This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rihab
    Cheers and Man Down were only released in select markets, CKB did extremely well for a country ballad and Calvin was a nobody before WFL, especially outside the UK.
    ''Feels So Close'' did become a hit before WFL.
    Cheers and Man Down were only released in select markets, CKB did extremely well for a country ballad
    Excuses, excuses...

Rihanna should go back to not singing in English (or at least to incorporate some of the Barbadian culture/dialect) and try scoring at least a moderate hit.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• It's Bajan, not Barbadian.
      be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• Originally posted by Serby
        It's Bajan, not Barbadian.
        Like..?
        [youtube:h9imsr31]mq3zqJD385k[/youtube:h9imsr31]
        Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Re: The Random Thought Thread

I was wrong,, both can be used.

Comment

• Barbadian sounds too much like Barbarian tho. Bajan >>>

Comment

• Originally posted by Serby
              It's Bajan, not Barbadian.
              ''Pon De Replay'' was not entirely Bajan, it was closer to an ambiguous Barbadian English (sort of?).

Comment

• [youtube:2vakqgub]Y1fiOJDXA-E[/youtube:2vakqgub]
                Most of us know Montserrat as an opera singer, but thanks to Freddie & Barcelona'92 she managed to have a UK#2 single.

Comment

Who tf is Lil Baby?

I seriously cannot keep up with all of these faceless Lil rappers
                  Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Ooo, shots of remy
                    Playin Confessions and our bodies blending

Comment

• Eminem never had a bigger hit before LTWYL?
                      What?

Plus literally his previous single had been a solo #1 in the US.
                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Rihanna is the reason Drake has a career???????? TF kind of lie is that???

Loose Yourself is Eminem's defining moment. Not no damn LTWYL
                        Diva!!!

Comment

• Online forum stans are really something else
                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Eminem’s career peaked the day I joined UKMix, obviously.
                            Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                              Rihanna is the reason Drake has a career???????? TF kind of lie is that???

well she gave him his first two #1 hits so that's that on that child.
                              COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
                                Originally posted by heppolo
                                Those lil quick singles do add up huh?
                                Actually they do not. MusicWeek vastly inflated the numbers, almost by 60% (or the singles are undercertified).
                                Yet still Ed Sheeran sold more, so Rihanna is a flop anyway.
                                I'm pretty sure that Mariah's Charmbracelet album (130k sold) + its physical singles... made more revenue (in pound sterling) than Dua Lipa's album and singles in the UK.
                                just keep telling yourself that honey.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat

u do u.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
                                    Originally posted by aRat

u do u.
                                    or i could do u

Comment

• [youtube:158b1oq0]8u965-x-l3w[/youtube:158b1oq0]

The classic jumped out.

Comment

Originally posted by TIfan

Drake was massive before getting with Rihanna. Lil Wayne is who he owes his career to. Not no damn Rihanna
                                        If anything, he gave her 2 number ones. He was the hot new artist that everyone was gravitating to when they first started, and he damn sure was bigger than her when Work came out.
                                        Diva!!!

Comment

[youtube:1xwpupqr]8u965-x-l3w[/youtube:1xwpupqr]

The classic jumped out.
                                          I always loved this tbh.

Comment

Yawn.
                                            Originally posted by SummerPeur
                                            Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                                            Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                            So does her microphone

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan

Quoted for truth. When I think of eminem, I think of "his palms are sweaty, there's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti", not of LTWYL.
                                              Music is the blood in my veins

Feel free to add me to your friends list :-)

Comment

well LTWYL is a classic & Eminem's biggest song this decade too so yall can drop the ball already...

Comment

[youtube:l6fzdbx8]8u965-x-l3w[/youtube:l6fzdbx8]

The classic jumped out.
                                                  This was a Bopppppppp

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover
                                                    Eminem never had a bigger hit before LTWYL?
                                                    What?
                                                    Originally posted by aRat

Drake was massive before getting with Rihanna. Lil Wayne is who he owes his career to. Not no damn Rihanna
                                                    Y‘all laugh as long as you want, numbers don‘t lie.

Comment

I just noticed that I can braid my chest..legs..ass hair...lol
                                                      YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Comment

• pics or it never happened

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab
                                                          Y‘all laugh as long as you want, numbers don‘t lie.
                                                          Oh please . . . Eminem has multiple Diamond albums, and his global Diamond certified hit song "Lose Yourself" has had more impact in music than any song Rihanna has released.

So don't really try it. Eminem is the biggest music artist of the past 20 years, no one is above him in terms of music success in the last 2 decades and he's pretty much the most influential music star of the 21st century.

The type of success he's reached is something Rihanna has never experienced. Eminem's albums success is up there with the likes of Michael Jackson, Madonna, Whitney Houston, Bruce Springsteen, Mariah Carey and the impact and pop culture dominance he achieved with his songs such as "Lose Yourself", "Stan" or "My Name Is" is a type of impact, legacy and influence Rihanna's songs have not experienced, not even "Umbrella", Rihanna is not in his league

So yeah, it was a big deal for Rihanna to work with him and not the other way around.
                                                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

*face palm*

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest
                                                              *face palm*

Comment

Working...
                                                              X