This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anxiety, Depression & Mental Health

Do you have experiences? Is there something what really helped you overcome the emptiness, being sick of yourself?
    nekoo.cz - follow me

Only know the feeling of being depressed often, but would not say these are serious depressions. Music often helps for me. But this is for sure not the thing you are searching for cause it's something more serious
    Movies also help me, so all in all diving into other worlds
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by nekoocz
      Do you have experiences? Is there something what really helped you overcome the emptiness, being sick of yourself?
      Back to basics. Abstain from things that drain you emotionally. Like not visiting news websites, listening to radio but walking away when it's news time (as all these bad news contributes to your mindset). Professional help is most welcome but first get yourself and mind in order before you look to other people to "cure" you. It may sound whack but subscribe to motivational accounts on Twitter. They will elevate you from the state you are in.

Listen to fun music. Watch slapstick comedy. Nothing serious.
      Remember, if something happens to you today, the world moves in like normal tomorrow. And lastly. What some people would give for an extra day in this earth (death by cancer, car accidents etc).

And one last thing, visualize the life you want and use that as a tool to push you forward. As Gandhi said, your thoughts become your words, words become actions and actions become destiny. So it all starts with positive thoughts and it all will flow from there.
      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

You have to surround yourself with positive people. Exercise also helps and if you're inclined to sports or music or creative arts, pursue it!

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
          You have to surround yourself with positive people. Exercise also helps and if you're inclined to sports or music or creative arts, pursue it!
          i agree with getback, i think surrounding yourself with great people is the best way to overcome it

Comment

Originally posted by nekoocz
            As long as you stay away from any type of medication you will find your way through it. If you are suspecting symptomatic anxiety cutting down caffeine and alcohol for a few days ( if you are taking those two substances on a daily basis for long time cut them down gradually) usually does wonders.
            jio CHARTS NOW: 21/9/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10468623

Comment

Thank you everyone for your time and sharing your thoughts. I do feel better today (it strangely happens once a week). I am tired, but i will share my thoughts. Thank you
              nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Yes. I take clonazepam and zolpidem daily. Can't sleep without them, unless I get drunk.

My life went downhill since february. Lost my job, my family, everything, and had other health problems. Hopefully I'll get better, I have no plans on living a life with chronic insomnia.
                >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan
                  My life went downhill since february. Lost my job, my family, everything, and had other health problems. Hopefully I'll get better, I have no plans on living a life with chronic insomnia.
                  :(

Sending u light and love. I honestly hope and believe u'll get better! <3

Comment

I've had it on and off, one thing is to try and cut toxic sources out of your life. I pretty much ignore my sister because she is such a miserable glass-half-empty person who only tries to drag me to her level. She's the type of hysterical person who could have a doctor tell her that she should have no problem living until 104 and she would hear is "I'm gonna die!!!!!!!". My dad's not been in the best health of late and she's always a "Dad's gonna die!!!" type who only wants to cry about the inevitable instead of enjoying the blessings and time he is here, and he may have another 5-10 years left, but all she hears is "Dad's gonna die!!!!" and that stuff only rubs off on me and makes me worse. She's dead to me, especially since the whole incident with a cat that my partner and I were trying to foster.
                    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

^-- that sucks.. But you shouldn't have dissed the Lovely Bones! (Is that the same one?) lol
                      #Pray4AL6

Comment

Originally posted by MrRager
                        ^-- that sucks.. But you shouldn't have dissed the Lovely Bones! (Is that the same one?) lol
                        lol.... my sister is the one I mentioned, her lesbian partner is the one who got mad over The Lovely Bones and I haven't spoken to in 5-6 years over

I'm beginning to think they deserve one another. After my dad this summer and the incident with a cat we were trying to adopt and her grim view of the world, I've reached the point where I want nothing to do with her. Dad is 80 and he has heart problems but why not enjoy the time he's here instead of whining about the inevitable. She pulled this with my mother already (where when mom was diagnosed with the disease that killed her *eight years later* she went all hysterical "MOM'S GONNA DIE!!!" in the hospital) and I refuse to deal with her toxic negativity a second time, she spent so much time dreading mom dying that she didn't even try to enjoy her while she was still here. To think this is a woman who beat breast cancer.... usually that should be something that puts you in better spirits because you stared death in the face and won, yet she's still the miserable cow she was when mom was diagnosed with emphysema 20 years ago.

