X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

Judaism has drinking. The Passover seder uses it - it's the one time a year I was allowed to drink as a kid.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied

Cider ?

I feel a bit lost as I don't know what to drink when out. Not a big fan of beer, and wine, my fave and cheapest going-out booze is mostly a no-no cuz it contains a damn fish most of the time. Ugh. also dont wanna get smashed drinking vodkas all nigt or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Just like in Bosnia...in the village my father grew up, the biggest drinkers were Muslims

I'll have a glass of red wine every now and then and that's it. Never enjoyed the taste of alcohol.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    No religion allows drinking, yet look at Europe etc. Turkey is no different.
    Ahem priests drink wine, the blood of Christ, during the eucharist.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied

That's not accurate Serby... Christianity does allow drinking... they give it to us in the holy communion actually lol (unless you are a sinner in which case you are not allowed to have the church alcohol)

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied

No religion allows drinking, yet look at Europe etc. Turkey is no different.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Originally posted by RayRay
    I drink 3 or 4 times a week.
    As most people in Turkey don't drink, I wonder when do you drink? On your own?
    Actually people drink a lot in Turkey, just because the government is oppressive doesn't mean people don't drink. We pay the highest taxes in the world for alcohol/spirits. My hometown Izmir is the third biggest but most modern city in Turkey. Alcohol is consumed a lot in the Western and Southern coasts of Turkey.
    I thought most people in Turkey were muslims. At least the people who live here (and come from Turkey) always say they are not allowed to drink because of their religion.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Joel Kinnaman is one hot daddy

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied
    No alcohol... well we finally got our explanation I guess

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay
    Actually people drink a lot in Turkey, just because the government is oppressive doesn't mean people don't drink. We pay the highest taxes in the world for alcohol/spirits. My hometown Izmir is the third biggest but most modern city in Turkey. Alcohol is consumed a lot in the Western and Southern coasts of Turkey.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied

I only drink alcohol on special occasions like meal times.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

I thought I was the only one. I only drink alcohol twice a year on very special occasions.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo
    All these subliminal messages about alcohol in TV series. Homeland made me crave wine and when i watch How To Get Away With Murder, i wanna drink vodka
    why don't they work for me?
    Maybe because i'm an alcoholic (prefer to call myself social drinker tho)
    I never drank any alcohol, just hate the sheer smell of it
    Me too

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    All these subliminal messages about alcohol in TV series. Homeland made me crave wine and when i watch How To Get Away With Murder, i wanna drink vodka
    I never drank any alcohol, just hate the sheer smell of it

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Turns out my mother's great grand-father was born in Georgia and probably had to immigrate to Turkey during Ottoman-Russia War. Too bad they stopped giving citizenship and passport based on ethnicity in 2013.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    I woke up with an earworm of Rita Oras Hello, Hi, Goodbye last night, which is super random because I deleted it immediately after giving it one listen in 2012. Brains are so weird.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied

It isn't like This Is Us is melodramatic and manipulative. Those emotions arise because it is so relatable . There's a lot of heart to that show.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    Anyone else actually been put off from watching This Is Us by all the "OMG I cried so hard" comments that everyone who watches the show mentions? Originally i heard so many good things, but then I started hearing more and more about how people are bawling their eyes out after every single episode and to me, that's enough a reason not to watch. I watch tv for entertainment, I hate tearjerking stuff (I haven't seen Titanic since 1998 and don't see myself going back), there's enough to be depressed and upset about without some tv show tugging at your heartstrings every single week. Sure, tv shows do have those sad episodes (like a lot of Buffy season 5), but every single week an episode guaranteed to make you cry like a baby? No thanks lol.
    I think youd enjoy it personally. Sometimes its happy crying, sometimes its sad crying. But Im a pussy and cry at everything.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied

The show is much more than just crying and sadness tbh.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Anyone else actually been put off from watching This Is Us by all the "OMG I cried so hard" comments that everyone who watches the show mentions? Originally i heard so many good things, but then I started hearing more and more about how people are bawling their eyes out after every single episode and to me, that's enough a reason not to watch. I watch tv for entertainment, I hate tearjerking stuff (I haven't seen Titanic since 1998 and don't see myself going back), there's enough to be depressed and upset about without some tv show tugging at your heartstrings every single week. Sure, tv shows do have those sad episodes (like a lot of Buffy season 5), but every single week an episode guaranteed to make you cry like a baby? No thanks lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X