No announcement yet.

Theatre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was that at the National? One of my friends went as well. I feel like there definitely could be more Sondheim in the West End.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
      Was that at the National? One of my friends went as well. I feel like there definitely could be more Sondheim in the West End.
      It was. He did a talk there a year or two back and I cancelled my ticket and I’ve regretted it ever since. Now I’ve seen both Sondheim and Lloyd-Webber in stage - my thespian side is very satisfied. In fairness I’ve been in Sondheim’s presence before - he was in the audience the night I saw Emma Thompson in Sweeney Todd, but could I buggery see him in the audience

As much as I want more Sondheim, I like how his shows are revived regularly but sparingly - there’s always a sort of event feel to them when they do. But I need to tick more off my list - I’ve only seen Gypsy, Sweeney Todd, Company, Follies, Merrily We Roll Along and Road Show. Which isn’t bad listed like that

I desperately need Jake to bring his sexy ass over here and do Sunday In The Park With George, and I’m still not over Angela Landsbury and Catherine Zeta-Jones not coming over with A Little Night Music. Never mind, I’m young - I’ll get them eventually
      M08T10

Comment

• Agreed that SITPWG should have come over here for a brief time, it got such good reviews. I love listening to the soundtrack - the Sunday finale is one of my all-time favourites. I’ve also grown to love Jenna Russell’s voice on the soundtrack more than Bernadette (especially on Children and Art).

Comment

• I can’t warm to Jenna Russell’s singing voice. Unsurprisingly I listen to the Jake cast album. I really hope he’s cast as Joe in the Sunset movie. I really, really can’t see anyone else in that role.

Had an email advertising Mean Girls earlier, glad that’s coming over - the west end could do with something in the vein of Legally Blonde. Also had an email about Big! going into the Dominion which is a travesty - it’s a barn and it won’t sell (so hopefully it’ll be papered).
          M08T10

Comment

• Her voice can be a bit harsh, plus I don’t understand her accent at times but I certainly enjoy it.

I forget Gyllenhall could sing, I kept thinking how good he’d have been as Hugh jackman’s character in Greatest Showman (not that Jackman was nothing short of amazing). Never heard of Big! but apprehensive about seeing Mean Girls.

Comment

• Big! Is the musical of the Tom Hanks movie. With Lee from 911 and Heidi from Sugababes. Says it all if you ask me.
              M08T10

Comment

• Lee from 911 and Heidi from Sugababes? Iíll pass, unless Heidi gets her signature middle 8 on every song.

Comment

• Iíll be passing too, unless I get my tickets free
                  M08T10

Comment

• [MENTION=22209]Spartan[/MENTION] Sunday is coming... with Jake and Annaleigh! 2020 Savoy Theatre.
                    M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                      Lee from 911 and Heidi from Sugababes? I’ll pass, unless Heidi gets her signature middle 8 on every song.
                      I have to say I saw Lee in footloose & he was surprisingly good
                      You taste just like glitter mixed with rock and roll
                      I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

Comment

Working...
                      X