X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    [MENTION=25609]biscuits[/MENTION]

What you said is so so true. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors and people don't know how even one comment can affect people. All it takes is to think before you type. This can be such a toxic environment and that needs to change!

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    I can’t believe this forum has been left to rot like this. Although I don’t blame the moderators as reading through this thread is nauseating enough, never mind participating.

Never have I witnessed such blatant flame-baiting and trolling. This thread is now nothing but trash talk and ridiculing other members or ridiculing female singers. It’s truly in the gutter.

We’ve just lost one of our members (albeit not to cyber bullying) but that should be a serious reminder for everybody to think carefully about what they are posting because they have no idea how it may affect others.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    I'm grateful that i'm healthy and be able to wake up to another day.
    me as well. I am grateful for all the fortune in my life, my family and friends and to be able to do what I love doing.

And I am grateful for everyone of UKMIX. Stay safe everyone.

x

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I'm grateful that i'm healthy and be able to wake up to another day.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
    What are you guys thankful 4? I'm Thankful that Janet is forgotten by everyone, so I don't have to ever hear her dated music.
    Wow! If that's what you're grateful for...

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    What are you guys thankful 4? I'm Thankful that Janet is forgotten by everyone, so I don't have to ever hear her dated music.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    Originally posted by trebor View Post
    [MENTION=36142]Carbon[/MENTION]
    Will move all the posts into the new thread!
    that's a good idea, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    [MENTION=36142]Carbon[/MENTION]
    Will move all the posts into the new thread!

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    I opened a separate thread for everyone on UKMix to see, I don't think this should be buried in this thread which not everyone reads.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    [MENTION=27834]Rihab[/MENTION] my inbox is a mess, I now have 300+ unread old messages and I don't know how to delete them in bulk. Let me know if you have received my pm.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    tbf if you're ever get out toured and out grossed by the likes of Ed Sheeran and U2 or outsold by the Nickelback of Urban music (Drake), you must be immediately DQ from stardom & legendary status and given some minor celebrity status instead

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
    It must suck to be have debuted when beyonce was in pullups, to get outsold, out tour grossed, out awarded by a younger, prettier legend. I'm so glad I stan for a legend that loves and acknowledges ALL HER CHILDREN
    Good to know you you have such a diverse taste in music.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Miss Cabellos upcoming Love on the Brain rehash is priceless.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    Aww somebody's feelings been hurt.
    Oh no hurt feelings at all my dear. In fact, everything has gone so well for me today. How are you?
    Last edited by TIfan; Thu November 28, 2019, 02:08.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    It must suck to be have debuted when beyonce was in pullups, to get outsold, out tour grossed, out awarded by a younger, prettier legend. I'm so glad I stan for a legend that loves and acknowledges ALL HER CHILDREN

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    I completely agree. That song is utter garbage.
    I am kinda torn on that song, the melody is absent, but the beat is fire.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    You are right. I believe that single performance can make you turn into a celebrity, while album success makes the difference between a celebrity and a star as acts with a long and stable career at least had one defining big album.
    In the past, when physical albums were the main form of music consumption. Doesn't mean it's gonna be the same in the streaming age.

@Rihab: You're mostly talking about young people, while the majority of the population in Western countries are 40 years old and older. And I believe that we need to consider different needs depending on the respective part of society. Capital Bra is successful in the singles department, but will he have a sustainable impact on the contemporary music landscape? I feel like he's the kind of act who'll be considered a 'child of its time' in years to come. Like Wilson Phillips back in the day...
    Actually, I'm only talking about young people, since aRat's original question was why young people only listen to male artists.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    saying albums are irrelevant goes against everything a music fan should believe in. So you do not want your faves to make music? Because the album is THE collection of an artists music in a certain time-frame. the single is rather irrelevant.

I'm just saying it as it is. Whether I'm happy about the situation is another question. (I'm not.)

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    This may have been true in the past, but I feel artists are also releasing songs that are not recorded to be hits. Meghan Trainor has been releasing lots of songs this year. I don't think she thought they would all become hits.
    Some people release all those songs/collabs to collect streams for when they cobble an album together - eg, Dua, Rita and Camila upcoming to name three recent examples of this. Miss Cabello has put Senorita on her album. Shameless indeed.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    you cannot reply to a fact with a feeling. give evidence or shush.
    We aren't in court.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    I think the ticket clerk I encountered was racist. There were 5 yt people ahead of me and he greeted them all. But when it was my turn, he didn’t say anything except for where my seat was.

K.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
    I couldn't disagree more here [MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION]. If an artist is only releasing singles you only get that one side of them (whatever they are doing to try and be commercially relevant). With albums, there are always a handful of tracks that were not recorded to be hits, this is where artists get to explore a variety of styles and sounds.
    This may have been true in the past, but I feel artists are also releasing songs that are not recorded to be hits. Meghan Trainor has been releasing lots of songs this year. I don't think she thought they would all become hits.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

[MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION]: 'Together Again' is a nice song. My favorite song by Janet Jackson is probably 'Someone to Call My Lover', closely followed by 'All For You' .
    Hard to choose a favorite Janet song. She has so many fab hits like Control, When I Think Of You, Let's Wait Awhile, Miss You Much, Love Will Never Do, That's The Way Love Goes... But also great album tracks like Lonely, Livin' In A World (They Didn't Make), You Can Be Mine and even great b-sides like You Need Me.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    This is completely untrue in todays world.
    you cannot reply to a fact with a feeling. give evidence or shush.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    It may have more streams, but it's one of my least favorite Beyonce songs ever. It has no melody whatsoever.
    I completely agree. That song is utter garbage.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X