X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gravity
    I can't stand people who think that sales determine quality
    I am with you.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• I must say I find it quite calming with MR banned for 3 months. He is a good guy but he’s too loud and can go overboard with comments and language a lot of the time.
      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Re: The Random Thought Thread

Sales are really all about who has the most widespread general appeal. It doesn't mean who is best or worst. We have some amazing artists who are massive sellers (like MJ, Beatles, U2, Madonna, Pink Floyd, etc...) but the quality of the music doesn't have anything to do with whether the album sold 25 million or 2 million worldwide IMO.

But ultimately quality is subjective. One man's Revolver is another man's Friday.
        My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
          Nippian,

I am finishing season 1. On episode 2, season 2 now.
          Season 1 was much better in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat
            Originally posted by Nippian93
            ^ Thank God the guy who runs this website has been banned from UKMix, imagine him, his followers and more skeptical members all argue with one another over some nonsense all over UKMix.
            yeah cuz arguing about 80's / 90's "divas" is any better.
            well then you would LOVE him if you hate the diva talk. I saw him argue with a poster about whether a 1966 Rolling Stones album was more successful in the long run than a 1980 album of theirs that sold more copies because the 1966 album has two "classic" songs on it that do much better in digital/streams than anything off said 1980 record.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nippian93
              ^ Thank God the guy who runs this website has been banned from UKMix, imagine him, his followers and more skeptical members all argue with one another over some nonsense all over UKMix.
              Because u feel any better right

Comment

• Originally posted by Guru
                go overboard with comments and language a lot of the time.
                There is a few members like that though.

At least MR contributed to Ukmix.
                Originally posted by SummerPeur
                Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                Originally posted by Goldmoney
                So does her microphone

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                  Adele turned 30 today (happy birthday to Britain's biggest-selling female artist of the 21st century) which got me thinking about her success and about all of the women that have sold 60 million albums - by my reckoning, there's only 10 (Madonna, Celine, Mariah, Whitney, Barbra, Britney, Enya, Shania, Janet & Adele).

Adele is only the fourth female artist - and likely to be the last - to have sold more than 60 million copies of their studio albums by the time they reach 30. An amazing achievement.
                  How many female or male sold more than 60 million copies of their studio albums after 30?
                  BARBRA
                  ?Mom of Divas
                  ?2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
                  ?Best-selling ? Artist
                  ?Biggest Box office Actress
                  ?Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
                  ?1st Osc? Composer

Comment

• Originally posted by CelinetoBarbra
                    Originally posted by Wayne
                    Adele turned 30 today (happy birthday to Britain's biggest-selling female artist of the 21st century) which got me thinking about her success and about all of the women that have sold 60 million albums - by my reckoning, there's only 10 (Madonna, Celine, Mariah, Whitney, Barbra, Britney, Enya, Shania, Janet & Adele).

Adele is only the fourth female artist - and likely to be the last - to have sold more than 60 million copies of their studio albums by the time they reach 30. An amazing achievement.
                    How many female or male sold more than 60 million copies of their studio albums after 30?
                    Madonna? Bruce Springsteen? (his biggest hits came in his 30's) Michael Jackson? Shania Twain? (she was 30 when she had her breakout album) Barbra? (most of her biggest selling albums came after age 30). Billy Joel?

Comment

• God is your only relative.
                      You are the spirit soul, not the body.
                      The human body is the only body in which you can perform karma, or consequential actions.
                      Thus, only in this human body can you attain everlasting bliss, peace, knowledge, and eternal life (what modern science call 'survival of the fittest'/no one wants to die).
                      God is synonymous with all those things viz. Bliss, Knowledge, and Eternity.
                      Thus, the human life must be utilized only to attain God.
                      God is attained only when God bestows His Grace, because He is divine and infinite, and we are tiny and conditioned by material energy.
                      God, being causelessly graceful, is always showering His grace on the suffering souls.
                      To be able to receive this Grace, however, the mind must be 100% pure.
                      However, the individual soul, having sinned (90% of the time) since eternity, cannot receive this divine grace properly. For that, he must undertake spiritual discipline.
                      Spiritual discipline involves loving God affectionately as your Mother, Father, Son, Friend, and Master, etc.
                      Intense favorable emotional attachment to God is the fruit of all spiritual practice.
                      It must be coupled with truthfulness, humility, forbearance, forgiveness, and love for all as your spiritual brethren (which solves the problem of gay, straight, transgender, black, white, red, woman, child rights you people keep going on and on about).

Please don't ban me.
                      Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by SummerPeur
                        Originally posted by Guru
                        go overboard with comments and language a lot of the time.
                        There is a few members like that though.

