Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Hejira View Post

    And you tell people here they deserve....something.
    You should take a look in the mirror sometime.
    I think both sides knew what was supposed to happen. I do feel he owe her a personal apology though for letting her take all the heat

    Comment


    • I always look at the mirror and like what i see, i don't have a problem with myself or my attitude. Instead of quoting me, some people can just ignore me
      Cha Cha Instructor

      Comment


      • I would be scurred if the first thing I saw in the morning was Vadge inside a shark.
        Originally posted by beredy
        When people see your post this is what they see:

        GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

        Comment


        • How in the hell does Single Ladies have 750 million views while the Chipmunk version has 620 million views???
          Last edited by TIfan; Sun April 5, 2020, 01:50.
          Diva!!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TIfan View Post
            How in the hell does Single Ladies have 750 million views while the Chipmunk version has 620 million views???
            Lol.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TIfan View Post
              How in the hell does Single Ladies have 750 million views while the Chipmunk version has 620 million views???
              Because people will play that to their kids because it's the Chipmunks. It doesn't matter how sexual the song is if it's presented in a kid friendly way. Not the first time it happens. There was this one song that was HIGHLY sexual and clearly so in Croatia some years ago, but every little girl was singing it because it was presented in a jokey kind of way. It didn't matter that it was clearly about how's she's gonna sit on a d*ck.
              I have received many gifts from God,
              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
              .

              Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                How in the hell does Single Ladies have 750 million views while the Chipmunk version has 620 million views???
                Because Single Ladies has been deleted at least twice by her label in 2009/2010. Idiots.
                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                Comment




                • Faster tempo than all those modern mumblers.
                  Waffles are checked cookies

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by beredy View Post

                    Because people will play that to their kids because it's the Chipmunks. It doesn't matter how sexual the song is if it's presented in a kid friendly way. Not the first time it happens. There was this one song that was HIGHLY sexual and clearly so in Croatia some years ago, but every little girl was singing it because it was presented in a jokey kind of way. It didn't matter that it was clearly about how's she's gonna sit on a d*ck.





                    Originally posted by beredy
                    When people see your post this is what they see:

                    GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

                    Comment


                    • Also, speaking of JT, do y'all remember who was supposed to be the UK version of him?



                      "No U Hang Up", "Breathless" & "If That's Okay With You" used to be my jams!

                      Comment




                      • suddenly this song came to my head
                        Waffles are checked cookies

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by heppolo View Post


                          suddenly this song came to my head
                          It must have been my Toxic post, didn’t this girl write that ish?

                          Originally posted by beredy
                          When people see your post this is what they see:

                          GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                            It must have been my Toxic post, didn’t this girl write that ish?
                            Maybe subconsciously...But I was browsing old Kylie songs ("Better The Devil You Know") and this came up in the list on the right side of the screen.
                            Waffles are checked cookies

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by abi View Post
                              Also, speaking of JT, do y'all remember who was supposed to be the UK version of him?



                              "No U Hang Up", "Breathless" & "If That's Okay With You" used to be my jams!
                              He moved onto act in the UK’s biggest drama series. I think he’s mostly given up on music now.

                              Comment


                              • I definitely liked "Breathless". Also think he has a way more pleasant tone compared to Justin. Justin's falsetto was always overrated, it's very thin.
                                "Lift up your head
                                Lift up your heart..."

                                https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

                                Comment


                                • I used to stan for Madonna, now i'm just a fan with a love/hate relationship. I stan for Ed Sheeran and Maroon 5 though.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

                                  Comment


                                  • This man was a homophobe.
                                    Originally posted by beredy
                                    When people see your post this is what they see:

                                    GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

                                    Comment




                                    • there was a time when a messy song like this one could have made it to the UK#3
                                      Waffles are checked cookies

                                      Comment


                                      • So what happened to Ava Max - did the UK just collectively lose interest in her?

                                        Comment


                                        • @Shayne Ward: Didn't know his song 'Breathless'. I see the ressemblance to Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke. The song has got a lovely melody and his voice is so smooth. I'm impressed and would give it an instant 8/10, which is rare for me after just one spin.

                                          @Prince: Don't know about his vita en detail. Homophobia isn't cool of course. It is rather unusual that straight men fall into the feminine spectrum and discriminate homosexuality, but then again, aspects like gender, race, sexuality, class or ability allow all kinds of combinations, including rather odd ones.
                                          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                          and everything you stand for?
                                          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                          just to tell you that I see more?

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                            @Prince: Don't know about his vita en detail. Homophobia isn't cool of course. It is rather unusual that straight men fall into the feminine spectrum and discriminate homosexuality, but then again, aspects like gender, race, sexuality, class or ability allow all kinds of combinations, including rather odd ones.
                                            The homophobia thing with Prince started when he converted to being a Jehovah Witness around 2001 or so. It never there before then. He said some stuff towards his former bandmates, Wendy & Lisa that was homophobic. He stopped saying stuff like that(at least in public) and him and Wendy and & Lisa made up(they contributed to his 2007 album, Planet Earth).

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                              @Shayne Ward: Didn't know his song 'Breathless'. I see the ressemblance to Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke. The song has got a lovely melody and his voice is so smooth. I'm impressed and would give it an instant 8/10, which is rare for me after just one spin.
                                              "No U Hang Up" is also another nice slow jam and is my personal favorite actually. I just couldn't seem to find the official upload on YouTube.

                                              Comment


                                              • Wait I just checked Shayne Ward's Spotify artist page and apparently his top city is actually from my country. Didn't realize he was that popular over here.

                                                Edit: Wait all his top 5 cities are actually in South East Asia. We really do stan ballads apparently.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Wayne View Post

                                                  He moved onto act in the UK’s biggest drama series. I think he’s mostly given up on music now.
                                                  Well, that's a bit unfortunate but I just checked his Wikipedia page and seems like he's going through the same phase as many of the other UK X-Factor winners, isn't he? Massive in the beginning but slowly disappears into the bubbling under a few albums later.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                    I used to stan for Madonna, now i'm just a fan with a love/hate relationship. I stan for Ed Sheeran and Maroon 5 though.
                                                    yass, daddy Adam. I've been stanning them since 2003. I used to like Ed Sheeran during his first album and his second also... but he lost me when he got 1,000,000 songs onto every nation's singles chart and became bubblegum pop.

                                                    I've never stanned for Miss Madonna... But I love her deeply now... and still think that 99% of what she does is actually visionary and great.
                                                    My Chart

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                      So what happened to Ava Max - did the UK just collectively lose interest in her?
                                                      Here she had hits with Sweet But Psycho, So Am I and now with Alone. Hope there will be more to follow.
                                                      My Instagram... - Click here

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by Mugen View Post

                                                        The homophobia thing with Prince started when he converted to being a Jehovah Witness around 2001 or so. It never there before then. He said some stuff towards his former bandmates, Wendy & Lisa that was homophobic. He stopped saying stuff like that(at least in public) and him and Wendy and & Lisa made up(they contributed to his 2007 album, Planet Earth).
                                                        I never knew about what he said to his bandmates, the first whiff I got of his homophobia was the 2008 New Yorker article. He kept mum about these types of issues for the rest of his life.
                                                        Originally posted by beredy
                                                        When people see your post this is what they see:

                                                        GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Are we still pretending Prince wasn't a self hating gay? Love him. But it's the Truth.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • I never liked Prince.
                                                            Cha Cha Instructor

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                              I never liked Prince.
                                                              He was on Like a Prayer.
                                                              Originally posted by beredy
                                                              When people see your post this is what they see:

                                                              GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

                                                              Comment

                                                              Working...
                                                              X