Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anxiety, Depression & Mental Health

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I got hit by tinnitus about 8 days ago and it's really terrible most days... I know it may go away but I am trying to brace myself mentally that it will stay with me forever so I won't get disappointed. The other thing is that I used to literally live with music on all the time when I am home, jogging, commuting etc (which is probably what's caused it in the first place), so now having to be in a music-less world or with music being really really low is difficult.

    EDIT: plus my Brandy "B7" cd arrived three days into tinnitus so I said to myself I am not listening to it until this goes away or at least until I am perfectly sure it won't so it is still wrapped-up :( ... my goal is for this to go by end of September which is when my Prince-Sign O The Times super-deluxe is about to arrive
    Last edited by jio; Sun August 30, 2020, 09:34.
    jio CHARTS NOW: 26/10/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10487417

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Serby View Post
      Re: Anxiety, Depression & Mental Health

      Sis,, with fp at power now, they control marriages more than taxes.
      Serby, I might not be of much help but what I've learned in life is that whatever we plan for our lives usually does not happen. Life has a way of taking us someplace else (I don't mean physically but emotionally, career-wise etc). Also many things that look like a mountain and too much to bear one day, tend to lose their seriousness in a different day.

      I cannot offer advise on how to skip sociology and how to stay in Austria. And Covid has put everyone's plans on the back burner for a while. But I am sure things are not as bad as they seem.
      Last edited by jio; Sun August 30, 2020, 09:48.
      jio CHARTS NOW: 26/10/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10487417

      Comment


      • Originally posted by aRat View Post
        Sis didn't wanna say it but you can also marry someone and that would also solve many of your problems. Especially now that ghey marriage is allowed in Germany. Get yourself a german daddy at the border and put a ring on it.
        That's a terrible idea lol
        jio CHARTS NOW: 26/10/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10487417

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jio View Post

          Serby, I might not be of much help but what I've learned in life is that whatever we plan for our lives usually does not happen. Life has a way of taking us someplace else (I don't mean physically but emotionally, career-wise etc). Also many things that look like a mountain and too much to bear one day, tend to lose their seriousness in a different day.

          I cannot offer advise on how to skip sociology and how to stay in Austria. And Covid has put everyone's plans on the back burner for a while. But I am sure things are not as bad as they seem.
          Very sorry to inform you (& remind myself) but Serby took his life because of the problems he had with his visa & studies.

          Still excellent advice though. Life really does love to screw all your plans and take you to paths you had never envisioned.
          BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
          98 - OUT

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Tansike View Post
            No idea where to post, so I try it here.

            Are there other people who are completely stressed out mentally because of the current situation we're in? Like the Coronavirus, people getting more and more toxic (online fanbases, social media in general) and the whole Trump presidency? It all only gets worse and the worse it gets, the more I feel like I'm from another planet, because I just don't get why people can be so stupid, hateful etc., it completely stresses me out.
            Yes sis, I completely get you. It really feels like the world is getting more
            • superficial & shallow thanks to social media (or better yet social media is just showcasing what what already there). Everyone seems to be obsessed with money, status, cars, looks, brand clothes & stuff in general
            • hateful & toxic thanks to the right wing rising everywhere and maintaining a grip
            These phenomenons were always there but weren't so in your face and one could simply remove oneself from environments where these phenomenons were present but like you said now it feels like the whole planet is getting that way and one feels like an alien and out of place.

            The whole Corona situation is also still heavily limiting quality of life for most people (especially when it comes to socialising & recreation).
            All in all it's a challenging time.


            BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
            98 - OUT

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Tansike View Post
              No idea where to post, so I try it here.

