X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay
    ^ I think talking about it, makes them think more about it than detention.
    Can you not talk about it in a detention?

I get that education is the key to breaking down these barriers but if someone still opts to use that language, they should face a consequence (that comes with the educational side).

Once you’ve reached a certain age, you’ve developed basic decision making skills, you possess the ability to understand the difference between right and wrong.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

^ I think talking about it, makes them think more about it than detention.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Originally posted by Guru
    Originally posted by menime123
    I know what you mean. Kids use the word like any other common bad word. They don’t realize the actual context or meaning behind it. They are young and naive. Only maturity will educate them.
    Detention instantly informs them it’s unacceptable and gives you a platform to address why imo.
    Detention only makes them want to retaliate more. I never took anything positive out of detention because I was young and naive. And when I was, I knew what triggered others and would push their buttons. Detention definitely would not send the message they need to hear. Kids will be kids.
    Detention is a punishment. Thankfully I was smart enough never to get detention, because I chose to avoid breaking rules. Homophobic slurs are illegal and as such, imo if a kid gets detention for using them then they at least become aware it isn’t accpetable.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

What happened to give you this anxiety, stevyy?

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Do you eat out? Do you know who makes your food and how they are exploited?
    Not eating bananas? You might as well stop breathing because it’s like humans are cruel and you shouldn’t be breathing the same bad air as them
    nope, I usually don't eat out. I don't like being in a restaurant. The social pressure of eating is too much for me. That's no exaggeration. I have this mental problem that I cannot eat WITH other people in the same room. I can barely participate in family dinners nowadays.

I also never eat at school. I start eating when I come back home at around 1-2 pm.

When there are celebrations and I HAVE to participate in social eating, I need at least 1 week to prepare myself for it. And even then, sometimes I fail and cannot order anything or cannot eat what I ordered.

Drinking is also difficult in restaurants. I usually order Ginger Ales. Sometimes I cannot even drink in a restaurant.

I have a very strange relationship with food and eating. I can cook for myself and eat by myself or very close friends and relatives. But I cannot eat in public. I can only eat snacks in public... like an ice cream in summer. But I cannot sit in an ice-cream café and order ice cream. I wouldn't be able to eat it.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied

Was refering mostly to plastic, water and sweatshop free clothes. Every little thing we do matters, but it's difficult to pay attention to everything and I understand it.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

^Humans are cruel.

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Originally posted by stevyy

This is a music forum of course. But it would be interesting to see what people do for our planet.
    I don't eat fish.
    I don't waste water.
    I don't eat much meat (only 1-2 a week)
    I recycle paper, bottles, glass, clothing etc
    I don't drink coffee (the only coffee anyone should drink is fair trade coffee)
    I don't eat bananas (i do not support child labour)
    I don't buy at H&M, Esprit, C&A (I do not support child labour)
    I don't use plastic bags / paper bags... I don't use any bags.
    That's really great tbh!
    Do you eat out? Do you know who makes your food and how they are exploited?
    Not eating bananas? You might as well stop breathing because it’s like humans are cruel and you shouldn’t be breathing the same bad air as them

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by abi
    Originally posted by DnBLover
    Sad how people seem to care more about diva wars then their own damn planet and species. It goes to show the total failure that most education systems are.
    This is not a NatGeo forum. I care about it but I just don't talk about it here.

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    I know what you mean. Kids use the word like any other common bad word. They don’t realize the actual context or meaning behind it. They are young and naive. Only maturity will educate them.
    Detention instantly informs them it’s unacceptable and gives you a platform to address why imo.
    Detention only makes them want to retaliate more. I never took anything positive out of detention because I was young and naive. And when I was, I knew what triggered others and would push their buttons. Detention definitely would not send the message they need to hear. Kids will be kids.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Thanks for your answers Wayne, stevy and menime23. It would've been nice if all countries recognized gay marriage. It doesn't matter to me on a personal level as i don't use relationships but all couples should have legal rights in their own country. Maybe one day.

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied
    Sad how people seem to care more about diva wars then their own damn planet and species. It goes to show the total failure that most education systems are.
    This is not a NatGeo forum. I care about it but I just don't talk about it here.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied

This is a music forum of course. But it would be interesting to see what people do for our planet.
    I don't eat fish.
    I don't waste water.
    That's really great tbh!

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan
    It’s weird to think that 20 years ago a lot of these words were probably deemed socially acceptable.
    And sorry for hijacking, but just like slavery and homophobia, it's gets better, so in 10 years or so my words will not sound as crazy or nonsense.

It's the biggestfood trend in UK this year and 1 in 10 people plan to move to a plant based diet.

Guys he’s being shady because of another thread. Don’t worry about it
    Not shady tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    It’s weird to think that 20 years ago a lot of these words were probably deemed socially acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Guys he’s being shady because of another thread. Don’t worry about it

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    It’s a music forum hun

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

I don't eat fish.
    I don't waste water.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    ehm OK.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

Some things I do:
    - not having children
    - driving our car less as possible (sometimes we don't use it for weeks on end)
    - separating waste / recycling
    - eat less meat
    - in the coming weeks we have a special "green" program in my class

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Mya's new single "You Got Me" is a new "back-bend into the splits" anthem.

Love her!

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    I know "retard" has a horrible connotation (especially since referring to mentally handicapped people as "retarded" is outdated like calling a Native American person an "Indian") but never thought moron ever had any sort of offensive term to it.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moron_(psychology)

So is imbecile. Sad they had to change the medical teeminology cuz people missued the word so much.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    I would never call anyone a retard, not even if I was trying to insult them - it’s a vile word.
    I agree

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
    Originally posted by Wayne
    Unfortunately gay marriage isn’t dictated by EU law, so no.
    And it shouldn't be.
    I'm in favor of such a EU law.
    Same

Leave a comment:

Working...
X