At least MR contributed to Ukmix.
                        I also know of others that use words like bish etc but the tone that is used can easily be read and differ from MR tone. He seems full of himself and obnoxious. I see others use similar language but you can read and hear their tone.

And they all contribute to UKMix. Not exclusive to MR.
                        You don’t have to create a thread to contribute.

Comment

• Originally posted by CelinetoBarbra
                          If it's just females and just studio albums, probably Madonna and Barbra (Barbra only due to sheer frequency of releases) - Celine might have done it also, depending on how many copies of Let's Talk About Love she sold after March 30th 1998.

In terms of females overall, Madonna, Celine and Barbra definitely did. I don't think Whitney did (it'd depend on how many copies of The Bodyguard were sold in the first 10 months it was on sale as her 30th birthday would've come in August 1993).

Madonna and Celine are the only female artists to have sold more than 60 million albums before they were 30 and more than 60 million after.

Comment

Originally posted by CelinetoBarbra
                            If it's just females and just studio albums, probably Madonna and Barbra (Barbra only due to sheer frequency of releases)
                            Sheer frequency? Isnt her peers release more? It's only due to longevity and timeless
                            BARBRA
                            ?Mom of Divas
                            ?2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
                            ?Best-selling ? Artist
                            ?Biggest Box office Actress
                            ?Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
                            ?1st Osc? Composer

Comment

Flop and localed kween Mariah could never

Comment

• Originally posted by BeltingBeliever
                                God is your only relative.
                                You are the spirit soul, not the body.
                                The human body is the only body in which you can perform karma, or consequential actions.
                                Thus, only in this human body can you attain everlasting bliss, peace, knowledge, and eternal life (what modern science call 'survival of the fittest'/no one wants to die).
                                God is synonymous with all those things viz. Bliss, Knowledge, and Eternity.
                                Thus, the human life must be utilized only to attain God.
                                God is attained only when God bestows His Grace, because He is divine and infinite, and we are tiny and conditioned by material energy.
                                God, being causelessly graceful, is always showering His grace on the suffering souls.
                                To be able to receive this Grace, however, the mind must be 100% pure.
                                However, the individual soul, having sinned (90% of the time) since eternity, cannot receive this divine grace properly. For that, he must undertake spiritual discipline.
                                Spiritual discipline involves loving God affectionately as your Mother, Father, Son, Friend, and Master, etc.
                                Intense favorable emotional attachment to God is the fruit of all spiritual practice.
                                It must be coupled with truthfulness, humility, forbearance, forgiveness, and love for all as your spiritual brethren (which solves the problem of gay, straight, transgender, black, white, red, woman, child rights you people keep going on and on about).

Please don't ban me.
                                Thank you.
                                Wow, this is amazing but I guess people are not ready to hear the truth which sucks but it is what it is.
                                Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

• ^ Very happy that you found...'God' Belting Believer and I assume are happy in your life regarding having a no proof faith.

But that post is incorrect on so many fronts, and half of it is an attack on science and progress.

But I guess we are in the random thought thread.
                                  Originally posted by SummerPeur
                                  Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                                  Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                  So does her microphone

Comment

I am like a broken record, but I will never ever be able to understand how can someone prefer winter to summer. Theres soooo much to do when the weather is nice, all the parks, river banks, sitting on grass, sun bathing, pools etc etc my life enegy goes up 1000% and it's all cuz it's already summer. I don't think I still realise it fully, but YAAAAHS winter ha stinky devil ass is over and go to pools in ffing May!
                                    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• Originally posted by Serby
                                      I am like a broken record, but I will never ever be able to understand how can someone prefer winter to summer. Theres soooo much to do when the weather is nice, all the parks, river banks, sitting on grass, sun bathing, pools etc etc my life enegy goes up 1000% and it's all cuz it's already summer. I don't think I still realise it fully, but YAAAAHS winter ha stinky devil ass is over and go to pools in ffing May!
                                      Bahhhh

Comment

I wanna catch the beehive in the streets

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest

Comment

• Originally posted by Serby
                                            Well, where I live, the summers become unbearably humid and overcast and sticky. I'll take cold over it any day. I'm always of the theory that it's easier to warm up when it's cold than it is to cool down when it's hot.

I'd like the summer if it wasn't 95 degrees outside and sticky, muggy and overcast all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest
                                              You remind me a lot of Monica
                                              Greatest Of All Time

Comment

Winter >>> Summer

95% of the time.

Comment

Winter >>> Summer

95% of the time.
                                                  0% of the time.

Comment

• September and October >>>> the rest of the year

I love the weather where it's in that "in between" summer and fall. Still warm enough to wear shorts but also cool enough that you can enjoy the breeze a lot more than when it's the dead of August.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X