X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    I would have tagged the good sis spiritboy too (like the other Pop Talk regulars) but a good chunk of his hole doesn’t celebrate Xmas. Stay safe regardless tho, boo!
    I'm gonna stream the hell out of Xmas GOAT today. Merry Xmas!

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Well, I don't want a lump of coal from Santa, so I'm getting ready for bed. Happy holidays, everyone

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    I went to do a little digging for Goldmoney. Thank you for the kind words.
    ​​​​​

Originally posted by DnBLover
    I'm returning from Louisville, KY, where I spent a week on a work trip and I am honestly shocked at how there is such a huge segregation of race by class. Black folk run the city (airport, hotels, restaurants, transportation etc) yet they are nowhere to be seen at the high levels of society. I really start understanding the anti-white sentiments some people here express. It feels like in America they put a tag on you and you need to sit on your lane. It's maximum capitalism which serves very few very rich very white men at the top, at the expense of the lower levels of society. I also find it surprising that whites and blacks were essentially always segregated in the city, very few mixing.

America increasingly loses its appeal to me. And I do feel bad for all the people struggling and working multiple jobs to get a good life. So many poor, so many homeless, right next to luxurious hotels and super rich people. Yikes.
    I did meet many amazing people and tried to get to know every one that crossed my way. I heard many stories and gained respect for everyone making the most of what they have. Huge respect for the people, but total despise for the system.
    ​​​​​​​Merry Christmas friends

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Happy Holidays to the usual suspects here, have a wonderful and peaceful time with your loved ones.

Stream these holiday classics

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Forgot about the good sis stevyy, foolishly! Merry Xmas, sis!

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    Merry Xmas, Angel.

stream Merry Christmas, Baby by Xtina
    Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Fri December 25, 2020, 00:04.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    I would have tagged the good sis spiritboy too (like the other Pop Talk regulars) but a good chunk of his hole doesn’t celebrate Xmas. Stay safe regardless tho, boo!

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    cheapthrills BeeBoy aRatchet DnBLover Rihab MrLeonix likeidogoldlink

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

Whatever about trivia - how can I meet that guy in the darkening round?
    You’re not as far as you think.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

I think this is in part how I always felt so close to black culture. In my teens pretty much most of my friends were black, and I always found their culture so carefree and liberating. African culture is a bit different than Black American culture but in essence I do think there is a lot of common ground, but plenty of music that is popular among them would be judged outside of it. I never once felt judged even if I was always the shy white boy.

Last year I had to travel to Louisville, Kentucky, and I went out for walks. I had so many conversations, namely with black people, and even came across a block party which I just found awesome and honestly would have loved to jump on... But I just watched for a bit and moved on minding my own business.

I just think it's beautiful when humans share culture. A massive chunk of humanity is lost on the internet, but true human connections are priceless.

Unfortunately as I moved up in life, through university and now in my PhD in Norway, the fewer blacks I started seeing and I really miss multiculturalism in my life. Every culture has its ups and downs, but it's only through sharing that you're able to value what's good and improve on what's behind.
    One of my favorite posts ever on this forum is the epiphany you had on black oppression and a clearer understanding on the shaky race relations between blacks and yts. I think you came to that realization after that trip! I wish I can find that post.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Speaking of, how many of these questions would you have gotten right, aRatchet?
    Whatever about trivia - how can I meet that guy in the darkening round?

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    The delusion, R&B Hip Hop crossover females even have a bigger portion of straight listeners Savage Remix just this year. You also don't get to have the most streamed female song from the 00s, the highest streamed solo single by a black female ever and recurrent streams in the 2 billion range from Spotify and Youtube alone with a song from 2009 if you only cater to Ladies and Gheys. They might not blast it with their friends but spin it in secret when their fragile ego has been hurt

^I didn't wanna shade Kylie by leaving out her hits but was just giving examples for artists mentioned by the rat.
    Yea it's ridiculous, and it's mostly cultural whether it's accepted to listen to something or not.
    Among my guy friends I don't really share much of what I listen to, and typically guys will only admit listening to more alt-leaning females. But when you're out partying and "Baby One More Time" starts playing, there isn't one person of our generation who doesn't know the lyrics. And there is even this rule among some of my friends which is when you're drunk, only trashy music is allowed (and trashy means Pop pretty much). So...

