• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

What so yall gonna ban me for not liking that song

Comment

Was the whole show full of acoustic "hope bringing" ballads? I turned it off after some mins because it was just so boring and actually made me feel sad even though I wasn't feeling that before clicking play.

I don't understand why they didn't perform some fun uptempo bops to lighten people's moods. WTF a complete miscalculation.
      Yes, most of the setlist was boring slow "hopeful" crap nobody is in the mood for now. 100% depressant pill was issued with that "event".
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Especially Gaga's. She postponed due to the underperformance ( flopping ) of Stupid Love. She should have just released it because she isn't going Top 5 on the hot 100 again.
        Another problem was also that she was in direct competition to Dua who just released very acclaimed and successful dance music so Gaga's tired & dated 2011 sounding dance music would have been torn to shreds by everyone. I mean Stupid Love alone was described as "a lesser version" of Dua's current music by many critics.

What Ga Ga should have done is to take the ASIB sound and evolve it to the next level but it seems like she can't do that herself and the only music she can do herself is the mediocre ArtPop level songs
        COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

Can you imagine being more wrong?

Do you even know that it’s been top 10 or top 20 around the world and it’s still top 40 in many of them two months later despite not a single performance, tv or radio interview or any promo from Gaga apart from some tweets on 1st week?
          Do you know that the 2nd single, a duet with Ariana, was supposed to be released on 27 March, music video already filmed, which would have probably overshadowed SL, so its chart performance would have probably been shorter and it couldn’t have cared less for the album release?
          Do you know that she has merch bundles and a ticket bundle (more than 150k tickets sold in US) that would have made her 1st week sales even bigger so SL chart performance couldn’t care less?
          That #1 debuts around the world would have been even more easy with barely no new releases if she had wanted to release the album?

I do think that not being able to promote the album and the difficulties to buy physical copies were two of the reasons for its postponement... But do you really think it was because of SL perfornance? Really?

She said it was not the right time to release a new album right now and that she preferred to focus on a way to help fight COVID...

Well, here we are a month later...

Regarding your “she won’t have a top 5 again”... People have written her off so many times and they were proved wrong... We’ll see in a few months.
          So are you saying that Gaga is now relying on merch bundles, ticket bundles and a duet with Ariana to ensure good debut numbers for her album ?
          Stupid Love underperformed whether you, as an obvious hardcore fan, are willing to admit it or not. I like Gaga but the song was a disappointment IMO.
          Let's see how the album performs whenever it is released.

Comment

Another problem was also that she was in direct competition to Dua who just released very acclaimed and successful dance music so Gaga's tired & dated 2011 sounding dance music would have been torn to shreds by everyone. I mean Stupid Love alone was described as "a lesser version" of Dua's current music by many critics.

What Ga Ga should have done is to take the ASIB sound and evolve it to the next level but it seems like she can't do that herself and the only music she can do herself is the mediocre ArtPop level songs
            Yes I agree, I really feel Stupid Love was such a regression for her musically. That is the one thing I thought constantly during the ASIB era.. Why is Gaga not doing THIS type of music on her solo albums ?

OT - I was really impressed with DSN's performance in the US, and the song really grew on me!! Dua is killing it right now.

Comment

So are you saying that Gaga is now relying on merch bundles, ticket bundles and a duet with Ariana to ensure good debut numbers for her album ?
              Stupid Love underperformed whether you, as an obvious hardcore fan, are willing to admit it or not. I like Gaga but the song was a disappointment IMO.
              Let's see how the album performs whenever it is released.
              Joanne opened at #1 with 201k in US... with PI flopping and staying 4 weeks in Hot 100. And they obviously didn't delay the album.
              So she doesn't need a hit to debut high at this point in her career. And that was even before the ASIB boom.

What I'm saying is that, besides the more than obvious #1 with healthy figures in spite of SL chart performance Chromatica would have had, she has a ticket bundle and merch bundles for the 1st time with this album... so even bigger figures should be expected. But, sure, they decided to delay the album indefinitely because SL was Top 25 by then -and climbing 5- in Hot 100... Sure.

And what I'm saying is that a 2nd single with Ariana was planned even before they released SL... and without Corona, they would have go as planned and release it before the album release... and that should have been a bigger streaming hit than SL and radios would have probably moved on to Rain on Me... So, if they were so worried with SL chart performance, they would have moved on to the 2nd single, not postpone the album...

