents and I feel like my partner is trying to use me as a "sugar daddy" or something because he spends his entire paycheck as soon as he gets it. This is MY money (he always told me in the past that his money was his and not mine), the money my parents worked hard for and saved for many decades and I'm not going to waste it supporting his hobbies when I'd rather treat myself (I plan to get lasik surgery on my eyes, maybe get a new car, do some upgrades to the house) as well as save the majority of it and live the way I lived before I stumbled into a lot of extra money. I don't feel bad about buying dinner more often now but he was guilt-tripping me into buying him stuff yesterday when shopping but I was firm in saying no, because I really don't want to come back in December and see I only have $300 left because I blew money on his shit. He's the one who doesn't know how to save money and I will be goddamned to make the same mistakes, I know had this happened when I was 28 instead of 38, I would blow through all this money in a few months trying to live well outside of my accustomed lifestyle and means, but I intend on making this money last for quite a few years, and part of doing so is not just suckering up to every "ooh I want this but only have $40 on the bank, can you get this for me John?" and him trying to get me to spend $100 on some WWE tickets I have no interest in going to that he had no interest in going to until I came into the money yesterday.
    Good for you in staying firm. Must be hard as he is guilt tripping you. Hope you stand your ground.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Yesterday I received my inheritance money from my parents and I feel like my partner is trying to use me as a "sugar daddy" or something because he spends his entire paycheck as soon as he gets it. This is MY money (he always told me in the past that his money was his and not mine), the money my parents worked hard for and saved for many decades and I'm not going to waste it supporting his hobbies when I'd rather treat myself (I plan to get lasik surgery on my eyes, maybe get a new car, do some upgrades to the house) as well as save the majority of it and live the way I lived before I stumbled into a lot of extra money. I don't feel bad about buying dinner more often now but he was guilt-tripping me into buying him stuff yesterday when shopping but I was firm in saying no, because I really don't want to come back in December and see I only have $300 left because I blew money on his shit. He's the one who doesn't know how to save money and I will be goddamned to make the same mistakes, I know had this happened when I was 28 instead of 38, I would blow through all this money in a few months trying to live well outside of my accustomed lifestyle and means, but I intend on making this money last for quite a few years, and part of doing so is not just suckering up to every "ooh I want this but only have $40 on the bank, can you get this for me John?" and him trying to get me to spend $100 on some WWE tickets I have no interest in going to that he had no interest in going to until I came into the money yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Suga Mama is GOAT

Leave a comment:

• Bellus
    replied

^ Loved that show so much!

The grandma sass was always soooo much haha

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME
    Originally posted by Goldmoney
    These are the only ratchet Disney characters I care about...
    I love this show
    Even Kween had to get in on the fun!
    [youtube:2uryyu3w]d6bllTC729Q[/youtube:2uryyu3w]

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Originally posted by aRat
    Originally posted by BlueScorpion
    Where the hell is Usher ?
    Somewhere putting anti-Herpes Cream on his lips.
    At least he's probably getting laid
    Ouch. This burns more than herpes.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    YESS

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay
    Glad to see you're posting again, DOSSOME!
    Thanks Ray..Crazy enough At some point last month I was even considering requesting a permaban then now seeing this place become one of the very few nice things going on with my life ATM..I'm genuinely glad to be here

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

Glad to see you're posting again, DOSSOME!

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney
    I love this show

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Sis... :-?

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrDiva
    Originally posted by TIfan
    So random:

If you ever want to get your life, and scream from laughter, go to Youtube and type "Queen of the Rachet Disney."
    Lord have mercy. I'm at home screaming right now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNXK7VorVz8
    This is amazing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU8pj05NnTk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWFhL8wDpQU

Leave a comment:

• MrDiva
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    So random:

If you ever want to get your life, and scream from laughter, go to Youtube and type "Queen of the Rachet Disney."
    This is amazing

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    So random:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWx57cni4sU

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BlueScorpion
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied

Barbara Billingsley, best known as the mom from Leave It To Beaver and therefore seen as some wholesome vanilla motherly type, speaking ebonics was brilliant too... even if today people would complain about cultural appropriation lol... but it sure was funny

[youtube:3dj9k1n3]g0j2dVuhr6s[/youtube:3dj9k1n3]

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Airplane... I love you so much

[youtube:26xptn7k]cEVTQHiAQRA[/youtube:26xptn7k]

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    I hate when they are screaming :-?

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied

I dislike unruly kids, but the reality is that the real problem lies in shitty parents who don't know how to raise their children.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    I hate kids

Leave a comment:

Working...
X