X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Is anyone else in Europe dealing with this polar winter wave shit or whatever?

Next few days the nights in Vienna will be -10įC or so (12-14įF) and I feel like stabbing a hoe. Am I supposed to function during these days or what? Confused tbh. Summer come back, I promise to slap a few summer hating 'people' if needed. ?
    darling, I am dreading this as well. Next week we are also going to have -20įC here in Germany. I mean whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

I cannot weart 3 pullovers + 6 jackets all at the same time. But I might have to.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
    Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
    Yíall Iím officially a hoe :( I got with someone who has a bf and I feel super guilty
    Maybe they have an open relationship or are polyamorous

I hope the D was good
    Umm, not all sistrens are on that side of the deal.

I'm a bit split on that issue myself, but they probably cheat with more than just you, so I'd be fine.
    I was just trying to encourage thankfulformichelle, I don't think the good sis should feel guilty

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Is anyone else in Europe dealing with this polar winter wave shit or whatever?

Next few days the nights in Vienna will be -10įC or so (12-14įF) and I feel like stabbing a hoe. Am I supposed to function during these days or what? Confused tbh. Summer come back, I promise to slap a few summer hating 'people' if needed. ?

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
    Yíall Iím officially a hoe :( I got with someone who has a bf and I feel super guilty

I hope the D was good
    Umm, not all sistrens are on that side of the deal.

I'm a bit split on that issue myself, but they probably cheat with more than just you, so I'd be fine.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied

I hope the D was good

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay
    Originally posted by NothingFails

Like A Prayer yes but Like A Virgin no imo. I don't know many people who love LAV
    Like A Virgin made me and many others a fan for life.
    The album is a classic. All songs are great.
    I like the singles off the album too, but it seems like common opinion on M forums I've seen is that LAV was Madonna's worst album until Hard Candy came along. The era is classic and it has some killer singles but she definitely made far better albums artistically.

The discussion earlier was that LAV was similar to how Britney's first album was her biggest but not commonly regarded as her best, as I don't know anyone who prefers LAV to Ray Of Light or Like A Prayer. LAV was her bubblegum teen pop album, the reason people took years to take Madonna seriously, and hell some STILL can't get past Material Girl all these years later. Hell, the Grammy people (at a time when they didn't just hand nominations to every artist high on the chart. If 1985 was 2018, I'm sure Like A Virgin would've taken home six Grammys) took to Ray Of Light to get over their bias against her LAV-image and acknowledge she had value in her music since the detractors saw her as a no-talent bubblegum pop princess at the time. True Blue was a gigantic leap forward musically, and then Like A Prayer leaped even more dramatically forward.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

Like A Prayer yes but Like A Virgin no imo. I don't know many people who love LAV
    Like A Virgin made me and many others a fan for life.
    The album is a classic. All songs are great.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

Confessions and Ray Of Light are Madonna's best albums.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Off topic... I'm kinda weirded out that this 20 year old on Scruff basically confessed to me he has feelings for me, he's into older guys and I am "different" than the guys in his age group and how he finds me adorable and sweet and that he would consider transferring colleges (he lives 2 hours away) to be closer to me and is up for wanting a poly relationship with my man and myself.....

I merely sent this guy a "woof" on Friday because he showed up on my feed and I found him adorable. We've probably talked a grand total of five times in passing, but because I'm nice to him and told him he's cute, he's developing these feelings for me? OMG...

Plus, I'm not really ready to embrace "daddy" status yet lol.
    I doubt he has feelings, he's just likely doing the most and trying whatever to get you in his bed.
    lol, if this is the case it shows how young and naive he really is. The whole "I think I'm falling for you" to a guy you've known less than a week is cause to run the other direction and not the way into a guys pants. He lives 2 hours away but I usually visit that area every other month and I originally was up for having a little fun with him but what he posted, especially to someone he's only talked to several times, is the thing that makes you run the other way.

Although admittedly I'm at fault for not kicking him to the curb and blocking him immediately, but I remember being that age myself and being hopeless and desperate and wanting to fall in love when I still at the point didn't even know quite what that meant. I remember the mistaken thud when I told a friend/crush "I think I'm falling in love with you", too naive to really realize how that's not something you say to win a crush over. So the fact I was like him when I was 19-20-21 myself gives me at least some compassion, but at the same time makes him less desirable than before.
    If only the poor guy knew better.

