• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIfan
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Originally posted by TIfan
    I wonder how come artist do not sell their albums on the streaming services. I think it would be a good idea. Sell albums for like $5 on the streaming services, that way labels are making something. Streaming does bring in money, but not as much.
    Most people wouldn’t buy them knowing they are already listening to it for free
    I meant sell the album on Spotify and Apple. It will unlock if you pay for it only.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    I wonder how come artist do not sell their albums on the streaming services. I think it would be a good idea. Sell albums for like $5 on the streaming services, that way labels are making something. Streaming does bring in money, but not as much.
    Most people wouldn’t buy them knowing they are already listening to it for free

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Originally posted by Erotica
    Well I don't like actual music more than older music, but that's just my taste

But I really think that movies did not get better, not only from my point of view, also in general. Watched many older movies the last years and somehow they were much more interesting than movies released these days

and it feels like there are too many remakes and all these things
    I was going to say that your ideas are just out of nostalgia, but then I checked the top 50 grossing movies in the US in 1986 compared against 2016, and the difference is shocking.

1986, not one superhero movie in sight - and in 2016 they make up half the top 10.

1986, you have to go down to #33 to see the highest grossing animated film - and it's a re-release of Lady and the Tramp. Care Bears II is the first original at #43. 2016, there are SEVEN animated movies in the top 20.

1986, there are only seven sequels in the top 50. It looks more like 20 in 2016, depending on how you count reboots.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    So many people hate Queen

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Take me awayyyyyyy
    A secret placeeee
    A sweet escapeeeee
    Take me awayyyyyyyy

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Well I don't like actual music more than older music, but that's just my taste

But I really think that movies did not get better, not only from my point of view, also in general. Watched many older movies the last years and somehow they were much more interesting than movies released these days

and it feels like there are too many remakes and all these things

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by EAI
    Originally posted by Carbon
    (unlike some other divas who are neither likeable nor vocally talented anymore).

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by Erotica
    I don't have a problem with listening to albums from Queen and Michael Jackson

But who could listen to a full Taylor Swift, Sam Smith or Justin Bieber album? :-?
    Me, as opposed to MJ. I don't like his ooohs aaah mmmhs.

I honestly think we have better music and especially the TV/movies than before. Mummble fumble rappers excluded.

Leave a comment:

• EAI
    replied
    (unlike some other divas who are neither likeable nor vocally talented anymore).

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    I hate Queen, some of their songs are insufferable. :x

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    I don't have a problem with listening to albums from Queen and Michael Jackson

But who could listen to a full Taylor Swift, Sam Smith or Justin Bieber album? :-?

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Originally posted by Hugo
    (unlike some other divas who are neither likeable nor vocally talented).
    And yet Serby stans.
    More likable than your fave tho. No, really, I love Beyonce the sis, but somethig about her persona is missing. I don't like her perfect image, like, I need her to be more relatable.
    A messy person relates to a messy person, a flawless person relates to a flawless person. Seems logical

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    I also don't like MJ bar few songs. Def not about quality, but the genre and the whole thing. Also don't like his singing style.

Originally posted by Hugo
    And yet Serby stans.
    More likable than your fave tho. No, really, I love Beyonce the sis, but somethig about her persona is missing. I don't like her perfect image, like, I need her to be more relatable.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    I'm surprised there are people that can listen to an entire Queen album, good lord.

Michael Jackson, on the other hand, how dare you?

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne
    Though I also can't bear Celine's music bar a few songs. Falling Into You is pretty as hell. And One Heart is funny and gets into my head so easily but that's all
    Just out of interest, have you ever tried her French music? Or is it the voice you can't stand (blasphemy by the way and will result in a permaban).
    It's not the voice, it's just the whole genre/style/production of her songs... can't pinpoint it. Haven't heard her French music I think.

but "can't bear" was too harsh. I mostly just feel bored. I can stand it though. I would rather apply "can't stand" to stuff like Queen or Michael Jackson. I'd listen to five Celine albums before one full Queen album

Leave a comment:

• Biebz
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne
    Though I also can't bear Celine's music bar a few songs. Falling Into You is pretty as hell. And One Heart is funny and gets into my head so easily but that's all
    Just out of interest, have you ever tried her French music? Or is it the voice you can't stand (blasphemy by the way and will result in a permaban).

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Mariah Carey bitchesssssss

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    And yet Serby stans.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    She is indeed a very likeable person, and when you combine it with talent it makes a nice combo (unlike some other divas who are neither likeable nor vocally talented anymore).

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    There's really nothing to hate about her (unlike Mariah's public personality etc), I'm just not connecting with her music. I wouldn't say it's bad, but just not my cup of tea. If I was exploring (one day probably), I'm sure there would be few songs I'd really enjoy to, but I'm really not too fond on any 90s singers (well 80s etc too).

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    She's so coll and likable, I'd stan with my life for her if her music wasn't the polar oposite of what I normally listen to.
    She's not Kate Bush or Joni Mitchell - but she has one hugely diverse catalogue of music if you choose to explore it (not asking you to btw ).

But a nice comment from you all the same, most people at the very least find her to be charming, slightly eccentric but supremely talented and a woman who deserves every success she's achieved.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    She's so coll and likable, I'd stan with my life for her if her music wasn't the polar oposite of what I normally listen to.
    What do you normally listen to?

Her music is very differce.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X