              Are there other people who are completely stressed out mentally because of the current situation we're in? Like the Coronavirus, people getting more and more toxic (online fanbases, social media in general) and the whole Trump presidency? It all only gets worse and the worse it gets, the more I feel like I'm from another planet, because I just don't get why people can be so stupid, hateful etc., it completely stresses me out.
              My husband finds it very hard to handle at times, so I try to discourage him reading Twitter and other social media. The thing is, he loves Twitter/Facebook and talkshows/newsprograms on tv. I don't understand how we have access to all the music in the world, information, series/movies, can easily contact people around the world, but still not seem to have enough. I don't understand where all the hate comes from and why so many are dissatisfied.
              My Instagram... - Click here

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jio View Post
                I got hit by tinnitus about 8 days ago and it's really terrible most days... I know it may go away but I am trying to brace myself mentally that it will stay with me forever so I won't get disappointed. The other thing is that I used to literally live with music on all the time when I am home, jogging, commuting etc (which is probably what's caused it in the first place), so now having to be in a music-less world or with music being really really low is difficult.

                EDIT: plus my Brandy "B7" cd arrived three days into tinnitus so I said to myself I am not listening to it until this goes away or at least until I am perfectly sure it won't so it is still wrapped-up :( ... my goal is for this to go by end of September which is when my Prince-Sign O The Times super-deluxe is about to arrive
                Hope you get well. The thought of getting tinnitus scares me so much that I've stopped listening to music with earplugs eventhough I always turned the volume way down low.
                My Instagram... - Click here

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jio View Post
                  I got hit by tinnitus about 8 days ago and it's really terrible most days... I know it may go away but I am trying to brace myself mentally that it will stay with me forever so I won't get disappointed. The other thing is that I used to literally live with music on all the time when I am home, jogging, commuting etc (which is probably what's caused it in the first place), so now having to be in a music-less world or with music being really really low is difficult.

                  EDIT: plus my Brandy "B7" cd arrived three days into tinnitus so I said to myself I am not listening to it until this goes away or at least until I am perfectly sure it won't so it is still wrapped-up :( ... my goal is for this to go by end of September which is when my Prince-Sign O The Times super-deluxe is about to arrive
                  Sorry to hear that, I got tinnitus a year ago and it sucks so much. Mine never went away, but it did improve a lot since when I first got it, I only notice it at bedtime most days (and need weed to fall asleep).

                  As for music, I still use earphones normally, obviously I don’t blast the music to max, but I didn’t stop listening to music because of it. Had to stop going to raves (reason I got tinnitus in the first place) which still hurts me and I am kinda still grieving that part of my life... but I plan on maybe trying again when I’m ready & with quality earplugs for protection.

                  Really hope that yours goes away, but if not, it will definitely be less prominent than now. My first couple of weeks were horrible, nowadays I never notice it during the day.

                  Just don’t be in a musicless world forever, tinnitus sucks enough as it is, not listening to music just makes it worse. be careful about the volume though.
                  last.fm

                  Comment


                  • I wanted to share something with you guys:

                    Me, up until 1995 I was a pretty happy child and then young man. In 1994, I went to study in Slovakia
                    - In 1995, for reasons and actions I do not want to get into (mainly because I am not comfortable with sharing too many personal information online), my world in my home country shattered, destroyed and I ended up subjected to enormous psychological (and once physical) abuse. It was the time my childhood ended. It was also the time I specified in my mind where paradise was (Slovakia) and where hell was (Cyprus)
                    - The next few years I established a life for myself as a student in Slovakia where was the only place I could feel alive and well. When I was visiting Cyprus I was not living, nor did I want to live. I was just waiting for the time to go back
                    - In 1999, I failed uni and I decided to not return home. On the day I was supposed to fly home, I wrote a goodbye letter to my parents and I threw my SIM card outside the window. I still remember that night vividly. I remember there were fireworks on the background. Plan was to leave for Germany with 100 euros on me and no further plan. Way too stupid if you ask me now but those were more innocent times and I was 23. Of course due to my parents notifying the police as soon as they saw I was not back and they couldn't reach me, my run-away days were not more than 3 or 4.
                    - What followed was more fighting, more arguments, more hell until I decided to get back to uni not because I wanted really but because I wanted an escape. That was my last year in Slovakia. In 2000 I finished and returned back on the basis of a promise that was never fulfileld.
                    - Late 2000 I was on the top floor of a building contemplating jumping down and ending it all. I didn't because I chickened out. Not because I saw purpose in life
                    -2001 I visited Slovakia for the last time. I was there for a week and I barely went out. I stayed in my hotel room with my friend or alone in mourning. It was the end of chapter 1, I guess.