I too suffer from depression but the difference is that I want to "win", I try my damndest to look at every bad thing with a positive attitude even if it kills me. My sister otoh is so damn miserable I wonder why she even bothered treatment considering all she wants to do is look at the glass half empty anyways.

Comment

Dang, must be hard to deal with all that negativity but at the end of the day she's your sister and should stick together! Everyone is different and deals with stuff in their own way. You tried talking to her about how it effects you given the curcumstances?
                          #Pray4AL6

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan
                            Yes. I take clonazepam and zolpidem daily. Can't sleep without them, unless I get drunk.

So sad to hear this
                            Sending you smiles and love darling!
                            Realy hope things will get better for you! ?
                            You drew stars around my scars

Comment

Originally posted by MrRager
                              Dang, must be hard to deal with all that negativity but at the end of the day she's your sister and should stick together! Everyone is different and deals with stuff in their own way. You tried talking to her about how it effects you given the curcumstances?
                              I think she actually wants me to be as negative and bitter as her and live life with the dwelling of inevitable bad things instead of taking each day as it is. Sorry, if I had her outlook on life, I'd rather just kill myself because how bitter she is is no way to live.... she does not know how to ever look at things with the glass half full or look at the bright side of anything and I seriously resent her for trying to pull her negativity around dad when he needs optimism and not some grown woman who thinks she's a goth teenager trying to drag him down and make him feel hopeless. She is so damn morbid that you could tell her you're having a baby and she'd probably think "well he or she is going to die one of these days"

Comment

^^ sounds just like my parents.

I'm trying my best not to be eaten alive by anxiety and depression.
                                Sometimes it's very hard, like this whole year. :x
                                Floped and localed

Comment

Yes, I've had low mood for years now but I've been battling depression, anxiety and symptoms of psychosis for two and a half years now since I had a breakdown following a plethora of things that lead to it. I've taken a variety of tablets and I don't find medicine very useful; when I first started using them I think I was really naive and believed that they would make me better outright, when in reality they are there to control things. Still, I'd rather not be on them. I've had three types of individual therapies, the first was with the Early Intervention in Psychosis service, the second was Interpersonal therapy (which I didn't think too much of, and since it only deals with depression there were underlying issues that this type of therapy couldn't resolve); now I'm about to complete Psychoanalytical therapy this month which has been extremely beneficial if demanding and difficult. I'd like to also go into group therapy afterwards which I think could help bring the whole talking therapy process full circle. I'd recommend it fully to anybody struggling to make sense of their mental illness and thriving towards a better and more fulfilling future. I think it's so sad in this day and age that mental health is still stigmatised in the way that it is. If anybody is struggling and wants to talk, feel free to send me a message please; I'll be here to listen.

Comment

I got issues with anxiety too (as most people I guess) and also have family problems for a long long while now so I can understand what NothingFails is saying. Being from a very small country, throwing toxic family members out of your life is not really an option (or it is but it takes whole lot of more courage than it would take in a big country), so I somehow have to live with it. There are other sources of anxiety too... I don't know if I am successful in fighting it, I guess I am more successful in ignoring it but each has to find his own way.

As far as meds are concerned I understand that there are situations where you just have to use them so I am not really against anybody using them with good reason. That said there is overprescribing and overuse of psychotropic medicine for things they shouldn't be used for and I detest this.
                                    jio CHARTS NOW: 21/9/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10468623

Comment

The main reason I left home and moved to America was to run away from the old fashioned ideas and thinking of the people I grew up with.

