X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Awww hun, you’ve definitely become much nicer lately and it’s been really lovely. But there’s no way I am gonna trust you with PMs

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords
      Awww hun, you’ve definitely become much nicer lately and it’s been really lovely. But there’s no way I am gonna trust you with PMs
      Did I ever leak your nudes? No
      How else can I prove my trust?
      Think you’re confusing me with another mod

Comment

• Originally posted by Serby
        Originally posted by jio
        That's not accurate Serby... Christianity does allow drinking... they give it to us in the holy communion actually lol (unless you are a sinner in which case you are not allowed to have the church alcohol)
        But is it really allowed to get drunk and drink outside the church ceremonies? That's what I meant.
        Sure it is. Never heard of a priest that wouldn't drink or other christians for that matter.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by jio
          That's not accurate Serby... Christianity does allow drinking... they give it to us in the holy communion actually lol (unless you are a sinner in which case you are not allowed to have the church alcohol)
          But is it really allowed to get drunk and drink outside the church ceremonies? That's what I meant.
          You're allowed to drink. But you're not allowed to drink too much.
          Floped and localed

Comment

• Re: The Random Thought Thread

I want a PM from biscuits.

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
              Originally posted by MusicRecords
              Did I ever leak your nudes? No
              How else can I prove my trust?
              Think you’re confusing me with another mod
              Oh sh!t
              Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords
                Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
                Hahahaha stop laughing before I go and take another one of your cars windows
                I'm a messy bitch that lives for the drama, let me get my life

Comment

• Will the quality of new music ever improve? I’m so over all this noise on the charts.
                  “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

Charts music =/= all the music out there.

People complaing bout quality of the music nowadays are just not discovering enough music. No one can tell me music nowadays sucks, it's your fault and you're not searching for it hard enough.
                    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

People complaing bout quality of the music nowadays are just not discovering enough music. No one can tell me music nowadays sucks, it's your fault and you're not searching for it hard enough.

There are only so many girl bands doing good pop music. And by ‘only so many’ I mean NONE :x

It’s not a case of not trying to find them
                      “I shouldn’t be in a conservatorship if I can work and provide money and work for myself and pay other people — it makes no sense”

#FreeBritney

Comment

• i drink too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_pest
                          i drink too much.
                          I sometimes smoke too much weedt. Don't go out. Work too much, not study enough. Im staring to feel like a failure and its all my fault.
                          be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_pest
                            i drink too much.

I haven’t drank enough

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
                              Originally posted by Serby

There are only so many girl bands doing good pop music. And by ‘only so many’ I mean NONE :x

En Vogue's Rocket is great. And their new album is coming next month.

Or go re-discover Wilson Phillips and Eternal. They have some great songs in their back catalogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay
                                Originally posted by menime123
                                Originally posted by Serby

En Vogue's Rocket is great. And their new album is coming next month.

Or go re-discover Wilson Phillips and Eternal. They have some great songs in their back catalogue.

#FreeBritney

Comment

What's a Wilson Phillip?

I actually think I know one or two of their songs - Hold On I think is their biggest hit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                                    What's a Wilson Phillip?

I actually think I know one or two of their songs - Hold On I think is their biggest hit?
                                    Funny thing is that many folk here would never believe, in 1990-1991 in the US there was a point where they and Mariah were neck and neck as the hottest new act of the 90s since WP's first album had three #1 singles and a fourth top 5 hit and the album was top 10 for a whole year. But then their second album in 1992 was a massive bomb and they were done.
                                    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Hold On is a great pop song.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                                        What's a Wilson Phillip?

My mom liked Wilson Phillips so I'm familiar with their music.

They only had succes with their debut album and those ladies had beautiful voices, they were one of the biggest successes / acts from like 1990-1991, they had the most successful song of the year with "Hold on" and all of the 5 singles were big Top 10 hits one smash after another. The album was nominated for several Grammys including Album of the year.

"Hold on" is pretty much their biggest hit BUT all of the other 4 singles which were also hits are IMO much better than "Hold on".

I prefer all "Release me", "Impulsive", "You're in love" and "The dream is still alive" over "Hold on" and I could swear Gwen Stefani's biggest musical, lyrical, and conceptual inspiration for her single "Cool" was Wilson Phillips' "You're in love" single.
                                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Wilson Phillips were also well known for being the daughters of 60s pop legends. Chynna Phillips' dad was John Phillips of The Mamas And The Papas and the other two girls were the daughters of Beach Boy Brian Wilson.
                                          My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• Originally posted by NothingFails
                                            Wilson Phillips were also well known for being the daughters of 60s pop legends. Chynna Phillips' dad was John Phillips of The Mamas And The Papas and the other two girls were the daughters of Beach Boy Brian Wilson.
                                            Yeah, they're daughters of musical royalty. They were really sweet.

I think Adele would slay with a Wilson Phillips type of album in the future.
                                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• It was really funny how Wilson Phillips and En Vogue both had their massive debut single in 1990 with Hold On. (Same title, different songs.)

I really love their harmonies/vocals. Their first album was really huge as some already mentioned.

But personally I prefer their second album, which may be less commercial but was way deeper lyricly.
                                              One of the songs (Flesh And Blood) was written by Carnie & Wendy for their Beach Boy father Brian Wilson, which at the time wasn't in contact with them. Lots of sad songs there.

Although the second album gave them one last hit (You Won't See Me Cry), they broke up.
                                              Carnie & Wendy went on to make a Christmas album plus an album which featured their father.
                                              Chynna released a solo album working with Pat Leonard (Madonna).

Later on Carnie also recorded some solo stuff and hosted a tv-show.
                                              Chynna did one Christian album with another female singer.

But they've been back together for some time now and released an album with Californian covers (Go Your Own Way was an AC hit in the US). They also released a Christmas album. Their last album "Dedicated" was a tribute to their parents with Beach Boys and The Mamas And The Papas covers.

Their most recent music output was them singing backing vocals for Rihanna's FourFiveSeconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
                                                Will the quality of new music ever improve? I’m so over all this noise on the charts.
                                                It gets worse :(
                                                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica
                                                  Originally posted by menime123
                                                  Will the quality of new music ever improve? I’m so over all this noise on the charts.
                                                  It gets worse :(
                                                  quality is there... you only have to look for it and find it.

#buyPureComedy
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• The problem for me is, that quality is there but I don't like those songs too :(
                                                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X