This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Random Thought Thread

I'm reading over the projects, and I'm not even sure they are even comparable - Bowie's album wasn't released for a couple of months after his initial surprise announcement.

Comment

GetBack is hilarious, its like hes progresively becoming a bigger and more obvious troll day by day over the last 10 years. a very long term project.

Comment

• Can we keep talking about bottoms?

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
          Can we keep talking about bottoms?

I spot one in ur avi.
          BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
          98 - OUT

Comment

#RainingGlitter is now available on all streaming platforms and iTunes.
            Originally posted by SummerPeur
            Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
            Originally posted by Goldmoney
            So does her microphone

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy
              Originally posted by Wayne
              Originally posted by spiritboy
              Beyoncé might not be the first artist to do a surprise release but hers is the one that is mentioned mostly. Nobody knew (or care) about Bowie surprise releasing an album but everyone knows about Self-titled.
              A quick glance at their respective stats reveals that Bowie's album went to #1 in roughly 3 times more markets than Bey's.

Now, numbers are only one side to this argument and I'm not interested in the "Beyonce did it better" rubbish - but to argue that nobody cared for Bowie's release? Well that's just bull.

I remember Bowie's release vividly - there was very real hype.
              I was talking about "surprise release" thing, not the albums themselves. I've never heard Bowie surprise releasing his album, Beyoncé's surprise release however impacted pop culture big time.
              Maybe it was because Bowie didn't surprise release an album. He surprise released the single "Where Are We Now" out of nowhere and then dropped news on a new album, but the album was two months later. And the reason it was a surprise was because at the time it'd been 9 years since he'd released new music so people had just assumed he had retired. And the single was his first top 10 in the UK in 27 years and the album did do well... but it wasn't a "surprise" when people knew about it coming for two months before it hit shelves. The single was such a surprise because they had kept the fact he'd been working on a new album confidential and under wraps so the last thing anyone had expected was to get news that he had a new single after being quiet for so long. But the album itself was two months after this surprise single.

Now if we were talking Radiohead's In Rainbows/King Of Limbs you'd have more of an argument as they were surprise drop releases that came pre-Beyonce, but again, if you're checking for pop artists you probably aren't the demographic being targeted with buzz that there's a surprise brand new Radiohead album.
              My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

There's this general idea most of Beyonce's work is groundbreaking, trendsetting or original. I don't see any of this in her and the constant charges upon her prove so. She's one of the greatest performers of our generation as she can work a stage.
                You ain't gotta break down,
                YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• MJ did not invent the Moonwalk, Hendrix did not invent the electric guitar, and Elvis did not invent RocknRoll... but to deny their impact in these very things would be an abomination..

Bey might not have been the first to do the surprise release, but she had the most impact with doing it. Self-titled had a bigger impact than most would like to admit. Hell, they even changed the rekease date fir music, AFTER Bey released self titled. Many artist followed the trend AFTER Bey did it. Many ADMITTED her influence with their released. Let's not act brand new or deny this.

Us Bey fans are not trying to discredit your fav in their achievements, in which we can, but many of yall always trying to take away hers.
                  Diva!!!

Comment

I think Bey's was significant because it literally appeared... as opposed to many artists who are "check tonight for a new album" or something like that (I knew The Weeknd just announced his today)... Bey dropped the album THEN told people where to find it. U2's the only other act I can think of who did it that way (release it THEN tell people) but the way they did it was all wrong because they put it in everyone's itunes folder whether you like them or not.
                    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• Omg I am working with this guy I have a crush on.
                      He is so sweet,
                      I want to marry him
                      Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                        Speaking of divas, what a star studded week for birthdays:

Diva Birthday Week

3/23 Chaka Khan
                        3/25 Aretha Franklin
                        3/26 Diana Ross
                        3/27 Mariah Carey
                        3/28 Lady Gaga
                        3/30 Céline Dion
                        And your girl gets pimp spot honours!
                        UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [Ballot box open]
                        "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#3 revealed!]

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

I dreamt that two men forced me into drugs and prostitution. It was really scary and I now have more sympathy for men and women in this situation

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                            Omg I am working with this guy I have a crush on.
                            He is so sweet,
                            I want to marry him
                            When is the wedding?
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueScorpion
                              There's this general idea most of Beyonce's work is groundbreaking, trendsetting or original. I don't see any of this in her and the constant charges upon her prove so. She's one of the greatest performers of our generation as she can work a stage.
                              I'm sorry you don't see it, but that's exactly what these last two albums were.

Visual albums and surprise releases became a thing after she did it. "To Pull a Beyoncé"even became a frequent expression, google it.

I'm sure I read a few times in the Mariah thread people claiming that she wanted to do this kind of thing before Beyoncé, with zero proofs for such a claim, as per wishful thinking.

How would you act if the same level of success had been achieved by Mariah and then comes a poorly informed fellow that says it wasn't really that big of deal?

And Beyoncé had been toying with the concept for years, the B'Day anthology, etc.

Let's not diminish her to the category of performer, as if she isn't a masterclass vocalist also. She's not your average JLo. She's an all-rounded act that has been out-singing everyone in the business for well over 10 years. As of right now, she's the epitome of the modern superstar and the person to which all others are compared.

On to the next topic.
                              "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Just found out that one of my exes is now married to a girl and another ex has found god. The Diva turning gheys

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
                                  Just found out that one of my exes is now married to a girl and another ex has found god. The Diva turning gheys
                                  Not everybody is able to handle The Diva <3
                                  Floped and localed

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
                                    There is hope for everybody
                                    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• [tweet:1y7my100]https://twitter.com/kalenminaj/status/978647427505729536[/tweet:1y7my100]

Happy B'day.
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

• For anyone wondering how Mariah got so skinny: she invented a new diet called the "Photosynthesis Diet" where she trained her body to convert the energy from light photons into chemical energy to run her organs. You read that right, the good sis lives off of sunlight, air and water only.

98 - OUT

Comment

• Omg I can’t help it, those Mariah pics
                                          Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Dead

Skinny Queen
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• No offense to the Muslims in this forum, but somebody faked my account a few weeks ago on Facebook and posted horrible things about Muslims. I've been getting countless of death threats and despite my DETAILED and WELL-WRITTEN explanation plus proofs of my previous posts where I've shown support to them, most won't still believe me.

This is why I hate religion, it makes most people irrational.

Anyway, queen lamb is back. Move over stevvy.

Comment

Where is that Britney can that hates JT?
                                                  Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hotMCfan
                                                    No offense to the Muslims in this forum, but somebody faked my account a few weeks ago on Facebook and posted horrible things about Muslims. I've been getting countless of death threats and despite my DETAILED and WELL-WRITTEN explanation plus proofs of my previous posts where I've shown support to them, most won't still believe me.

This is why I hate religion, it makes most people irrational.

Anyway, queen lamb is back. Move over stevvy.
                                                    Any idea why your account was faked? Why is someone targeting you with religious hate speech? It’s probably someone that has had a recent “bad” experience with you.
                                                    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Working...
                                                    X