Japanese Food & Snacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Food & Snacks

EDIT: I changed the thread to a general discussion thread on Japanese food & snacks since my post contained a lot of promotion for a specific Japanese Snack Delivery Service.

YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Omg u got hacked?
    Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

Originally posted by MusicRecords
      Omg u got hacked?
      Why? Because I want to share my culinary experience?

In the best case, there are some experiences Japanese gourmets on UKMIX who can broaden our horizon on food.

Comment

Re: BOKKSU [Japanese Snack Delivery Service]

What snacks do you like?

Comment

um am pretty sure promoting other sites is not allowed?

Collect that "Bokksu" cheque tho!
          COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits
            What snacks do you like?
            wait it's allowed?

@MusicRecords you bettah get the hint and promote your wine company here

Comment

Wait wth this is like a spam bot
              Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

What snacks do you like?
                I am very curious about the Kit Kat flavours. I know they have put an exotic Kit Kat flavour in some Bokksus in the past.

I'm also curious about the various citrus fruits they use in their snacks. Personally, I am not familiar with Yuzu but desperately want to try.

The snack that I'm most curious about is probably the White Chocolate Bake. White chocolate is so delicious in small amounts and if it's combined with fruit, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by aRat
                  um am pretty sure promoting other sites is not allowed?

Collect that "Bokksu" cheque tho!
                  We could turn it into a general Japanese snack thread or Japanese cuisine thread if people feel more comfortable with it.

Comment

I treid sushi for like 2-3 time and didn't like it so... and that was the only Japanese food I ever ate I think.

Chinese food WON since I eat that at least once a week. Fried Noodles with Chicken >>>>>

Comment

Strawberry cheesecake Kitkats are so good

But funnily enough, I've only eaten them once and that was when I was visiting briefly for a few days. Since I've been permanently living here, I haven't had any.

Comment

Strawberry cheesecake Kitkats are so good

But funnily enough, I've only eaten them once and that was when I was visiting briefly for a few days. Since I've been permanently living here, I haven't had any.
                        Just the box itself looks so appealing!

Where are you located, buiscuits?

Comment

Re: Japanese Food & Snacks

They're kinda expensive, probably because of the box and the souvenir factor.

I live in West Tokyo

Comment

Tokyo would be on my bucket list for this/next year. Savings have to be made in advance though.

It's a pretty expensive place for European standard.

Sadly, here in Switzerland we know sushi at the no.1 Japanese food item. It's almost impossible to encounter anything else. Japanese restaurants mostly offer a teppanyaki grill experience. However, I haven't encountered other things like Ramen and Dashi on many menus.

Comment

Iíve heard Tokyo is cheaper than Switzerland

Comment

Originally posted by aRat
                                I treid sushi for like 2-3 time and didn't like it so... and that was the only Japanese food I ever ate I think.

Chinese food WON since I eat that at least once a week. Fried Noodles with Chicken >>>>>
                                Chinese food is aromatic. However, the excessive use of soy sauce puts me off a bit. Most things are fried too. Can be a bit heavy on the stomache.

I bet you will encounter a sushi roll to your liking! There are so many flavours and seaweed is tasteless and just adds a salty note to the rice imo.

Comment

Iíve heard Tokyo is cheaper than Switzerland
                                  I'd be surprised if it is.

Food prices here are insane. 30$ for a main course easily (which consists of meat, veggies and a side). During my office days for example, I buy pre-packed salad portions for about 6$ because that's the cheapest and most nutritious you can get.

A Snickers candy bar for example is 1-2$, depending on its size,

Due to the fact Japanese cuisine is so crafted and complex, I would have thought you would have about the same prices.

Comment

An average meal in a good restaurant costs around $12

Comment

How good is katsu chicken curry though? Itís everywhere now.

Comment

Is curry something that is used in Japanese kitchen? I thought curries were Indian/Thai-inspired.

Comment

Dunno but they sell it at Wagamama and Yo Sushi

Steamed buns and gyoza are amongst my faves too. So good.

Comment

Yeah curry is HUUUGE in Japan, but it's much milder and sweeter than Indian curries. Actually there is a huge curry chain all over Japan called CoCo ICHIBANYA which is great for cheap eats. I think they're actually opening a branch in London soon (or maybe it's open already).

When I was in Japan I shipped looooads of Japanese snacks, drinks and sweets home. I have sake, kit kat and Pocky of all flavours, matcha tea, arare, Kinoko No Yama - the full works!

Japanese cuisine is also probably my favourite. I love sushi, tonkatsu ramen, okonomiyaki, takoyaki - everything

Comment

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                                              Yeah curry is HUUUGE in Japan, but it's much milder and sweeter than Indian curries. Actually there is a huge curry chain all over Japan called CoCo ICHIBANYA which is great for cheap eats. I think they're actually opening a branch in London soon (or maybe it's open already).

When I was in Japan I shipped looooads of Japanese snacks, drinks and sweets home. I have sake, kit kat and Pocky of all flavours, matcha tea, arare, Kinoko No Yama - the full works!

Japanese cuisine is also probably my favourite. I love sushi, tonkatsu ramen, okonomiyaki, takoyaki - everything
                                              Then you should probably try out bokksu.com too. However, you might know all the snacks already.

Comment

I am sooooo amazed by these Mikan Kit Kats! That flavour is so fresh!

Comment

I love mochi
                                                  Floped and localed

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity View Post
                                                    I love mochi
                                                    There is a DIY kit with mochi in this monthís snack box.

It requires you to moist the moji with a little bit of water and then dip it into chocolate sauce and soy bean powder.

Iím so curious how it tastes like.

Comment

Mochi + chocolate sauce doesn't sound like a good mix, but I not a big fan of chocolate anyway.

Taro mochi is heaven.
                                                      Floped and localed

Comment

I adore Japanese food, not necessarily sweets though. Everything is exquisite there.
                                                        Takoyaki, okonomiyaki, ramen, udon, sushi and sashimi are just delicacies I can't live without.
                                                        Regarding drinks, there's nothing better than ume shu, in other words plum wine, yummy!

Comment

I love those wagashi sweets

Comment

Working...
                                                          X