I think he's just unexperienced, maybe you should talk to him and tell him that the whole falling in love thing turns you off, he will understand.

He probably is intimidated because you're older and thinks saying such things is the way to get you. But I'm sure the guy just wants to have a bit of fun.

The guy just needs guidance. Just guide him.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by AlphaMale
    Really there is nothing to sneeze at about peaking with your debut though. Guns N Roses and Pearl Jam are both Hall of Famers who still sell out and make big bucks touring and neither group has ever come near the success their debut album had. "Peaked with the debut" doesn't always equate to Paula Abdul, Debbie Gibson and Cyndi Lauper types, some can continue to have long and successful careers despite never again matching those stats of the debut, Britney's like that. Hell, you can argue Beyonce's never topped the success of Dangerously In Love in sales and with #1 smash singles, even though nobody would sneeze at that either and most would agree she's had a phenomenal career people would kill to have, but the biggest sales and biggest hits came at the beginning of her solo career.
    I get what you mean and I agree.

I've just always thought that you can have commercial and creative peaks, not everything has to happen at once. Beyonce is on a different creative and acclaim peak despite the fact her first album was her commercial peak.

For Madonna is the same, she commercially peaked with albums such as "Like a Virgin" or "True Blue" but she found a new peak for another aspect of her career such as artistry with "Ray of light".
    Oh i agree 100% on that. A lot of artists' biggest albums aren't necessarily their best. I don't know many Madonna fans who'd put Virgin or True Blue above Like A Prayer, Erotica or Ray Of Light. People who are general 1980s pop music fans yes, but not people who really follow Madonna.

Springsteen and Bowie are two offhand I can think of whose biggest albums aren't generally viewed by anyone in their fanbase as their best work. I've never met a single David Bowie fan who would rate "Let's Dance" ahead of Low, Station To Station or Hunky Dory, and while I know Bruce fans who like Born In The USA, I don't know anyone who'd put it ahead of Born To Run or Nebraska.
    I really follow Madonna and True Blue and Like a Prayer are amongst her best work.

Leave a comment:

• AlphaMale
    replied
    Really there is nothing to sneeze at about peaking with your debut though. Guns N Roses and Pearl Jam are both Hall of Famers who still sell out and make big bucks touring and neither group has ever come near the success their debut album had. "Peaked with the debut" doesn't always equate to Paula Abdul, Debbie Gibson and Cyndi Lauper types, some can continue to have long and successful careers despite never again matching those stats of the debut, Britney's like that. Hell, you can argue Beyonce's never topped the success of Dangerously In Love in sales and with #1 smash singles, even though nobody would sneeze at that either and most would agree she's had a phenomenal career people would kill to have, but the biggest sales and biggest hits came at the beginning of her solo career.
    I get what you mean and I agree.

I've just always thought that you can have commercial and creative peaks, not everything has to happen at once. Beyonce is on a different creative and acclaim peak despite the fact her first album was her commercial peak.

For Madonna is the same, she commercially peaked with albums such as "Like a Virgin" or "True Blue" but she found a new peak for another aspect of her career such as artistry with "Ray of light".
    Oh i agree 100% on that. A lot of artists' biggest albums aren't necessarily their best. I don't know many Madonna fans who'd put Virgin or True Blue above Like A Prayer, Erotica or Ray Of Light. People who are general 1980s pop music fans yes, but not people who really follow Madonna.

Springsteen and Bowie are two offhand I can think of whose biggest albums aren't generally viewed by anyone in their fanbase as their best work. I've never met a single David Bowie fan who would rate "Let's Dance" ahead of Low, Station To Station or Hunky Dory, and while I know Bruce fans who like Born In The USA, I don't know anyone who'd put it ahead of Born To Run or Nebraska.
    I really follow Madonna and True Blue and Like a Prayer are amongst her best work.