Alicia Keys, Sam Smith, Alanis Morissete, Luke Bryan, The 1975... they all have postponed their albums. Is it also because their singles were flopping?

I'm sure you don't even believe it yourself...

Comment

• I don’t know why it’s so hard to accept that “Stupid Love” is Gaga’s WORST performing lead single of her entire career (after “Perfect illusion”) and the song would have done even way worse had it not directly followed the ASIB era.

it had a nice 1 week peak ... charting for one week inside the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 and then being out of the Top 20 by second week it’s not something that deserves much praise. Of course it isn’t a bad result either and the song is in fact still charting (due to lack of competition and lack of new releases due to coronavirus) but still her second worst performing lead EVER.
                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                  I don’t know why it’s so hard to accept that “Stupid Love” is Gaga’s WORST performing lead single of her entire career (after “Perfect illusion”) and the song would have done even way worse had it not directly followed the ASIB era.

it had a nice 1 week peak ... charting for one week inside the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 and then being out of the Top 20 by second week it’s not something that deserves much praise. Of course it isn’t a bad result either and the song is in fact still charting (due to lack of competition and lack of new releases due to coronavirus) but still her second worst performing lead EVER.
                  Is anybody saying otherwise?

Is that the reason to delay the album as Infamous is claiming?

Obviously not...

Your reasons for the fact that it's still charting are nothing but subjective, though...
                  We won't ever know how it would have performed had it been promoted in a normal situation, so...

Comment

• It's obviously not the reason she's delaying it. Literally everyone and they momma is delaying movies and albums except for a few bravehearts (which I command!) but Gaga clearly needs and wants a full blown rollout with all the promo there can be done so she's has to delay it because she can't do it right now due to the situation

But a good attempt to stir things up. And so soon already! Very dedicated...
                    Last edited by Hejira; Sun April 19th, 2020, 16:15.
                    "Lift up your head
                    Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• The girls are fightning... ​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                        The girls are fightning... ​​​

Expectations: met.
                        "Lift up your head
                        Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Hardcore fans are going to buy music anyway, and they are the only people left who buy albums anyway. Anyone who wants to can still stream it.
                          TV promo, performances and such don't make a blind bit of difference these days, it's all about spotify and streaming.

Comment

• I'm a physical buyer, but I gotta ask you a question or two, InFamous : The average German is 44 years old with, obviously, many people being much older than that. I highly doubt that they have versatile skills in the context of using spotify and they are not only ones with the money but also the ones you used to make the difference between albums that sell just fine and best-sellers. At least the last few German big sellers were albums that also targeted an older audience (e.g. Sarah Connor's 'Muttersprache', Helene Fischer's last two albums, Andrea Berg's 'Abenteuer', Udo Lindenberg's 'MTV Unplugged', etc.).
                            Then again: Us users on this forum care about music in a way that we know when artist X has a new album coming, artist Y wins a Grammy award or artist Z performs in this or that show. Many people don't do so and too many people literally live under a rock (That's the main reason why there are albums still charting in the top 10 a year after their release because people only got aware of them at that point.). How are they supposed to know that there is an album or single they may wanna purchase without promotion? It's not like most people could be bothered to actively check out what's new on the market; it rather needs to be forced onto them.
                            Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                            and everything you stand for?
                            Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                            just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                              Then again: Us users on this forum care about music in a way that we know when artist X has a new album coming, artist Y wins a Grammy award or artist Z performs in this or that show. Many people don't do so and too many people literally live under a rock (That's the main reason why there are albums still charting in the top 10 a year after their release because people only got aware of them at that point.).
                              In 2010 this might've been true, but in 2020 if an album is Top 10 a year after its release, its because it has stable streaming. Significant sales numbers die out just weeks after album comes out for 99.99% of the albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                I'm a physical buyer, but I gotta ask you a question or two, InFamous : The average German is 44 years old with, obviously, many people being much older than that. I highly doubt that they have versatile skills in the context of using spotify and they are not only ones with the money but also the ones you used to make the difference between albums that sell just fine and best-sellers. At least the last few German big sellers were albums that also targeted an older audience (e.g. Sarah Connor's 'Muttersprache', Helene Fischer's last two albums, Andrea Berg's 'Abenteuer', Udo Lindenberg's 'MTV Unplugged', etc.).
                                Then again: Us users on this forum care about music in a way that we know when artist X has a new album coming, artist Y wins a Grammy award or artist Z performs in this or that show. Many people don't do so and too many people literally live under a rock (That's the main reason why there are albums still charting in the top 10 a year after their release because people only got aware of them at that point.). How are they supposed to know that there is an album or single they may wanna purchase without promotion? It's not like most people could be bothered to actively check out what's new on the market; it rather needs to be forced onto them.
                                44 year old Germans are going to buy a Gaga album in 2020 when the lead single is "Stupid Love" Really ?
                                I simply cannot imagine all the 44 year old Germans running to the stores to pick up "Chromatica" just cos Gaga performes Stupid Love on Wetten Dass on a saturday night. I think her album would have done as well as it's going to do now, as it will do in six months time. She will have a big first week and then drop down the charts.

