X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay
    Snapchat: Don't understand the need for this one. As I understand it, your posts disappear. What's the use of that?
    Exactly that. They don’t stick around forever and come back to haunt you years later. It’s also more ‘private’ than the other networks (unless you add hundreds of people and post everything to your story).

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Originally posted by Rihab
    Originally posted by DnBLover
    I also don't understand the need for Twitter. It's just unnecessary overall
    I never understood the need for instagram. It’s the same as Facebook, it’s owned by Facebook and your profile is even linked to your Facebook account. So why not post on Facebook in the first place? Idgi.

I love Twitter, I’ve got three accounts.

I also love Snapchat, but it’s not really as big here as it is elsewhere. Only a handful of my real life friends use it regularly.
    Facebook is just for my friends. No one else needs to see my holiday pictures. Surely not 2000 people I don't even know in real life.
    Instagram is very different to me. I love to share my cat pictures and it's very rewarding to have 2000 people check on the pictures.

Twitter: Why do you need three accounts?

Snapchat: Don't understand the need for this one. As I understand it, your posts disappear. What's the use of that?
    He probably has a:
    personal account
    sh*t posting account
    fake person account
    Close.

- a personal, primarily German-language account
    - a public, primarily English-language account
    - and an abandoned stan Twitter

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    I never understood the need for instagram. It’s the same as Facebook, it’s owned by Facebook and your profile is even linked to your Facebook account. So why not post on Facebook in the first place? Idgi.

I also love Snapchat, but it’s not really as big here as it is elsewhere. Only a handful of my real life friends use it regularly.
    Facebook is just for my friends. No one else needs to see my holiday pictures. Surely not 2000 people I don't even know in real life.
    Instagram is very different to me. I love to share my cat pictures and it's very rewarding to have 2000 people check on the pictures.

He probably has a:
    personal account
    sh*t posting account
    fake person account

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    I need to drop Facebook, tbh. It's the only one I use but it consumes a lot of my attention and energy I should be using on different stuff.
    But it only takes up the attention and energy that you decide to spend on it. Can't you just spend less attention and energy to it?
    It's too addictive, I keep checking on it.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    I prefer Instagram to facebook because it’s literally just photos.

On FB, I have to scrawl through people’s pathetic status updates and dumb apps like ‘what date will you die’ and ‘Santa's Naughty list 2017’
    +1

although its annoying how sponsored posts show up on my insta but not as bad as fb

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

I prefer Instagram to facebook because it’s literally just photos.

On FB, I have to scrawl through people’s pathetic status updates and dumb apps like ‘what date will you die’ and ‘Santa's Naughty list 2017’

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    I need to drop Facebook, tbh. It's the only one I use but it consumes a lot of my attention and energy I should be using on different stuff.
    But it only takes up the attention and energy that you decide to spend on it. Can't you just spend less attention and energy to it?

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Guru

Twitter - Engage only for political talk and news
    That's probably the main reason why I use Twitter: retweeting important political messages.
    Hope it helps. And if not, at least I don't feel like I didn't do anything at all.

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Precisely the reason I closed it. Best. Feeling. Ever.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Guru
    Facebook - closed account in 2014. Best thing I’ve ever done. Got tired about befriending people I met once only in my life or high school mates that I’ve never chatted to after school
    I never befriend people I have met only once. Neither will I befriend school mates that I've never chatted to. I am very picky. I even go through my list from time to time to see if there are "friends" that should be deleted. Maybe that's why I love Facebook so much. The people that I do have in my list are people I really like for one reason or another.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    I find twitter is more live than live TV
    Unlike TV, there is no delay in reporting

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Facebook - closed account in 2014. Best thing I’ve ever done. Got tired about befriending people I met once only in my life or high school mates that I’ve never chatted to after school

Instagram - consider me non-existent

Twitter - Engage only for political talk and news

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied
    As a graphic designer myself I actually use Instagram among others as a platform to showcase my artworks to the public because there are actually clients who hire you through Instagram, and sometimes when people ask you for your portfolio you can just show them your IG account. So it's definitely VERY useful for me.

Plus, I like taking pictures so...

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Carbon
    I mainly use Fb for the messenger as I communicate with everyone there, totally replaced normal texts. Other than that it’s gotten boring
    I also use Messenger a lot. More so than WhatsApp. I prefer it as it has nice "stickers" and it's also on the laptop, not just on the phone.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied

I use Insta and FB, but not Twitter

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied

I mainly use Fb for the messenger as I communicate with everyone there, totally replaced normal texts. Other than that it’s gotten boring

I avoided instagram for a looooong time, but I like it now

I don’t use the rest. Twitter is the dumbest thing ever

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied

I use Instagram but not the other two

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied

I have 0 pics on instagram

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied

I mostly use Instagram to stalk celebs, I have only a few pics there

Facebook is boring and not as popular as it used to be, so I'm mostly not there

Twitter is devil's spawn

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    I love social media. Although I'm not someone who will look on his phone all through the day. At work days, I only check it before I leave for work, at lunch time and when I'm back home in the evening. My most time on social media is late in the evening and in the weekends.

Facebook: Still my favorite. It's like my photobook. I post pictures regularly and at the end of the year I print a "my social book", so I have a photo album of every year. My family-in-laws live in England and I have friends/family in Finland, Sweden, Australia, USA, Spain, Carribean, Canada, Belgium, Hungary... So this is perfect for keeping in touch with everyone. People with a negative vibe won't find a place on my Facebook.

Instagram: I post pictures of my cats regularly and have close to 2000 followers. I love taking pictures of our cats and it's great to share them this way.

Twitter: Don't use it that often, but it's nice to use it while watching something on tv, so you can see what everyone else is thinking or who is a favorite (when you watch talent shows).

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

Get well, stevyy. So many people having the flu around here. And as there are hardly any extra teachers, I had to teach a different class yesterday, while my trainee had to teach my class. Today I have a day off (hospital visit).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X