X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about Petula Clark?

Comment

• Re: The Random Thought Thread

Similar to Dusty, don't know a huge amount about her - but I would imagine her career followed a similar trajectory to Cilla Black's except it was bigger, longer and maybe a bit more international (but I would hazard a guess that she sold considerably more singles than albums).

Comment

• She made movies in the 50s and 60s.
        Last time I heard anything from her was this.
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9iM48qNM8xI

Comment

• Love watching some ESC 2014 moments... Conchita <3 <3 <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Parkelife
            She made movies in the 50s and 60s.
            She did another record last year or so, I remember reading an article about it and it didn't sound bad. She kinda deserves some credit, she's been making music for *70* years and actually is able to still somewhat remain modern even in her mid 80s. That's definitely one of the longest careers I can think of, especially given she's actually been able to musically adapt with changing times unlike some of her 50s/60s peers who have spent the last few decades on the oldies circuit.
            My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

The old James bond movies (60s-80s) are the best ones. I can watch those all day.
              Diva!!!

Comment

All this Petula talk reminded me of Cut Copy Me :

[youtube:sovv08i5]9iM48qNM8xI[/youtube:sovv08i5]

Loved that.

Comment

• I'm old school.... Connery is still the best Bond. Goldfinger is practically untoppable. I like every actor in the role though.

Comment

• Originally posted by NothingFails
                    Originally posted by Parkelife
                    She did another record last year or so, I remember reading an article about it and it didn't sound bad. She kinda deserves some credit, she's been making music for *70* years and actually is able to still somewhat remain modern even in her mid 80s. That's definitely one of the longest careers I can think of, especially given she's actually been able to musically adapt with changing times unlike some of her 50s/60s peers who have spent the last few decades on the oldies circuit.
                    She's still doing small tours around main land Europe. Amazing really for her age. Think there's only Julie Andrews, but she can't sing anymore.
                    Tina Turner did an interview last month in the UK, think it's Warner who's pushing her to record an album. She may do it, but definitely said no more on the road touring.

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravity
                        Back in elementary school, we had to leave the classroom to blow the nose.

I have rhinitis, so it was fun
                        Jeez hahaha. I can remember in school everyone blowing their nose, coughing up a lunge etc and no one ever left the room.
                        Originally posted by SummerPeur
                        Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                        Originally posted by Goldmoney
                        So does her microphone

Comment

• Originally posted by Parkelife
                          Originally posted by NothingFails
                          Originally posted by Parkelife
                          She's still doing small tours around main land Europe. Amazing really for her age. Think there's only Julie Andrews, but she can't sing anymore.
                          Tina Turner did an interview last month in the UK, think it's Warner who's pushing her to record an album. She may do it, but definitely said no more on the road touring.
                          I hope she does. I don't understand why more artists don't make albums without touring. It's beyond time for a new Tina album and I respect if she doesn't want to tour anymore.

Comment

• I'm super late but Narcos is a really good show.
                            Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                              I'm super late but Narcos is a really good show.
                              Yes !!! . I hope it will be renewed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nippian93
                                Originally posted by TIfan
                                I just heard they are renewing for 3rd season
                                Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                                  Originally posted by Nippian93
                                  Originally posted by TIfan
                                  I just heard they are renewing for 3rd season
                                  Nice, I will be watching.

Comment

• Queen Beyonce's numbers have been updated on chartmasters:

ARTISTS RANKING – CSPC – OVERALL SALES

Females

1. Madonna – 241,134,000
                                    2. Céline Dion – 193,422,000
                                    3. Mariah Carey – 167,149,000
                                    4. Barbra Streisand – 152,498,000
                                    5. Whitney Houston – 151,693,000
                                    6. Britney Spears – 100,827,000
                                    7. Rihanna – 86,846,000
                                    8. Enya – 86,457,000
                                    9. Adele – 84,148,000
                                    10. Shania Twain – 80,479,000
                                    11. Janet Jackson – 77,131,000
                                    12. Beyoncé – 74,052,000
                                    One more album / era and Beyonce will replace Shania in the Top 10
                                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

^ Thank God the guy who runs this website has been banned from UKMix, imagine him, his followers and more skeptical members all argue with one another over some nonsense all over UKMix.

Comment

^ Thank God the guy who runs this website has been banned from UKMix, imagine him, his followers and more skeptical members all argue with one another over some nonsense all over UKMix.
                                        This makes no sense but ok. The guy was actually a valuable member on UKmix. Anyway, it has clearly worked best for him this way as he has a successful website on his own now.
                                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

yeah cuz arguing about 80's / 90's "divas" is any better.
                                          DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                          98 - OUT

Comment

• MID is intelligent but refuses to hear opposing opinions or admit when he's wrong. I've cited examples earlier here from another forum he still posts at.

Comment

• Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
                                              I dont understand what on earth are you all talking about
                                              MJD was a popular ukmixer who used to do a number of sale estimates and was one of the most valuable members of the chart analysis section. For some reason I don't know, he was banned and now has his own Chartmasters.org website which appears to be quite popular.
                                              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• MJD is a smart guy, but don't you dare list an album as a fave of a random year that might've only sold 300k... he'll lose his nuts on you lol.

I used to post at Steve Hoffman, I got banned for calling someone a mf (and it felt so good lol) but there was a thread about favorite albums released in 1991... this being a predominantly rock-leaning forum had quite a few posters list My Bloody Valentine's Loveless as one of their faves of the year, and he lost it because "people just namedrop an album they never heard to look cool" because god forbid some people didn't listen to Color Me Badd and Boyz II Men that year . But he'd say stuff like "nobody bought it" even though 300k in the US really wasn't that bad for a group who had zero MTV or radio presence and also was in a genre (shoegaze) that never gained traction stateside. I can't name another shoegaze record that sold 300k in the US, can you? But yet he doesn't put things like that into perspective, he just sees stats and takes them as that.

But where I say he won't admit defeat was when he went on a rant against vinyl and he brought up sales stats for the year 2009 showing where "Abbey Road" by The Beatles was the top selling record of the year, but also accounted for more than 99% of total Beatles vinyl sales that year which automatically meant "people just buy Abbey Road because its cool but ignore the other albums" (even though Sgt. Pepper and White Album have aways been "cool" records to own on vinyl too) when several people, myself included, even corrected him by pointing out the fact that in 2009, Abbey Road was the only Beatles album readily available on vinyl as their discography didn't get a proper resissue campaign until 2012, but he never once stand corrected and admit he was wrong, because therefore that would've gone against his argument because now Beatles vinyl sales are more spread out given the entire discography is available vs. one album that was still being pressed in 2009.

Comment

Nippian,

I am finishing season 1. On episode 2, season 2 now.
                                                  Diva!!!

Comment

I can't stand people who think that sales determine quality
                                                    Floped and localed

Comment

Working...
                                                    X