X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HouseTargaryen
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

I don't understand how you mods keep allowing GetBack to constantly troll. Its completely out of line.

I don't ever want to read anyone saying they are tired of seeing Beyonce' s name mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• Bellus
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Originally posted by Rihab
    I woke up at noon today because the mailman delivered shoes for one of my neighbours. He knows I’m usually home and have to ‘recover’ on Fridays, so he rings the bell for minutes until I get up and answer the door ugh.
    What an asshole.
    Secret admirer as well......boo needs to see you

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab
    I woke up at noon today because the mailman delivered shoes for one of my neighbours. He knows I’m usually home and have to ‘recover’ on Fridays, so he rings the bell for minutes until I get up and answer the door ugh.
    What an asshole.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    Kimberly Shaw over Bree anyday. Kimberly and Amanda made that damn show. The first season was really cheesy, it was supposed to be a "Gen X drama", like if Friends or something had been more dramatic and soapy.... Kimberly and Amanda were what turned that show into a camp classic.
    I absolutely agree... those storylines in season 3-5 were out of this world. No other show had topics and themes like that. I remember that for a brief moment in time, Melrose even overtook BH90210 (it was during MP's S03).

My top 3 females on MP included Sydney... Laura Leighton was so brilliant. The fact that after being a hooker, call girl, 2-times ex-wife of Michael, she finally found her love and was run over by a car on their wedding day... was hilarious screen writing. I cried for over a week at the time.
    I'd say MP was bigger than 90210 in its peak. 90210 was massive with teens/early 20-somethings but Melrose had a wider audience appeal, people in their 30s were addicted to it

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike
    I had a dream... my fave Kerli finally released her new album today as a surprise release and it was called "PRISM"

So first thing when i woke up was checking iTunes & Co. but it wasn't there
    I had similar life-like dreams when I woke up sweating and checking the internet for the news. But it was all a dream.

Leave a comment:

• Christinamuse
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay
    @Christinamuse, I interpreted your question as if you didn't know at all there are commonly known (among cat breeders) healthy issues when it comes to Scottish Fold.

We used to have Persians, but as a lot of them have problems breathing, we've decided to never again have Persians.

Same goes for a chicken breed we used to have. They tend to breed them in a way they get health issues. When I said something about it, they weren't really thankful...

The more I learned about breeding chickens, cats, dogs... the more I'm against certain types of pets, where people care more for their looks than their health.
    My dear, if our kitty has any physical problems I will let you know, this kitty was presented to my little children(2 nieces and 1 nephew) they love our scottish fold kitty a lot, take care of her and kitty doesn't have any breathing, jumping, coordination problems, she is(just can't write IT) absolutely healthy and happy she's surrounded by the children who immensely love her)

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    My dog was a stray dog, he was born on the streets. It's been 3.5 years since he died and i will never adopt another pet.
    Why not?
    A pet is too much responsibility and i'm not ready to take on such responsibility at this point of my life. Looking after a pet is a serious thing, it is not a toy that you can put away when you are bored or you don't feel like looking after it.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    Kimberly Shaw over Bree anyday. Kimberly and Amanda made that damn show. The first season was really cheesy, it was supposed to be a "Gen X drama", like if Friends or something had been more dramatic and soapy.... Kimberly and Amanda were what turned that show into a camp classic.
    I absolutely agree... those storylines in season 3-5 were out of this world. No other show had topics and themes like that. I remember that for a brief moment in time, Melrose even overtook BH90210 (it was during MP's S03).

My top 3 females on MP included Sydney... Laura Leighton was so brilliant. The fact that after being a hooker, call girl, 2-times ex-wife of Michael, she finally found her love and was run over by a car on their wedding day... was hilarious screen writing. I cried for over a week at the time.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan

Plus she slept with many hot men.
    That's also true. Gimme a vodka and my pearls and I'm naturally sliding into my Brie character.

The great thing is that Marcia Cross - the actress - is stunning. I worship both of her major roles: KImberly Shaw (Melrose Place) and Brie Van de Kamp.

But If I had to choose between the two, I'd prefer Dr. Kimberly Shaw... because that character had it all.

