X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
    Not when the first part of The 20/20 Experience almost did a million.
    And anyway, we're only one month into 2018, so it's quite pointless to declare it "the biggest album of the year so far". It's the flavour of the week, but that's about it.
    Ed Sheeran, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Chris Stapleton, P!nk, Kenny Chesney & Taylor Swift (x 2) - that's the only acts last year that topped the 200,000 mark in pure sales.

8 separate weeks, 7 different acts (and 4 of the weeks were in Q4) - it'll likely be even fewer this year. Justin's opening week is less than you might've expected and surprisingly lower since the Super Bowl (WTF) but still amongst the very best the music industry has seen in the last 14 months.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Originally posted by Christinamuse
    ^ which health problems are you talking about?
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dai...ts-BANNED.html

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Now that Justin is flopping (predictions got lower and lower after SB performance ) , Beyoncé is the only artist from 2000's that remains on top.
    you are nuts. The album is about to debut with 220k in pure sales... that's HUGE for 2018.

It's the biggest album of 2018 - so far.
    Not when the first part of The 20/20 Experience almost did a million.
    And anyway, we're only one month into 2018, so it's quite pointless to declare it "the biggest album of the year so far". It's the flavour of the week, but that's about it.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Now that Justin is flopping (predictions got lower and lower after SB performance ) , Beyoncé is the only artist from 2000's that remains on top.
    you are nuts. The album is about to debut with 220k in pure sales... that's HUGE for 2018.

It's the biggest album of 2018 - so far.

Leave a comment:

• Christinamuse
    replied
    ^ which health problems are you talking about?

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

I am actually against breeding Scottish Fold. A lot of them are born with health problems. I don't think we should breed them on purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Christinamuse
    replied
    I'll add some words 'bout cats and dogs. Tbh, I'm a dog person by nature, and my star sign is a dog also. Speaking frankly, dogs are my best friends) I'll never forget the time when I spent my holiday in the village with my cousins, it was unforgettable moments, and we had 2 dogs, actually my granny had 5 dogs, but they died long time ago, now we have only one dog called Topa)) I'll never forget my favorite dog Pirat and I'll never forget the accident which happened when I wanted to pet the dog while it had eatten)) I was a little girl, 5 years old, if I'm not mistaken, and Pirat suddenly bit my leg) certainly I was frightened a lot, but on the other hand, it was a lesson for me not to touch an animal while it eats) I also will never forget those moments when our loyal dogs followed me everywhere I went, and they always were my security when I went to forest with my sister or with my uncle, when I went home, they always guarded me and my mind will never forget those happy and jubilant faces when I met my dogs with bones . I love dogs a lot, they'll always be my best friends)
    I love cats less, but the only one breed of cats which I absolutely adore is a scottish fold) my family has this breed, our cute cat called Elsa, queen Elizabeth, simply put
    My beautiful queen Elizabeth and my princess Sophia

Leave a comment:

• BlueScorpion
    replied

Mariah is a beauty. She looked BOMB at the Golden Globes. Her best look in years.

Leave a comment:

• Bellus
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealest
    Besides her fluctuating weight, she never stopped being pretty.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealest
    stevyy is still gonna drag u

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Christinamuse
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Originally posted by Serby
    She was really pretty tbh.
    and she was natural waiting for Stevyy

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Rihanna? Adele? P!nk? Taylor (kinda)?

But all the males from the 2000's are kinda flops now

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Carbon
    Pink too. Even Shakira a little bit
    I totally forgot about P!nk. She's doing fantastic despite radio not playing her new single and she's doing bad on streaming.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    Pink too. Even Shakira a little bit

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hellohello
    replied
    Where's stevvy to correct yall?...

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    I recommend changing ‘was’ to ‘is’ unless you wanna be attacked by a herd of lambs

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Mood

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Well, when Madonna struggled with ageism on radio, none of younger girls supported her or said something about the issue. They might've been afraid that their career would suffer if they spoke out against radios but remaining silent didn't benefit them either. Now they are suffering from lack of airplay and it will be an endless cycle until someone powerful enough to stop it.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    additionally... they are also killing off their own mainstream acts (as seen in Katy, Gaga and Justin) by these never ending smear campaigns against them.

The mainstream industry is a joke. The age of acts they would play and support is shrinking by the year. Soon 30 will be the cut-off age... and then 25 and then 20 and in 20 years, we'll only hear toddlers screaming on the radio.
    True. I kinda miss the 90s when you had 50-something Tina, Cher, Elton, Rod... still having hit singles. Now a 50 year old could put the most insanely catchy and marketable song on the planet and it won't get played because "we need to protect the children from those old people"
    I grew up like this as well. We had the old legends and new acts dominate together. a new Paul McCarrtney hit was always gonna be HUGE when I was a kid... But then labels discovered that bubblegum can reach the pockets of parents too... and so we transitioned into this mess we are in today.

something like Nirvana would never ever work today... Kurt Cobain - if he debuted in 2010, would have had 1 hit single, but would need to drive a lorry or a school bus today to support his life bc his music would have been discarded as soon as smells like hit the 1-year-range.
    I don't think Kurt would do "that' bad, but I think Nirvana today would be a fairly popular hipster band who does mid-level spots at festivals and getting a lot of airplay on NPR and on shows like All Things Considered and World Cafe, but would be completely unknown to top 40 listeners. They'd be probably what The National or Father John Misty or something is now.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    something like Nirvana would never ever work today... Kurt Cobain - if he debuted in 2010, would have had 1 hit single, but would need to drive a lorry or a school bus today to support his life bc his music would have been discarded as soon as smells like hit the 1-year-range.
    In the best case scenario, maybe he would have been where Royal Blood, Biffy Clyro or Bring Me The Horizon are today, when a Gold status in the United Kingdom is considered to be unbeliveably good

Leave a comment:

Working...
X