Too much drama and creates anxiety and depression by trying to dimish people and make them feel bad about themselves.

If I haven't left Portugal 7 years ago, I would be in the deep rock bottom by now.
                                      “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

Has any of you ever had experiences with psychiatric wards? What can you tell me about the aftermath? Are relapses frequent and how can you handle them?
                                        I am deeply concerned about a person very close to me (that's basically the reason why I quit FB and I was about to quit the forum two weeks ago) and I really don't know what to do and how to act to make them feel better.

I really need advice from people that had direct experience with this kind of situation.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
                                          Has any of you ever had experiences with psychiatric wards? What can you tell me about the aftermath? Are relapses frequent and how can you handle them?
                                          I am deeply concerned about a person very close to me (that's basically the reason why I quit FB and I was about to quit the forum two weeks ago) and I really don't know what to do and how to act to make them feel better.

I really need advice from people that had direct experience with this kind of situation.
                                          Do you mean what's the outlook of a person hospitalized in a psychiatric ward? I don't think anyone can answer that question, it varies. It generally depends on the person's condition and outlook (how he himself takes the situation), whether he faces an acute issue (in which case the outlook is generally very favorable) or a chronic condition, and of course it depends very much on the facility itself and the methods they are using. In psychiatric conditions relapses are frequent (caused both by the conditions themselves, the way environmental factors affect the conditions (and here is where you come in, if it's a dear friend of yours he will need all the support and positivity he can get from you) and the fact that if the person needs to be medicated chronically, the potency of the vast majority of psychiatric drugs lessens over time so changes should and will be made and in those periods relapses are common since the patient is practically not covered by meds) but that's why a person generally chooses to change certain features of his previous life once hospitalization is over. So that's when you really see the results. In general the less disruption in his/her normal life there is, the better. That said, outlook for a treated patient is much better than a non-treated patient.

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                                            Originally posted by ArmyOfMe

Do you mean what's the outlook of a person hospitalized in a psychiatric ward? I don't think anyone can answer that question, it varies. It generally depends on the person's condition and outlook (how he himself takes the situation), whether he faces an acute issue (in which case the outlook is generally very favorable) or a chronic condition, and of course it depends very much on the facility itself and the methods they are using. In psychiatric conditions relapses are frequent (caused both by the conditions themselves, the way environmental factors affect the conditions (and here is where you come in, if it's a dear friend of yours he will need all the support and positivity he can get from you) and the fact that if the person needs to be medicated chronically, the potency of the vast majority of psychiatric drugs lessens over time so changes should and will be made and in those periods relapses are common since the patient is practically not covered by meds) but that's why a person generally chooses to change certain features of his previous life once hospitalization is over. So that's when you really see the results. In general the less disruption in his/her normal life there is, the better. That said, outlook for a treated patient is much better than a non-treated patient.
                                            Thank you for this. I will try to give her all my support, perhaps I should stop feel helpless and impotent. I think what she has is an acute issue that was the culmination of something she had accumulated over time, hopefully with the right treatment her way from now on is up.

Comment

Im better now i got transfer to different hotel and different department, im learning new things and i do enjoy that. I was stucked in one place, tired of working till late night etc.
                                              nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

I believe that to understand mental disorders, we must talk about them. If you have one, or know someone with it, or even just want to state some opinions on how it's being dealt with, comment on!
                                                Please Stop the Music

Comment

I have my down days - In fact, since turning 27 last month I've really struggled. The thought of turning 30 terrifies me as I haven't achieved half of the things that I wish I would have by now. My love life pretty much sucks and I can't honestly say I've had many good experiences/moments that I can look back on in years to come. Losing my hair in my early twenties also really knocked my confidence.

God this sounds so depressing but I'm just being honest here. What always brings me back to earth is the thought that their are others out there who have it much worse - battling life changing and terminal illnesses yet still stay optimistic, so I have to try and do the same.
                                                  "Music is what gives us memories. The longer a song has existed in our lives, the more memories we have of it."

Last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                  X