How do you like your tea and toast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you like your tea and toast?

Following on from a discussion in The Random Thought topic and further to a great British institution of tea and toast, how do you like yours?

I like my toast at shade 4 and my tea at shade 3!

Toast, I go with 3.
    Hmmm tea from 2 to 5 depending on my mood and the time of the day
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I don't do toast.

I only add milk to black tea and that's only sometimes. But when I do I actually don't do it visually. I add bit by bit and decide if it's enough for me depending on the taste. But somewhere between 2-4 is where it ends up.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Toast 2.

But teas 1-6 all look like coffee, nothing like what I expect when I hear 'tea'.

Comment

i like my tea warm andnplain, with maybe some lemon and honey if im not too lazy.

i prefer coffee a million times tho

toast, nah, not a thing were i live

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab View Post
            Toast 2.

But teas 1-6 all look like coffee, nothing like what I expect when I hear 'tea'.
            What does tea look like in Germany?

Learning so much about things I never knew I needed to know today - will never forgive [MENTION=49569]cheapthrills[/MENTION] for using the microwave to make tea.

Comment

Toast 3, tea 5! Toast at 5 or 6 can give you cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                Toast at 5 or 6 can give you cancer.
                I wish someone would tell that to the woman who makes my toast in the morning at work.

Comment

The 6 toast Pretty sure that's just coal
                  *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                    I wish someone would tell that to the woman who makes my toast in the morning at work.
                    She’s probably sending you a message to make your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                      What does tea look like in Germany?
                      Fruit tea:

Green tea:

Black tea:

It can look and taste like almost anything though. I know people () who like cheesecake tea for example. But that coffee colour in the op is definitely unusual imo.

Comment

Fresh mint tea with honey >>>>

Comment

Anyway I drink my tea with sugar and lemon and without any milk in there.

I don't do toast.
                          COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                            She’s probably sending you a message to make your own.
                            The £3 I spend per week keeps her in work, she should know better.

Comment

I used to like toast No. 4 as a kid, now it's No. 3. Regarding tea, it looks different where I live. I'm not much of a tea drinker, but if I drink tea, it's usually fruit tea or vanilla-flavored tea. The pure flavors of tea (black tea, mint tea, green tea, etc.) are not quite what I'm into. We have got a tea with cherry and chocolate brownie flavor at home and I really would like to try that one someday - though I can imagine that the Britons feel rather disgusted by the idea of such a kind of tea.
                              ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                I used to like toast No. 4 as a kid, now it's No. 3. Regarding tea, it looks different where I live. I'm not much of a tea drinker, but if I drink tea, it's usually fruit tea or vanilla-flavored tea. The pure flavors of tea (black tea, mint tea, green tea, etc.) are not quite what I'm into. We have got a tea with cherry and chocolate brownie flavor at home and I really would like to try that one someday - though I can imagine that the Britons feel rather disgusted by the idea of such a kind of tea.
                                While it might be called tea, it ain't tea. Just like herbal infusions (chamomile, mint...).
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Ah, I guess I will not go well with this British institution ...

No toast for me, thank you, of any kind ... I am actually not a bread eater at all, from time to time I could have a bagel (fresh, non-roasted), and I love waffles!

As for teas, none of the above as well, I would normally take green tea (in any variety, e.g. pure, jasmine, etc.) and in the winter, ginger tea. I am though rather a coffee connoisseur ...

Comment

I like it gluten-free.
                                    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

Toast 3
                                      Tea 4

Tea 6 looks minging.

Comment

Tea 1
                                        Toast 3
                                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Oh wow, what have I started

I have a toaster but never use it for toast - usually for pop tarts or eggos. I guess I'd say toast #2.

I choose tea #1 - I still am in shock that people put milk in tea.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

I choose tea #1 - I still am in shock that people put milk in tea.
                                            I second that.
                                            YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

3/4 & 5 for me. Though I did give up hot drinks - haven’t had one yet in 2019. I did make #5 toast yesterday - it was the last of the loaf and I was well gutted
                                              M08T10

Comment

2 for both (if it’s black tea - if not, then no milk in it)
                                                last.fm

Comment

Wholemeal toast is my favourite snack and I have multiple slices a day at colour 4. I can even eat it without any butter, just tearing as I go.

I no longer drink tea due to avoiding caffeinated drinks, but I would let mine brew until it was about 3 colour.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X