X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    Who is to blame? Females themselves. What they do not understand is that sex sells in the US and UK (the anglo markets), but popstitutes are loathes as something inferior in the German mindset.
    This would make sense if female pop stars with a non-sexual image (the Pinks, Lordes and Adeles) were still scoring hits. But only the popstitutes (Ari, Dua, Camila) have scored multiple hits since Rih left the scene and Katy started flopping.

Imo, it has more to do with the fact that popular music goes through cycles. At the moment, rap dominates all other genres and rap is still a male-dominated genre. Women dominated when pop dominated from 2005-2013 and they will make a comeback when pop makes a comeback OR when more women break into rap (we're already seeing this on a national level with Aya Nakamura in France and Juju / Shirin / Loredana in Germany).

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

Is it true that this song is about daddies with big d*cks?
    this + Sin Pijama = the best basic bops of the last few years, luvv it

oh and, yes

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    It's sad. Because imo. Females do it better than men

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post
    As far as I recall it was the same when I was in highschool. It wasn't cool to listen to females period. Don't think that's a new or current thing.
    It's always been like that in America. More so to do with sexuality from a man. In America if a man enjoys female musicians he is gay to the GP. That's why I like watching performances from beyonce, Rihanna & more from European countries. Because it's like the crowd doesn't care what you are

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Is it true that this song is about daddies with big d*cks?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Germany is a special case. In the 1960s and 1970s, I think, female acts in general were at their peak concerning domestic acts.

In the 1980s and 1990s international female dominated the market [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]

Ever since the advent of the digital age male acts have completely and totally swept the female artist out of public consciousness. There are a few successful ones, but you can count them on one hand literally and they are far spread. Anastacia and Nelly Furtado for the first half of the 2000s, then maybe Rihanna in the second half... but since then international females can only get like 1 era and then fade away.

Right now [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION] we only have Helene and Sarah Connor left for domestic artists, literally everyone else is not successful.

I encounter the hate too... well it's not really hate, but female acts are not taken seriously here anymore.

Who is to blame? Females themselves. What they do not understand is that sex sells in the US and UK (the anglo markets), but popstitutes are loathes as something inferior in the German mindset. And I have to agree with that notion. They really are.

I am invested in finding local bands and those which I have found like Leoniden from Kiel or KLAN are so much better than anything on the international level. Today you need a penis in order to be successful here and my ghey heart likes it a lot.
    If that were the case then bland nuns like Celina would be dominating the market but they are not.

Also the only 2 successful german females you mentioned are both popstitutes so what gives?

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Germany is a special case. In the 1960s and 1970s, I think, female acts in general were at their peak concerning domestic acts.

In the 1980s and 1990s international female dominated the market [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]

Ever since the advent of the digital age male acts have completely and totally swept the female artist out of public consciousness. There are a few successful ones, but you can count them on one hand literally and they are far spread. Anastacia and Nelly Furtado for the first half of the 2000s, then maybe Rihanna in the second half... but since then international females can only get like 1 era and then fade away.

Right now [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION] we only have Helene and Sarah Connor left for domestic artists, literally everyone else is not successful.

I encounter the hate too... well it's not really hate, but female acts are not taken seriously here anymore.

Who is to blame? Females themselves. What they do not understand is that sex sells in the US and UK (the anglo markets), but popstitutes are loathes as something inferior in the German mindset. And I have to agree with that notion. They really are.

I am invested in finding local bands and those which I have found like Leoniden from Kiel or KLAN are so much better than anything on the international level. Today you need a penis in order to be successful here and my ghey heart likes it a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    Can someone explain to me why todays kids refuse to play anything sung by a woman? All my nephews and nieces are like this and I have seen many other children behave like this. Like what's up with todays generation? Where is the blatant women hate coming from?

Back when I was in school literally no one cared about the singer's gender as long as the song was a bop. Everyone on school would be blasting songs by Rihanna, Shakira, Nelly Furtado, Beyonce etc. What has changed since then?
    Not everyone can have taste. But you have. Bless you.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    As far as I recall it was the same when I was in highschool. It wasn't cool to listen to females period. Don't think that's a new or current thing.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Can someone explain to me why todays kids refuse to play anything sung by a woman? All my nephews and nieces are like this and I have seen many other children behave like this. Like what's up with todays generation? Where is the blatant women hate coming from?

Back when I was in school literally no one cared about the singer's gender as long as the song was a bop. Everyone on school would be blasting songs by Rihanna, Shakira, Nelly Furtado, Beyonce etc. What has changed since then?

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    But you love 69.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    I was doing a lil grocery shopping and this made me think of you, [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet.
    I hate Sauerkraut

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    I was doing a lil grocery shopping and this made me think of you, [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    There's something about Janet that annoys me, can't put my finger on it. I also don't like her type of choreography.
    Most of her songs sound the same with the odd exception and thematically she became very stagnated from the mid 90s

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I like Taylor Swift as a musician and as a person. My favorite album of hers is '1989', but I enjoy 'Speak Now' and 'reputation.', especially since they all have an own musical identify. I think Taylor Swift is a likeable person, but of course we can only judge what the celebrities want us to see... The private celebrity might be a totally different person.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    This is so inaccurate and fake. Janet's music is still universally banned on youtube in many counries, albeit it got a little better.

People who do not factor in that she was backlisted from 2004- talk out of their asses.
    What countries YouTube is Janet Jackson banned from? Is that in any way true or something you just invented. Also her black listing was in the US only.

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    [MENTION=4090]stevyy[/MENTION] Honestly, I consider RED to be her most mature record to date. It seems as if she went all Benjamin Button from there...

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
    Janet & Her 500M spotify streams, 250m YouTube streams are nowhere near legendary. Maybe a icon. Bye
    This is so inaccurate and fake. Janet's music is still universally banned on youtube in many counries, albeit it got a little better.

People who do not factor in that she was backlisted from 2004- talk out of their asses.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Taylor only has 1 really good album, 1989, and many many mediocre albums.

Her whole victim schtick is so annoying... she acts like a black woman from the 1950s ie a real victim of society (which is still true for today), Taylor on the other hand gets everything handed to her, EVERYTHING... if she were alive when Rosa Parks boarded that infamous bus, she (taylor) would have been the driver.

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied
    I'm not familiar with Janet's discography since I didn't grow up with her music but "Feedback" and that one song with Khia were major bops.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Girl

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan View Post
    Beyoncé screams and growls too much nowadays. She must be losing her range, which is why she can't hit a clear high note to save the oceans.
    Aww somebody's feelings been hurt.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Beyoncé screams and growls too much nowadays. She must be losing her range, which is why she can't hit a clear high note to save the oceans.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    There's something about Janet that annoys me, can't put my finger on it. I also don't like her type of choreography.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X