- a doctor
    - a terrorist
    - a mentally ill monster
    - a lover
    - a mistress
    - a secretary
    - a murderer
    - a friend
    - a homophobe
    - a pimp
    - a resurrected woman

Kimberly did it all and she only needed 4 seasons to accomplish all that.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Originally posted by jio
    Originally posted by cheapthrills
    Life imitates art. There was a plot point on Desperate Housewives where the son slept with the mom's sex addict boyfriend to get back at her for not accepting his homosexuality.
    I loved Desperate Housewives and Bri (or whatever her name was) but I would hardly call it art lol
    Brie is ART... one of the greatest TV characters of all times. I love her. I want to be just like her... including the sophisticated alcoholism and rants in church.
    Plus she slept with many hot men.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by jio
    Life imitates art. There was a plot point on Desperate Housewives where the son slept with the mom's sex addict boyfriend to get back at her for not accepting his homosexuality.
    I loved Desperate Housewives and Bri (or whatever her name was) but I would hardly call it art lol
    Brie is ART... one of the greatest TV characters of all times. I love her. I want to be just like her... including the sophisticated alcoholism and rants in church.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    My dog was a stray dog, he was born on the streets. It's been 3.5 years since he died and i will never adopt another pet.
    Why not?

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Biebz
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike
    I had a dream... my fave Kerli finally released her new album today as a surprise release and it was called "PRISM"

That's some pretty effective promo on Katy's part

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    I would never buy a pet but I wouldn't adopt from local shelters here either...so many lunatics working there, it's frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    One should always adopt cats and dogs imo. There's a cruel breeding industry behind buying pets.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Rob Lowe is one of the few actors that get better with age.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

@Christinamuse, I interpreted your question as if you didn't know at all there are commonly known (among cat breeders) healthy issues when it comes to Scottish Fold.

We used to have Persians, but as a lot of them have problems breathing, we've decided to never again have Persians.

Same goes for a chicken breed we used to have. They tend to breed them in a way they get health issues. When I said something about it, they weren't really thankful...

The more I learned about breeding chickens, cats, dogs... the more I'm against certain types of pets, where people care more for their looks than their health.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    I miss Shell
    As do I! :(

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied

I miss Shell

Leave a comment:

• Christinamuse
    replied
    Originally posted by Christinamuse
    ^ which health problems are you talking about?
    Without getting into the genetics of the breed, let’s just say there are strict breeding guidelines in order to maintain the health of the breed.

Basically, only one parent must have the “folded ear” gene. This means the responsible breeder never mates one Scottish Fold to another (even when one Scottish Fold’s ears are not folded). That’s why the breeder usually mates the Scottish Fold to an American Shorthair or British Shorthair.

If both parents contribute the folded gene, then the kitten is likely to suffer from congenital osteodystrophy, a genetic condition that causes deformities of the vertebral, leg and tail bones due to cartilage thickening (a little like osteoarthritis, a degenerative joint disease in humans).

The Scottish Fold will usually begin to exhibit symptoms of the disease between four to six months of age. These symptoms worsen as the cat ages. Common symptoms of congenital osteodystrophy include:

The tail may be short and thick.
    The affected bones may appear thickened.
    The affected bones would be tender to the touch.
    The cat may avoid jumping.
    Engaging an affected cat in active play involving jumping and running would be difficult.
    They may limp.
    In extreme cases, especially as the cat ages, they may appear to walk or run like a toy soldier with legs swinging stiffly outward.
    Slow movement which might be accompanied by lack of coordination.
    Lethargy, not wanting to move around.
    There may be severe pain.
    Simply put, here’s what happens. The cartilage begins to thicken. As it does, the tail might become shorter and thicker. The legs may also thicken which can result in lameness or an inability walk. The feet can swell.

There is no cure for congenital osteodystrophy and it is not life threatening, however it can become quite painful. Glucosamine supplements or joint treats sometimes help relieve stiffness and discomfort. If a cat is already affected with this condition and it is severe enough, veterinarians may recommend euthanasia as the last resort to avert painful suffering.
    Dear Lord, you wrote me all this dread, like I don't know that only one parent should have a folded gene and it's not allowed to crossbreed the folded gene if both parents are folded breed. This information isn't new for me)
    Our kitty is very healthy, playful, without any physical deviations and it wasn't crossbreed with a Scottish fold)

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X