Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RayRay
    replied

Such a beautiful female collab: Does He Love You by Liza Minnelli and Donna Summer.

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat

Her dead aunt, Bradley and now a cartoon pig. This bitch will cling to anything for some relevance
    a cartoon pig? sis she is THE cartoon pig

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Certain people here are really obsessed with Katy Huh. That Firework performance and acclaim really got to them I guess.

OT - ICONIC

Last edited by InFamous; Sat January 23, 2021, 00:39.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by flopho View Post

yass this was an absolute banger
    too bad she released this when this sound wasn't really popular, truly ahead of its time
    Ugh the way I shook ass to that song as a teen
    Last edited by BeeBoy; Fri January 22, 2021, 23:32.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    + BONUS
    Let me know if Katy will sell over 45m records* in the 3rd decade of her career. WITH COLLABORATIONS OF COURSE, after all, anyone can get a hit, it's so easy to have a hit that sold 20m of pure sales. + and will she, of course, get that dream Grammy.

* the numbers can be in SPS, we're in 2021 so she won't even sell 1m let alone 45m pure sales.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    Suddenly Back to Basics is the fifth era LOL. I saw you arguing before that neither Mi Reflejo or My kind of Christmas should be counted as eras as they were niche albums/side projects.

Back to Basics was Christina's third proper studio era. And you know that perfectly well.

Also Liberation benefitted greatly from a tour bundle. I am sure you also know that. Up to 75 percent of it's first week sales were bundles.

Also Christina hasn't had a Top 5 solo hit in the US since 2002 I mean really you want to talk about longevity. Three years after she debuted the top 5 solo hits dried up already.

And yeah that Moscow performance was a tragic MESS. Random screaming while the backing singers tried desperately to carry the song.
    This entire post is funny.
    When?

I know it doesn't fit your narrative but I'm sorry, Mi Reflejo and Xmas album* are her STUDIO ALBUMS. When it comes to longevity - Slay Something, a song that did not break solo, it was only with Xtina that it was a top 5 - 16 years in a professional career. USA is not the whole world. She managed to have an album with over 50 weeks on Bilboard top 200 in the third decade of her career, which I am sure Katy will never achieve again.

*19 weeks at # 1 on the Latin charts
    her Christmas song was for a long time the highest female song on the Billboard hot 100

Yeah, but let's narrate that Xtina's career is a total bomb.
    Talent always wins.

Btw, Katy sold the album with 10 other copies, so don't comment on bundles.

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied

this better be good and not a disappointment like most collabs involving two main-pop-girls

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Suddenly Back to Basics is the fifth era LOL. I saw you arguing before that neither Mi Reflejo or My kind of Christmas should be counted as eras as they were niche albums/side projects.

Back to Basics was Christina's third proper studio era. And you know that perfectly well.

Also Liberation benefitted greatly from a tour bundle. I am sure you also know that. Up to 75 percent of it's first week sales were bundles.

Also Christina hasn't had a Top 5 solo hit in the US since 2002 I mean really you want to talk about longevity. Three years after she debuted the top 5 solo hits dried up already.

And yeah that Moscow performance was a tragic MESS. Random screaming while the backing singers tried desperately to carry the song.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

Tbh I can't listen to any Xtina performance for this reason. Screaming / screeching is an instant no-go for me.

At least in the studio she sounds pleasant most of the time

I can't stand any Demi Lovato performance for the same reason

She can do whatever she wants with her voice, because it's a real talent. Her hallmark is, of course, the long note AAaAAAaAHHdHHHHHdHH, and I think that is iconic.

Btw, Janet's 1993 album is just phenomenal.

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    yass this was an absolute banger
    too bad she released this when this sound wasn't really popular, truly ahead of its time

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    Fifth Era:
    Xtina - Back to Basics
    Katy - Smile
    Btw, Liberation (20 years in career) sold more (pure sales) than Smile.
    And these are just commercial issues.

ANOM's 2019 Moscow performance bad? WHAT? End of discussion because it's just delusional. It's as if I wrote now that Madonna's career is smaller than Paula Abdul's.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Tbh I can't listen to any Xtina performance for this reason. Screaming / screeching is an instant no-go for me.

Imagine listening to that for an entire concert.

This is how NOT to adlib btw.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

It isn't though. Dua is doing great with her H&M changing room'd background musique

It's just over for Katheryn.
    But it's not though.

1.18th most streamed woman in the US - Katy
    2. 14 most streamed woman WW spotify - Katy
    3. Acclaimed performance in the US yesterday - Katy
    4. Overall current Spotify - 44th in the world - Katy

Fans of artists who missed both lists 1 & 2 and whose most recent performances were in their hallways butchering Christmas classics and who languish down at a lowly 172nd place on Spotify's overall artist ranking should be worrying about what the future holds for their own fave, rather than looking at Katy whose catalogue is keeping her up there, despite Smile underperforming.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    A Christina fan complaining about their ears hurting. No surpise there.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied

It isn't though. Dua is doing great with her H&M changing room'd background musique

At least Dua can sing and her music is interesting. And she's got Grammys (and she's not from the US)

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
    Other girls like Katy just cant sing. Fortunately, the era of successive elevator songs is over for her. Apart from the success that lasted 5 years, what does she have to offer? I ask honestly. Don't send me her live performances because my ears hurt.

Is she one of the best singers? No
    Is she one of the best performers? No
    Is she ranked among the best music writers? No
    So?

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    And Katy Perry fan criticizes the vocals of one of the greatest singers of all time. I have to laugh.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    A Christina fan complaining about their ears hurting. No surpise there.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

I said later henty

Not you lowkey serving theMeth with the comprehension there
    I know but you said she is girl next door NOW.

And purlease.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    Other girls like Katy just cant sing. Fortunately, the era of successive elevator songs is over for her. Apart from the success that lasted 5 years, what does she have to offer? I ask honestly. Don't send me her live performances because my ears hurt.

Is she one of the best singers? No
    Is she one of the best performers? No
    Is she ranked among the best music writers? No
    So?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Girl she is 17
    I said later henty

Not you lowkey serving theMeth with the comprehension there

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Team Sabrina for now.

Olive is too innocent-girl-next-door'd for my taste. Maybe I'll stan her later when she skanks it up
    Girl she is 17

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Katy serving the voCals and the looks at Grammy 2015, which earned her a standing ovation

Leave a comment:

Working...
X