X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spiritboy
    I need new Madonna, Rihanna, Beyoncé and Gaga albums in my life :(
    I need these promised albums by Janet, Madonna, Mariah and Céline like right now. Finish them, b!tches.
    My Chart

Comment

• Re: The Random Thought Thread

Janet ain’t promised nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
        As always

Comment

• Also didn't know about a new Janet album? Also did not know about a promised Beyonce album
          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

I am feeling very uninspired by music these days. Not even new Xtina has me inspired. Music is so generic and average these days.
            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• New artists are making amazing stuff tho. Just imagine of one of the big names released something like Kali Uchis' Isolation.
              Floped and localed

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravity
                Just imagine of one of the big names released something like Kali Uchis' Isolation.
                The only one who could pull it off atm is Janet, maybe

Comment

Isolation gets a 3,5/10 from me. you're welcome.
                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy
                    I need new Madonna, Rihanna, Beyoncé and Gaga albums in my life :(
                    You are lucky with new albums on the way by Madonna, Lady Gaga and Rihanna.
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I'm 26, and I feel like I am too old to get into music of today.
                      Diva!!!

Comment

• My sister crashed my car today. The sis is fine, the car is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab
                          My sister crashed my car today. The sis is fine, the car is not.
                          I'm glad she's okay
                          Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                            Originally posted by Rihab
                            I'm glad she's okay
                            Yeah, me too. I’m not even angry although it’s her fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab
                              Originally posted by TIfan
                              Originally posted by Rihab
                              I'm glad she's okay
                              Yeah, me too. I’m not even angry although it’s her fault.
                              I walked to 7/11 this morning to get coffee, and there was a car accident right in front of me.

I got rid if my car in 2011, and have not gotten one everyone, although I can afford one. For some reason, I don't want one, although it would be nice to have one.
                              Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
                                No one asked for that wrong opinion of yours

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
                                  Originally posted by stevyy
                                  No one asked for that wrong opinion of yours
                                  I thought YOU did.
                                  My Chart

Comment

I'd be worried about my ears if you actually liked it.
                                    Floped and localed

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                                      This is why I gravitate more towards alternative-leaning artists... some of the best pop, urban and country music (I loathe pop country) out today falls in the alternative-friendly route (people think alternative only means rock bands like Pearl Jam and Red Hot Chili Peppers, but stuff like Janelle Monae, Kendrick Lamar and Jason Isbell are embraced by alternative audiences too). I would've sworn off new music a long time ago if I relied on top 40 radio as my foot in the present..
                                      My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
                                        She so should've surprised us with a new single (I think a surprise album wouldn't work given her fanbase is slightly older and still has to own a physical cd or vinyl) to coincide with the BBMA tribute.

Comment

I don't care for Top 40 but I can't stand hipster alternative audiences either.
                                          Floped and localed

Comment

• Originally posted by NothingFails
                                            This is why I gravitate more towards alternative-leaning artists... some of the best pop, urban and country music (I loathe pop country) out today falls in the alternative-friendly route (people think alternative only means rock bands like Pearl Jam and Red Hot Chili Peppers, but stuff like Janelle Monae, Kendrick Lamar and Jason Isbell are embraced by alternative audiences too). I would've sworn off new music a long time ago if I relied on top 40 radio as my foot in the present..
                                            see, that is why i follow YOU and what YOU like bc it's always really good. The Avett Bros. for example are brilliant.

I always say If John likes it, I like it. (But that being said, I am slightly younger than you, so I sometimes do enjoy Top 40 music)

I rebuke your hatred for Maroon 5 bc I cannot but drool over Adam and when he has 3-4 songs on an album which are listenable... then I'm going to stan.

+ Imagine Dragons are absolutely amazing. We disagree here as well...

But... Nickelback really did destroy whatever genre they were supposed to be.
                                            My Chart

Comment

do what I do... only listen to music by beautiful people.
                                              My Chart

Comment

I think what draws me in is because I tend to prefer to find artists who are going to be around for the long haul and it feels like most of those artists don't simply go away due to changing fads (like the majority of top 40 artists) but stuff that mattered in the alternative world 20-25 years ago still matters today. It's a place where you can find bands and artists who are here to stay, they might not be commercially relevant (Bjork's latest album peaked at #76 or something like that), but they're not going to quit making records after a flop single either. I can see someone like Father John Misty still doing his thing and still being great at it in 7-10 years after a lot of more commercial artists are going to have fallen off the map. Plus, alternative audiences aren't ageist either, on the one station I listen to, they were playing people like Prince, Bowie, Cohen and Petty's latter day works well before they passed away compared to how the mainstream audiences lamented work they did decades ago when they were a more "radio friendly" age. I don't agree with those who dispose of a favorite artist simply because they suddenly reached the age that they might "scare" Drake fans because old people are scary lol.

Comment

Originally posted by NothingFails
                                                  see, that is why i follow YOU and what YOU like bc it's always really good. The Avett Bros. for example are brilliant.

I always say If John likes it, I like it. (But that being said, I am slightly younger than you, so I sometimes do enjoy Top 40 music)

I rebuke your hatred for Maroon 5 bc I cannot but drool over Adam and when he has 3-4 songs on an album which are listenable... then I'm going to stan.

+ Imagine Dragons are absolutely amazing. We disagree here as well...

But... Nickelback really did destroy whatever genre they were supposed to be.

Well, Dan Reynolds is kind of sexy plus he did come out as a pro-gay Mormon so I give him props on that, but I do think ID have gotten way too commercialized pop for a supposed "rock band" lol.

Comment

that's nice
                                                    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Working...
                                                    X