Where was that video of those football fans singing Dua Lipa?
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    That’s the thing with the chocolate community - practically everybody uses R&B outwardly (which I guess you can say is the fem black genre; at least my gen, I don’t know what the chilren today are up to). I’ve seen the str8 chocolates blare out goon rap as much as Mary J. Blige, TLC or Aaliyah.
    I think this is in part how I always felt so close to black culture. In my teens pretty much most of my friends were black, and I always found their culture so carefree and liberating. African culture is a bit different than Black American culture but in essence I do think there is a lot of common ground, but plenty of music that is popular among them would be judged outside of it. I never once felt judged even if I was always the shy white boy.

Last year I had to travel to Louisville, Kentucky, and I went out for walks. I had so many conversations, namely with black people, and even came across a block party which I just found awesome and honestly would have loved to jump on... But I just watched for a bit and moved on minding my own business.

I just think it's beautiful when humans share culture. A massive chunk of humanity is lost on the internet, but true human connections are priceless.

Unfortunately as I moved up in life, through university and now in my PhD in Norway, the fewer blacks I started seeing and I really miss multiculturalism in my life. Every culture has its ups and downs, but it's only through sharing that you're able to value what's good and improve on what's behind.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Speaking of, how many of these questions would you have gotten right, aRatchet?
    Last edited by Goldmoney; Thu December 24, 2020, 14:50.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    That’s the thing with the chocolate community - practically everybody uses R&B outwardly (which I guess you can say is the fem black genre; at least my gen, I don’t know what the chilren today are up to). I’ve seen the str8 chocolates blare out goon rap as much as Mary J. Blige, TLC or Aaliyah.
    Last edited by Goldmoney; Thu December 24, 2020, 14:40.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    The delusion, R&B Hip Hop crossover females even have a bigger portion of straight listeners Savage Remix just this year. You also don't get to have the most streamed female song from the 00s, the highest streamed solo single by a black female ever and recurrent streams in the 2 billion range from Spotify and Youtube alone with a song from 2009 if you only cater to Ladies and Gheys. They might not blast it with their friends but spin it in secret when their fragile ego has been hurt

^I didn't wanna shade Kylie by leaving out her hits but was just giving examples for artists mentioned by the rat.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

I forgot to add Beyonce. Str8 men haven't used her since Baby Boy
    "Drunk In Love", "Apesh*t" are "straight" music. Also Lemonade was huge with alt-music critics.

I'm not sure why I'm entertaining you but I enjoy it somehow

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

All of the above have hit singles that are listened to by everyone. DSN, AIWFCIY, Shallow etc

As long as you have/had hit singles plus being remembered you will always appeal to a big demographic.
    I forgot to add Beyonce. Str8 men haven't used her since Baby Boy

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Kylie has some bops. "Can't Get You Out of My Head" and "In Your Eyes" are 00s classics. Not very familiar with her work after that but I think I generally prefer her music over most other female popstars.
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

All of the above have hit singles that are listened to by everyone. DSN, AIWFCIY, Shallow etc

As long as you have/had hit singles plus being remembered you will always appeal to a big demographic.
    Not you shading Godlie Minoguesus on Christmas Eve.
    Repent thee.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

Or any Dusty Diva or forGaGatten or Duanal

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    No one straight listens to Kylie
    Or any Dusty Diva or forGaGatten or Duanal

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    x100

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Kylie confirmed that she was in studio with Jessie Ware. I guess disco loving gheys won.
    Not to forget the disco loving streyts ;) .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X