Leave a comment:

• AlphaMale
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    I donít want to name anybody but I definitely feel disliked by a few. Sometimes it would be fun to discuss Maddy but I do not feel welcome in her thread. That stupid poll drama is an example.

You think too much of yourself.
    You're always welcome to come to the Madonna thread and give your opinion.
    It's a place for healthy conversations about everything Madonna related.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    The irony is that the main M vs. J fans are the ones who came out a little after their absolute heydays. Most people I know who remember those two in the 80s have a place for both, even if they may prefer one or the other. It seems to be people who came up into those two circa Velvet Rope/Ray Of Light who really love the stan war between them.
    Yeah itís the new generation thing as youíve mentioned before.

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealest
    Mariah Carey.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    The irony is that the main M vs. J fans are the ones who came out a little after their absolute heydays. Most people I know who remember those two in the 80s have a place for both, even if they may prefer one or the other. It seems to be people who came up into those two circa Velvet Rope/Ray Of Light who really love the stan war between them.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Mariah Carey.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Well I like both

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

The Janet vs. Maddy animosity between their fan bases really needs to stop.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by BodyShop
    Well I kinda like Maddy, but her stans on here can't accept that and label me a hater. They should be happy that there is another fan of hers on the forum, but they can't see beyond my avatar sadly.
    I would sincerely like to know who those 'stans' you're talking about are.
    Because i haven't seen absolutely no one labeling you a Madonna hater.
    Actually from many boards I've been over the internet through the years,UKMIX certainly has the most mature group of fans I've eve came across.
    One more thing,regarding bling stans,that's something I don't see on her thread either.
    The majority of posters are often sharing their criticism towards many aspects of her career and that was even more evident recently when she announced different producers for her upcoming album.
    I really don't see where you're coming from.to make those remarks.
    I donít want to name anybody but I definitely feel disliked by a few. Sometimes it would be fun to discuss Maddy but I do not feel welcome in her thread. That stupid poll drama is an example.

But itís ok because these days I tend to stay away from music chat.
    I think all divas have fans like that who are teritorial. I remember when Unbreakable came out, someone on there (not sure if he even still posts) made me feel unwelcome because I'm a Madonna fan even though I likely have listened to Janet before he was born, but basically "who cares if a Madonna fan likes her new album?" with the territorial nonsense BS even though the reality was that I liked Unbreakable better than I did Rebel Heart.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Well I kinda like Maddy, but her stans on here can't accept that and label me a hater. They should be happy that there is another fan of hers on the forum, but they can't see beyond my avatar sadly.
    Actually from many boards I've been over the internet through the years,UKMIX certainly has the most mature group of fans I've eve came across.
    One more thing,regarding bling stans,that's something I don't see on her thread either.
    The majority of posters are often sharing their criticism towards many aspects of her career and that was even more evident recently when she announced different producers for her upcoming album.

But itís ok because these days I tend to stay away from music chat.

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Thank you,NothingFails !
    That explains it but since Biscuits said 'but her stans on here can't accept that and label me a hater' in the present , i was under the impression it's something that happens even now and i found it to be unfair

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied

To be fair, most of the stans Biscuits is referring to were purged from the site before you joined. The stans used to be a lot worse before more examples were made, especially for Madonna and Beyonce stans, but I recall some Mariah and Britney ones (and others too) were canned too.

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Ever since Janet cancelled her European tour in spring 2016, I havenít been a huge stan, just a big fan. Some of you may remember I had ĎI hate u Janet Jacksoní in my signature for a while
    I think one of the primary reasons Janet's tour didn't do better, despite actually shaking the setlist up and actually playing things the real fans want to hear instead of the same "medleys of the same Rhythm Nation/Control songs and a the same ballads and singles we've heard 30 times" is because audiences are so used to her canceling dates that they had literally stopped investing the bother since they'd assumed she's going to cancel like she's done several times before.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    I am sure that the Like A prayer era would have made me a fan too. But I was just born when it was released

Ever since Janet cancelled her European tour in spring 2016, I havenít been a huge stan, just a big fan. Some of you may remember I had ĎI hate u Janet Jacksoní in my signature for a while
    Yes I remember that well the world was strange

Leave a comment:

Working...
X