X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    saying albums are irrelevant goes against everything a music fan should believe in. So you do not want your faves to make music? Because the album is THE collection of an artists music in a certain time-frame. the single is rather irrelevant.
    This is completely untrue in todays world.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    Imagine putting Jeannette above Floponce.

Even an utter flop like Run The World (Gheys) has more streams and impact than Jeannette's discoraphy.
    It may have more streams, but it's one of my least favorite Beyonce songs ever. It has no melody whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Even an utter flop like Run The World (Gheys) has more streams and impact than Jeannette's discoraphy.
    [MENTION=84648]Aaronsmithjune1[/MENTION] sis come collect these gerls, they are doing your fave dirty.
    I feel sorry for you.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

[MENTION=84648]Aaronsmithjune1[/MENTION] sis come collect these gerls, they are doing your fave dirty.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    I don't agree here. I prefer a single (new song) every few months, than 16 new songs at once. I would enjoy 16 new songs spread over three years, than 16 songs at once and nothing for the next three years. I can make a playlist of this time-frame myself these days.
    I believe that some albums wouldn't work with each track released separately. I'm thinking of Marina & The Diamonds' 'Electra Heart'. The album only makes sense if consumed as a whole. It's easier to tell a story in 50 minutes than in 3 minutes 30 seconds. I believe it's good to compare it with a DVD or a book. Of course short videos or short stories work on their own, but a 2 hours movie or a 200 pages book can add much more richness and variety to the whole thing assuming that they don't necessarily build up on filler material for most of the duration.

[MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION]: 'Together Again' is a nice song. My favorite song by Janet Jackson is probably 'Someone to Call My Lover', closely followed by 'All For You' .

Leave a comment:

• WEBofDESIRE
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    I don't agree here. I prefer a single (new song) every few months, than 16 new songs at once. I would enjoy 16 new songs spread over three years, than 16 songs at once and nothing for the next three years. I can make a playlist of this time-frame myself these days.
    I couldn't disagree more here [MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION]. If an artist is only releasing singles you only get that one side of them (whatever they are doing to try and be commercially relevant). With albums, there are always a handful of tracks that were not recorded to be hits, this is where artists get to explore a variety of styles and sounds.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    About to go see this:

[MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet, you should go see this too but I don’t know how that will happen.
    I am the slim and u r the kween

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Oh wow so I just saw that Dance Monkey is blowing up in the US now too.

It will probably block any other song from going #1 for all of December.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    About to go see this:

[MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet, you should go see this too but I donít know how that will happen.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    TY [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    when do you ever?
    When I’m not in the Vadge forum.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    I didn’t post a good song tho
    when do you ever?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    it might appear to a still developing brain. What I say factors in experience. Listen to the elderly they are always right.
    Old people bring nothing but regression and degradation like Brexit and Trump so no thank you, I'll keep on happily dragging the dusty olds.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    When it comes to Janet vs Beyonce, I prefer Janet any time any place.
    No one made me love to dance as much as Janet.
    Also, I prefer her voice and songs.

Last edited by RayRay; Wed November 27, 2019, 20:01.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    saying albums are irrelevant goes against everything a music fan should believe in. So you do not want your faves to make music? Because the album is THE collection of an artists music in a certain time-frame. the single is rather irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    This is a much more logical explaination than stevvy's .
    it might appear to a still developing brain. What I say factors in experience. Listen to the elderly they are always right.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post
    no one under 40 cares for albums let alone album equivalents

outdated concepts like that won't get you far when you're trying to understand what young people like and why they like what they like

hits and social media influence are the 2 main factors to look at, with touring playing a minor role and albums being almost completely irrelevant

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    I didn’t post a good song tho

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I can enjoy a good song irrespective of an act's gender, ethnicity or sexuality .

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Tbh black people should invent another music genre because whites have taken over rap/hip hop and have completely ruined it in the process (just like they did with country and rock).
    Sis, this has been going on since we were fetuses.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Tbh black people should invent another music genre because whites have taken over rap/hip hop and have completely ruined it in the process (just like they did with country and rock).

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    You are right. I believe that single performance can make you turn into a celebrity, while album success makes the difference between a celebrity and a star as acts with a long and stable career at least had one defining big album.
    [MENTION=27834]Rihab[/MENTION]: You're mostly talking about young people, while the majority of the population in Western countries are 40 years old and older. And I believe that we need to consider different needs depending on the respective part of society. Capital Bra is successful in the singles department, but will he have a sustainable impact on the contemporary music landscape? I feel like he's the kind of act who'll be considered a 'child of its time' in years to come. Like Wilson Phillips back in the day...
    Last edited by theMathematician; Wed November 27, 2019, 19:27.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    This would make sense if female pop stars with a non-sexual image (the Pinks, Lordes and Adeles) were still scoring hits. But only the popstitutes (Ari, Dua, Camila) have scored multiple hits since Rih left the scene and Katy started flopping.

Imo, it has more to do with the fact that popular music goes through cycles. At the moment, rap dominates all other genres and rap is still a male-dominated genre. Women dominated when pop dominated from 2005-2013 and they will make a comeback when pop makes a comeback OR when more women break into rap (we're already seeing this on a national level with Aya Nakamura in France and Juju / Shirin / Loredana in Germany).
    This is a much more logical explaination than stevvy's .

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    hits are irrelevant... albums equivalents are the thing to be looking at in GER. Adele, Connor and Helene are the only ones with great sales in that department... and P!nk maybe too. However, P!nk has been around for too long to be up with them, especially with them German galz.
    no one under 40 cares for albums let alone album equivalents

outdated concepts like that won't get you far when you're trying to understand what young people like and why they like what they like

hits and social media influence are the 2 main factors to look at, with touring playing a minor role and albums being almost completely irrelevant

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    This would make sense if female pop stars with a non-sexual image (the Pinks, Lordes and Adeles) were still scoring hits. But only the popstitutes (Ari, Dua, Camila) have scored multiple hits since Rih left the scene and Katy started flopping.

Imo, it has more to do with the fact that popular music goes through cycles. At the moment, rap dominates all other genres and rap is still a male-dominated genre. Women dominated when pop dominated from 2005-2013 and they will make a comeback when pop makes a comeback OR when more women break into rap (we're already seeing this on a national level with Aya Nakamura in France and Juju / Shirin / Loredana in Germany).
    hits are irrelevant... albums equivalents are the thing to be looking at in GER. Adele, Connor and Helene are the only ones with great sales in that department... and P!nk maybe too. However, P!nk has been around for too long to be up with them, especially with them German galz.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X