                    And then I came back and established a life here. I did extreme things, I had fun, I got bored, I compromised, I grew up. I never think of these years and it took me a good half-decade to reconnect with old friends from that time because it was not easy for me. Interestingly, everytime I have high fever, I see very colourful dreams in Bratislava but otherwise I don't think about it.

                    The person that I was then is pretty much gone, even though I never jumped. I changed. The pretiness of the coming-of-age years is that you are idealistic, uncompromising and full of dreams and wishes, so beautiful and so physically strong. Passing from those years to the cynical, compromising, dirty "real" adulthood can be challenging. Some people never passed and are still young and beautiful in the memories of the ones who loved them. I know a couple myself. Others passed with traumas, others more successfully. But most of us did kill our younger selves by compromising. But that's how life is I guess. I achieved other things, I travelled, I learned. I don't regret not jumping

                    My point is, if you ever feel like jumping down a high building like I did back in 2000 or like other people did more recently, please talk to someone. And if you have nobody to talk, talk to me. No matter what happens, life is always worth living.
                    jio CHARTS NOW: 26/10/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10487417

                    Comment


                    • Good to hear you didn't jump jio

                      I always have a little fear in the back of my head of losing someone I love because of mental health issues. My husband's father and his uncle died young because of this.

                      I also believe that life is worth living. But for me, it is just the other way round. As a child, I had a hard time moving around the world and having a father who had difficulty for loving me as I am. So I always had this one line in my head: "One day, it's my turn."
                      I always held hope and that's probably why Mariah's songs inspired me so much: "Prayed through the nights."

                      It all turned out very well.
                      My Instagram... - Click here

                      Comment


                      • I'm finished guys. Any chance of being a homeowner or career is gone. I have had a diabolical 12 months, which in itself is one of the main reasons I haven't posted or visited the site much. I'll just have to settle for another type of lifestyle.

                        In terms of my own experience, I find that writing a list of all the things that you dislike about your current situation and slowly working on that list is the best way to tackle it. However I'm taking a different approach, my list is TOO long to rectify right now. I'm going to try and have a 'new' life by doing new things all the time. Things that are new to me and my brain, a change of location is probably the best start in mental cleansing.


                        Last edited by ludichris; Fri September 18, 2020, 21:54.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ludichris View Post
                          I'm finished guys. Any chance of being a homeowner or career is gone. I have had a diabolical 12 months, which in itself is one of the main reasons I haven't posted or visited the site much. I'll just have to settle for another type of lifestyle.

                          In terms of my own experience, I find that writing a list of all the things that you dislike about your current situation and slowly working on that list is the best way to tackle it. However I'm taking a different approach, my list is TOO long to rectify right now. I'm going to try and have a 'new' life by doing new things all the time. Things that are new to me and my brain, a change of location is probably the best start in mental cleansing.

                          Oh no, sounds like you’ve had an awful 12 months - hope things improve for you.

                          I totally buy into the whole resetting your outlook during tough times and I hope it serves you well.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Wayne View Post

                            Oh no, sounds like you’ve had an awful 12 months - hope things improve for you.

                            I totally buy into the whole resetting your outlook during tough times and I hope it serves you well.
                            Thank you, I think they have a chance to if I follow through with my plan of:

                            Consuming largely uplifting media that would include music, movies, books, news etc. Avoiding all things negative in nature.

                            Completely embracing and experiencing the 'new' on a daily basis. Whether that is buying untried foods in the supermarket to visiting unexplored areas to listening to unheard songs. This might be the best way to reset.

                            Comment


                            • ^ Oh sounds like a good plan, good idea to try new foods and discovering new songs and artists! Hopefully you will find lots of things you like. Wishing you the best, and dont forget to take your time! Step by step
                              You drew stars around my scars

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X