Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fonts

Are there any font freaks here?

What are your favourite fonts? Which ones do you hate (aside from Comic Sans which is hated by default because it's just awful and needs to disappear from this world)?

Also, what are the best/worst fonts used on an album cover?

Some funny/interesting articles:
    The Best and Worst Fonts to Use on Your Résumé
    What Your Favorite Font Says About You
    last.fm

Papyrus is quite detestable as well.
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

DeadCRT
      FunSized
      bjotopemono
      Outerspace Militia
      Liquid Crystal
      My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

my recent fave (out of the default ones in Word) is Candara. I also like Garamond, Segoe Ul and Franklin Gothic Book. they're like less basic versions of Times New Roman, Calibri and Arial.

absolutely hate Calibri, it's so basic, I can't at people using it in their papers or presentations, like can you bother even less? Literally the equivalent of wearing sweatpants. at least Times New Roman has the old classic status and is still demanded in MLA writing and such, Calibri is just lame

oh and all of the "this looks like handwriting, but it's a totally obvious font" fonts are also lame and illegible
        last.fm

Comment

Comic Papyrus ftw.

Comment

One program I used had a font in called "A years supply of fairy cakes".

My favourite is Cooper or Copper Black.

I also like Helvetica, but it's not always possible to have that installed on your computer since they charge for it. So you have to contend with look a likes, such as Geneva.
            The only trouble with the above font and of that type (excuse the pun). Is the "i" it can look like an "l" at times.

I currently have 662 fonts on my computer directory of them!!
            Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

Comment

Comic Sans is very useful if you design a questionnaire for Primary School children.

The basic fonts I use everyday: Calibri, Cambria, Times New Roman, Arial. I guess if you want to be taken serious, you can't really use other fonts for a submission of a scientific paper (convince me of something else, please). Therefore, Calibri is my favourite font. Just because it doesn't get you into trouble. I don't like Arial.
              last.fm
              Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

Originally posted by Chun
                Comic Sans is very useful if you design a questionnaire for Primary School children.

The basic fonts I use everyday: Calibri, Cambria, Times New Roman, Arial. I guess if you want to be taken serious, you can't really use other fonts for a submission of a scientific paper (convince me of something else, please). Therefore, Calibri is my favourite font. Just because it doesn't get you into trouble. I don't like Arial.
                I agree about the use of Comic Sans for kids, in all other contexts it's unacceptable, but for activities concerning children (esp. in teaching) it's great

for scientific papers I think Times New Roman is the best one, it's very classic and serious. I'll never warm up to Calibri despite it being the default font in Microsoft Word, hate it

Garamond and Palatino Linotype are cool replacements for TNR and I see them all the time in books and scientific articles
                last.fm

Comment

I love using DIN Next Rounded fonts for any occasions. It's so friendly.

Comment

I use Comic Sans a lot for my teaching materials because it's one of the few fonts where the 'a' is the same as most people actually write it

Comment

I despise Comic Sans.

And I have a grotesque hatred for Times New Roman - like seriously, I won't read something if it's in that font.

I use either Trebuchet or Calibri.

Comment

Originally posted by abi
                        I love using DIN Next Rounded fonts for any occasions. It's so friendly.

Same <3

I am literally OBSESSED with great fonts and have a huge collection of them lol

Comment

Originally posted by Era
                          I am literally OBSESSED with great fonts and have a huge collection of them lol
                          Same!

You guys can download many free fonts on Behance that's very contemporary-looking.

My faves are:
                          - Baron Neue (not sure if I spelt it right, but yeah this font never gets old)
                          - Adam
                          - Gotham Bold
                          - that one font I used as the main logo for my Chris Brown fanmade artwork, forget what's the name and unfortunately it's not available to purchase anymore (I think) but it's very unique looking. Kinda like the font that BANKS uses for her album Goddess but with less strokes/patterns.

Comment

The one Abi posted is nice. It's soft but sensible.

Was that one on Behancé as well?

Comment

^I don't think so unfortunately.

I just looked up the price on myfonts.com, and it's up for $49.00. Goodbye.

Fortunately I got this font for free last year when I took an internship, the company used this font for their logo as well as for other occasions so they kinda gave it away for me yay.

Comment

Working...
                              X