replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

OMG my brother and cousin performed in Atlanta. They killed it. I can cry

Leave a comment:

• Bellus
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy
    Originally posted by Carbon
    This week has been a busy hell. One more day and I'm off to stay with my parents for a few days of Xmas pampering, laziness and overeating. I need it bad
    Oh yes!!
    Yes!!! So ready for this

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Glad everything went well, Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• bluecherry
    replied

Eartha Kitt had such incredible balls. She is probably one of the people I admire most, ever.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

Yeah, sure you can ask!

It's entirely my fault, I've always allowed my previous work to get in the way - 1 year turned into 2 years, which turned into 3 years and we got to 5. About 6 months ago, I left that job and started a new one - and my life has been pretty awesome since. Eventually, with Christmas here, plucked up the courage to agree to coming over and I'm so pleased I did!

It's also not that much distance between us - 25 miles. But I always made excuses or allowed work to get in the way.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne
    After 5 years away, I finally met up with my family again today - and you know what? It's been awesome.

Had so many nerves about seeing my mum, sisters, nanna etc again - it's just been like the last 5 years hasn't even passed.
    wow that's crazy May I ask where you live now and where your family lives? Is it so far that visiting is not possible or did it just never happen until now?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

After 5 years away, I finally met up with my family again today - and you know what? It's been awesome.

Had so many nerves about seeing my mum, sisters, nanna etc again - it's just been like the last 5 years hasn't even passed.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    I don't want Christmas and free time yet, could have gone some more weeks to college

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    I am binge watching tv while wrapping presents and the snow is falling.

[youtube:1qgthfwq]2Vv-BfVoq4g[/youtube:1qgthfwq]

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Carbon
    This week has been a busy hell. One more day and I'm off to stay with my parents for a few days of Xmas pampering, laziness and overeating. I need it bad
    Oh yes!!

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
    ^^ Kill it with fire.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by abi
    We belong togethaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...........
    The abrupt end though! Can't be taking on MC's songs 'less you got that lung power.

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by abi
    Anyway, this never gets old.

[youtube:2vthzvjy]BBS_nTqV9-k[/youtube:2vthzvjy]

Mariah who? Whitney who? Celine who? Beyonce who?
    That was probably JD’s demo
    I hate you for sharing that

Leave a comment:

• Christinamuse
    replied
    Originally posted by Guru
    Xtina, hope you arrived safely and enjoy family time. Are you going back in the new year?
    Thanks, yes I arrived safely despite of being nervous, so I drank a glass of red wine and felt calm a bit. I returned back to my country cuz I have a study session and I missed my family a lot. And I have to say that 3 months are more than enough for working abroad. I can't stay in one place for more than 3 months, I always need a change of scenery.
    Yes, after passing my study session, I plan to work abroad again.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied

^^ Kill it with fire.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied

^ Make it stop.

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied
    Anyway, this never gets old.

[youtube:2q2esjvk]BBS_nTqV9-k[/youtube:2q2esjvk]

Mariah who? Whitney who? Celine who? Beyonce who?

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied
    Surprised to know some of y'all didn't like watching cartoons as a kid. I still watched SpongeBob until like high school.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by setg1
    I never even went through that phase where someone feels they're too old for them.
    I didn't like them as a kid either. I liked reading books and playing with toy cars. That was it.

One thing I'm glad is that my mother allowed me to play with toys that are typically meant for boys, and never forced me to play with dolls. I hate dolls.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied

Thanks, Rihab - I just had to know how much of that was exaggeration!

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Never seen Lion King either.
    And I’m from Africa too

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied

Xtina, hope you arrived safely and enjoy family time. Are you going back in the new year?

Leave a comment:

• setg1
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity
    I'm not a fan of animated movies either. They're mostly boring.
    I can't imagine not watching cartoons. I know, people have different tastes, and I don't like many things that a lot of other people do, either. It's just that I have always loved to watch them (though I have watched short cartoons much more than feature-length movies). I never even went through that phase where someone feels they're too old for them.

I think nostalgia plays a significant part, though. I watched lots of different cartoons as a kid and when I was a teenager, but now I just seem to like the ones that I enjoyed when I was younger, most of today's cartoons don't interest me (though there's one very notable exception).

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills
    I need someone from Germany to respond to this.

[youtube:f1f0sxyx]CiKclsiqXMw[/youtube:f1f0sxyx]
    It‘s partly true.

A few weeks before christmas (on Dec. 6), we have something called Saint Nicholas Day in German-speaking countries, which for the nice kids is like a ‘small‘ christmas before the ‘main‘ christmas because Saint Nicholas comes to bring them presents. The naughty kids get punished though.

Depending on where you live, it‘s either a Krampus who comes to punish you (Austria + Southern Germany, especially Bavaria)..

or Knecht Ruprecht (Northern and Central Germany)..

The former eat children, the latter whips them.

The Dutch have a pretty similar tradition with Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X