X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheapthrills
    replied
    I think rap was underrepresented on the charts in the first half of the decade. I don't feel it's a coincidence that it's chart success parallels the rise of streaming.

Leave a comment:

• LastDreamer
    replied
    My top 15 female singers, based on their # 1 hits number in my retrospective charts (in alphabetical order) :
    Amy Macdonald
    Britney Spears
    Cilla Black
    Dana (Irish singer)
    Debbie Harry (Blondie)
    Dido
    Geri Halliwell
    Kim Wilde
    Lynsey De Paul
    Madonna
    Mary Hopkin
    Natalija Bunke (YVA)
    Petula Clark
    Shania Twain
    Twiggy

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Kween will revive it tho. She's in her flawless era.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    That’s why streaming services have to die.

I never thot I would ever be against black music but it’s dead anyway.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I don't think dance pop/edm will ever dominate streaming ever

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Ironically enough "4" aged like fine wine and much better than those generic dance pop / edm albums from the time, it literally sounds better than those albums today and that's why it's getting massive streams and surpassing all of those dance albums on every streaming platform.

So "4" won
    Thats coz streaming is dominated by urban listeners and urban is the in genre right now. It will look different when "generic dance pop / edm" will be dominating yet again in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    Sis 4lop was an R&B album released during the dance pop / edm domination. It would have flopped no matter what. Also IIRC 4lop had a ton of performances everywhere so it's not like it didn't have any Promo.
    I was trying to say if the Album was a IASF 2.0 it would've been over for the girl's

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    Sis 4lop was an R&B album released during the dance pop / edm domination. It would have flopped no matter what. Also IIRC 4lop had a ton of performances everywhere so it's not like it didn't have any Promo.
    Ironically enough "4" aged like fine wine and much better than those generic dance pop / edm albums from the time, it literally sounds better than those albums today and that's why it's getting massive streams and surpassing all of those dance albums on every streaming platform.

So "4" won

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
    The Girls are lucky that Bey had creative control, because if she was a label puppet the others wouldn't have survived. Imagine how big the 4 Album would've been with her label controlling everything

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan View Post
    When you look at sales and the markets, she did very well globally with DIL and IASF. Both albums sold well in North America, South America, Asia (DIL sold over 1 million+ here), AUS/NZ, Europe (Both albums sold near 3 million here) and Africa.

She was very successful around the world but her last 3 albums performed quite differently.
    Both Lemonade & ST could've moved 6M if her dad was still around. Parkwood is so Lost they honestly have no plans after 1st weeks

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    DOUBLE POST
    Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Fri October 18, 2019, 02:27.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Yeah I know that... Despite the sound I do think she's the biggest R&B / Urban artist to ever grace the world and music industry, so pretty cool regardless
    When you look at sales and the markets, she did very well globally with DIL and IASF. Both albums sold well in North America, South America, Asia (DIL sold over 1 million+ there), AUS/NZ, Europe (Both albums sold near 3 million here) and Africa.

She was very successful around the world but her last 3 albums performed quite differently.
    Last edited by TIfan; Fri October 18, 2019, 02:51.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Yeah I know that... Despite the sound I do think she's the biggest R&B / Urban artist to ever grace the world and music industry, so pretty cool regardless
    When you look at sales and the markets, she did very well globally with DIL and IASF. Both albums sold well in North America, South America, Asia (DIL sold over 1 million+ here), AUS/NZ, Europe (Both albums sold near 3 million here) and Africa.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    This reminds me of a black colleague who couldn't tell some of our white colleagues apart "because white people all look the same".
    I’m so empathetic.

Leave a comment:

• WEBofDESIRE
    replied
    The idea that anyone under 75 years of age would listen to Barry Manilow by choice...

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    My 15 most listened to male artists (in the last four years):
    03. Gerard Joling
    04. Neil Diamond
    07. Jamai
    09. Rick Astley
    10. Michael Bolton
    12. Marco Borsato
    14. Jim Reeves
    Your top 15 ranked by MY scrobbles:

01 - 11 - 4,858 - Michael Jackson
    02 - 13 - 3,302 - Calum Scott
    03 - 02 - 2,508 - Sam Smith
    04 - 01 - 1,397 - Michael Bublé
    05 - 08 - 0,291 - George Michael
    06 - 15 - 0,152 - Luther Vandross
    07 - 05 - 0,016 - Lionel Richie
    08 - 06 - 0,007 - Barry Manilow

0 plays for the rest

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
    The Girls are lucky that Bey had creative control, because if she was a label puppet the others wouldn't have survived. Imagine how big the 4 Album would've been with her label controlling everything
    4 would not exist with label control....

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    My 15 most listened to male artists (in the last four years):

01. Michael Bublé
    02. Sam Smith
    03. Gerard Joling
    04. Neil Diamond
    05. Lionel Richie
    06. Barry Manilow
    07. Jamai
    08. George Michael
    09. Rick Astley
    10. Michael Bolton
    11. Michael Jackson
    12. Marco Borsato
    13. Calum Scott
    14. Jim Reeves
    15. Luther Vandross

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mariahmatherspacker
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    were those entirely single-handedly self-penned and self-produced or just some credits given for the tiniest bit of lyrics or the faintest idea of melody (like in AIWFCIY)?
    “Single-handedly self-penned” lol how ridiculous

You do know that the majority of songwriters have writing partners right? You do know that everyone from Adele to Alanis Morissette co-write most of their songs as opposed to “single-handedly self-penning” every single one right? Does that mean they deserve less credit? A good writer knows how to collaborate.

FYI Mariah’s co-writer & producer for AIWFCIY has said himself that she pretty much wrote the whole thing and his contribution was more on the production side so stop talking out your ass

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
    Because they're all black?
    This reminds me of a black colleague who couldn't tell some of our white colleagues apart "because white people all look the same".

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post
    So Diana, Donna and Dionne are NOT the same person..

Because they're all black?

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Joni

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    were those entirely single-handedly self-penned and self-produced or just some credits given for the tiniest bit of lyrics or the faintest idea of melody (like in AIWFCIY)?
    seethe, girl... or even better... stream Mariah's 19th #1 single, Xmas II U.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X