Comment

In 2010 this might've been true, but in 2020 if an album is Top 10 a year after its release, its because it has stable streaming. Significant sales numbers die out just weeks after album comes out for 99.99% of the albums.
                                  Exactly, it's streaming that keeps albums afloat. Sales are insignificant, apart from very rare cases.

Comment

• The only music 44 year old germans buy are by local trashy schlager musicians.

Stupid Love / Chromatica may be trashy but it's not shlager nor by a local musician.

Comment

The only music 44 year old germans buy are by local trashy schlager musicians.

Stupid Love / Chromatica may be trashy but it's not shlager nor by a local musician.
                                      Honestly a lot of Dutchies have the same taste, it's not as bad as it is in Germany but The schlager stuff. Folk music, they call it here.... It's like what pure country is in the USA but even worse.
                                      I just know when a song like this comes along at some random gathering most people will get their life and I'm just standing there like...shoot me.

"Lift up your head
                                      Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Honestly a lot of Dutchies have the same taste, it's not as bad as it is in Germany but The schlager stuff. Folk music, they call it here.... It's like what pure country is in the USA but even worse.
                                        I just know when a song like this comes along at some random gathering most people will get their life and I'm just standing there like...shoot me.

Sis I always get headaches if I am forced to listen to schlager. I try to avoid it at all costs.

Comment

• I think it's admirable when peope listen to their traditional music.

Comment

I think this is the case all around Europe where older generations fall into a tone deaf singalong when some type of music popular in the 70s and 80s and the music based off that era recorded today comes on. I hate weddings because of it. Whole f*cking night until the early morning of shitty music.

Comment

Sis I always get headaches if I am forced to listen to schlager. I try to avoid it at all costs.
                                              You know the average IQ score was never very high when this kind of music dominates the sales then and now and prolly forever. I mean we respect everybody and their taste but it's hard to see how a person could like that kind of music, yet so many do. So that says something.
                                              "Lift up your head
                                              Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Oh let us rejoice in the masterpiece crafted and released by The Weeknd. The fact that the worst song is probably Heartless, and that even managed to hit No. 1.

Comment

I think this is the case all around Europe where older generations fall into a tone deaf singalong when some type of music popular in the 70s and 80s and the music based off that era recorded today comes on. I hate weddings because of it. Whole f*cking night until the early morning of shitty music.
                                                  The Grease medleys, ABBA tunes and local acts akin to that MUST be on the setlist cause people will literally be bored. I'm like...how are you not bored with the same sh*t over and over. But to be honest, I'd rather have a Grease medley then listening to Schlager.
                                                  This f*cking song HAS to be played at any dutch wedding (or even funeral sometimes, no joke) because people won't get up and dance if stuff like this isn't played. Even the younger generations.

I mean, this song is basically Holland's GOAT
                                                  "Lift up your head
                                                  Lift up your heart..."

Comment

I mean, this song is basically Holland's GOAT
                                                    It must be very popular in Netherlands so they're saving all the bandwidth for you, as it says the uploader hasn't made this video available for my country

Comment

It must be very popular in Netherlands so they're saving all the bandwidth for you, as it says the uploader hasn't made this video available for my country
                                                      Well, blessed be your ears
                                                      "Lift up your head
                                                      Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Well done JLO - Barbra would be proud.
                                                        Beautiful sentiment.

Comment

Oh let us rejoice in the masterpiece crafted and released by The Weeknd. The fact that the worst song is probably Heartless, and that even managed to hit No. 1.
                                                          Dua outtalented though but yeah daddy Weeknd's album is also very very good

Comment

• This needs to be the next single do you agree beredy ?

I actually think it could become bigger than even Don't Start Now

Comment

This needs to be the next single do you agree beredy ?

I actually think it could become bigger than even Don't Start Now
                                                              This should have been the second single, it's so much catchier than Physical, which has grown on me too.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X