No announcement yet.

The LGBT Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is it usual to live with your parents until you marry ? 90 percent of people leave their parents home at 18.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
      Was the girl coming from another country? In some places, it's usual to live with your parents until you marry, so she might've used that as standard first. I wonder whether the same conversation would've happened in my country as there are actually quite a few options possible even after the third 'no'.
      She was Dutch. It was around 1996, when marriage was more common than today.
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        Where is it usual to live with your parents until you marry ? 90 percent of people leave their parents home at 18.
        True. However, children are very old-fashioned.
        They know I'm gay, but they won't say a thing when I talk to a male colleague, but when I talk to a female colleague it has happened that a child came up to us and asked if we were in love.
        Most children want to get married, think it will be possible to become a famous singer or earn millions playing football/soccer.
        And if they could vote, most would vote for the Green Party.
        They still believe in dreams. Maybe that's why I love to work with children.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Oh children <3 !

90% of people moving out ad soon as they're 18? Maybe in the US or Scandinavia. In many Africa, muslim, Southern European countries (especially Italy) and East Asia, it's usual to live with your parents until you're married.

Comment

Working...
          X