Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiritboy
    replied
    Honestly what does Dua sees in Anwar is mind boggling. On the other news, Levitating is predicted to be climbing its way to top 10 in US after Xmas.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    There are at least 5 major acts who covered the song on their own Xmas albums and I doubt that Mariah would sign away her copyright. lol. IT would make her the dumbest business woman in history. Also Walter would never relinquish his rights either.
    I hope Madonna will pay tribute to the Kween and cover AIWFCIY. Would Mariah allow?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

Thots aRat ?​​​
    Ugly, trashy, dumb druggie loser who got everything handed to him by his parents.

Unfortunately those attributes are exactly what Duanal looks for in a guy

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    No one wants to wake up to the news stevyy woke up to this morning. No one. He was preparing his coffee, turning on wi-fi and the first thing he read on his iPhone is: “27th Of December”. He blinked his eyes countless times and he went on Spotify & iTunes Chart Section just to see more and more evidence about it. He couldn’t believe it. His Mooriah Xmas dream was over and there he was at 8AM sitting in his kitchen looking at the screen of his iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied

Thots aRat ?​​​

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post
    It's officially Dec 27. Permabans for anyone who mentions Maria or Boubleh between now and Dec 1!

Mariah will still be number one in the US next tuesday babygorl

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post
    It's officially Dec 27. Permabans for anyone who mentions Maria or Boubleh between now and Dec 1!
    try it on me. Mariah Mariah Mariah

Auld Lang Syne is gonna slay this year as well.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by ferrero View Post

Walter has decided to cash in on the royalties and sold to Hipgnosis Songs.

All Hipgnosis wants for Christmas is a Number 1 and another 1bn - Citywire
    yes, NOW, but we are speaking of 2009/2010... and at that time, Walter was dependent on his royalties from the MIMI catalogue, especially that one jingle.

Leave a comment:

• ferrero
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    There are at least 5 major acts who covered the song on their own Xmas albums and I doubt that Mariah would sign away her copyright. lol. IT would make her the dumbest business woman in history. Also Walter would never relinquish his rights either.
    Walter has decided to cash in on the royalties and sold to Hipgnosis Songs.

All Hipgnosis wants for Christmas is a Number 1 and another 1bn - Citywire

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ferrero
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Please she even let Idina Menzel cover it.
    whom had a very big song herself, its all business

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by ferrero View Post

i suppose the good will here means Mimi's approval for Buble to cover the song. There's no way Mimi will give up royalties for "good will"
    Please she even let Idina Menzel cover it.

Leave a comment:

• ferrero
    replied
    Originally posted by IDreamed View Post

It was done in 2010/2011 while his album was in production, it was agreed with David Foster and Michael and it on the Bungalow fan club forum.
    i suppose the good will here means Mimi's approval for Buble to cover the song. There's no way Mimi will give up royalties for "good will"

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    OT but does that mean that you also support children's literature getting rewritten? 'Pippi Longstocking' initially used to include the n-word and there's a debate whether historic sources should be kept as such or altered for social/political reasons.
    Yes, I do think they should be re-written. Of course they also should keep the original ones for a museum or something. Here in the Netherlands it's very common to re-write older books. Especially comics like Sjors and Sjimmie, where Sjimmie (black boy) has changed completely in appearance from looking straight out of the bush from Africa (and barely able to speak like a normal person) to dressing just like his white friend.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    OT but does what mean that you also support children's literature getting rewritten? 'Pippi Longstocking' initially used to include the n-word and there's a debate whether historic sources should be kept as such or altered for social/political reasons.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

The most unconventional Christmas song out there probably. Don't get the need for the f-line, but it was a different time, I guess.
    Unconventional, but a classic nonetheless. Yes, it was a different time, but views have (luckily) changed and therefor I think it's great the new versions changed that line.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Great song, although I prefer the Ronan Keating version as it changed the anti-gay line.
    The most unconventional Christmas song out there probably. Don't get the need for the f-line, but it was a different time, I guess.

-----

From what I've heard, Franklin never did anything bad and seems like a nice woman. It who Knowles, Williams and Rowland who lead to the band's popularity rising to the next level, but it was wrong place, wrong time for Franklin.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    The first minute of this has me cackling... Farrah from Destiny's Child talking about her presence on Say My Name.

Did you s... did you sin... um.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    I'm listening to some Christmas songs out of curiosity and liking what i've heard so far. The Pogues' Fairytale of New York is a masterpiece though.
    Great song, although I prefer the Ronan Keating version as it changed the anti-gay line.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    We love Dula Peep

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    The only version of SLOW i use is the video with all the hot men in skimpy swimwear.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

When the greatest pop song meets Disco.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Not Branda Lee outstreaming Mariah on Christmas day by 600k streams in the US
    OMG is that true ? I am shocked.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X