No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not a fan of that new rule either. Either way, I hope that at least the German chart company (can't speak for others) finds a way to alter the charts in a way that 75% are no longer rap songs the majority of the people aren't even aware of - in order to reflect what's truly popular among all parts of society.

Regarding Dua Lipa: Disco songs were released every now and then (e.g. 'One Kiss', 'Treasure', 'Uptown Funk',...), but I wouldn't mind a major artist releasing a disco sound album that may lead to more artists going that kind of direction, kind of what her response to Justin Timberlake's 'Sexy Back' back in the day. Why not? Madonna did it 14 years ago and succeeded with it ;) .
    ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
      oh lorde I'm drunk.. help @aRat
      Sis I can't help chu, i am a drunktard myself.
      Beauty is a must, Talent is a plus: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ BEYONCE ♪ THE WEEKND
      #NO DUSTY DIVAS OR XMAS FADS ALLOWED (EXCEPT MADINO)

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        That song is terrible.

Comment

• @aRat: Who is the woman from the gif? She's beautiful...
          ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• ^ Isnt it Jennifer Lawrence?

Comment

• Of course it's legend JLaw
              MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• One of the great singers of our time

Vote for songs for the UKMix 2010-2019 Female-Led Singles Countdown by Jan. 31!
                152nd FSC - Quezon City,Philippines
                Cheapthrills' Cheap 40 OF 2019 - #5-#1

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                  One of the great singers of our time
                  Raw talent.

With more streams and solo #1s than many Ukmix faves.

Comment

• A 15 yo shouldn’t have been making ghetto R&B like this.
                    Originally posted by Kaloki
                    I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

• Get those 4k views, legends.

Comment

• What is it with clothing stores being so obsessed with playing Dua's music? Every time I go out shopping I hear many of her songs. Just some days ago I did Xmas present shopping and it felt like I heard her whole disography while going from store to store.

Comment

• I only heard her music when she used to be kind of popular. But her new, rehashed, music doesn't get played too much it seems. Has she even charted high with her new "hit" single?

cd/vinyl collection instagram
                          http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Comment

• Originally posted by luckyONE View Post
                            I only heard her music when she used to be kind of popular. But her new, rehashed, music doesn't get played too much it seems. Has she even charted high with her new "hit" single?
                            I just heard Don’t Stop Now on the radio I-

Anyway Xtina is celebrating her birthday 4 days early. That’s legend behavior luv.
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                              What is it with clothing stores being so obsessed with playing Dua's music? Every time I go out shopping I hear many of her songs. Just some days ago I did Xmas present shopping and it felt like I heard her whole disography while going from store to store.
                              Certainly not in Germania Magna. We don't use her.
                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                Certainly not in Germania Magna. We don't use her.
                                Have you not left the house OR turned on the TV since 2015?

Comment

Have you not left the house OR turned on the TV since 2015?
                                  yes, but the year was 1982.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• My 10 Most played Original 2019 songs (year to date)

01 - 415 plays - Nice to Meet Ya - Niall Horan
                                    02 - 408 plays - Indestructible - Robbie Williams
                                    03 - 400 plays - Western Stars - Bruce Springsteen
                                    04 - 390 plays - Higher Love - Kygo & Whitney Houston
                                    05 - 360 plays - All The Songs - Will Young
                                    06 - 315 plays - You're Not The Only One - Sam Fender
                                    07 - 262 plays - Bad Habit - Ben Platt
                                    08 - 253 plays - Ya Ya Ya - Ry X
                                    09 - 242 plays - Mother's Daughter - Miley Cyrus
                                    10 - 226 plays - Sundown - Bruce Springsteen

What a nice sausage fest. No Dual Lapra detected.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                      My 10 Most played Original 2019 songs (year to date)

01 - 415 plays - Nice to Meet Ya - Niall Horan
                                      02 - 408 plays - Indestructible - Robbie Williams
                                      03 - 400 plays - Western Stars - Bruce Springsteen
                                      04 - 390 plays - Higher Love - Kygo & Whitney Houston
                                      05 - 360 plays - All The Songs - Will Young
                                      06 - 315 plays - You're Not The Only One - Sam Fender
                                      07 - 262 plays - Bad Habit - Ben Platt
                                      08 - 253 plays - Ya Ya Ya - Ry X
                                      09 - 242 plays - Mother's Daughter - Miley Cyrus
                                      10 - 226 plays - Sundown - Bruce Springsteen

What a nice sausage fest. No Dual Lapra detected.
                                      01 - 112 plays - Soldi - Mahmood
                                      02 - 98 plays - Downhill Lullaby - Sky Ferreira
                                      03 - 95 plays - Sympathy - Vampire Weekend
                                      04 - 83 plays - Vermissen - Juju (feat. Henning May)
                                      05 - 73 plays - Carry Me Away - John Mayer
                                      06 - 69 plays - Lady - Blake Rose
                                      07 - 68 plays - Slide Away - Miley Cyrus
                                      08 - 66 plays - Barrio - Mahmood
                                      09 - 62 plays - 7 rings - Ariana Grande
                                      10 - 61 plays - California - Lana Del Rey

Comment

• Gheyer Love was easily the best release of 2019, negative 0 competition.
                                        Originally posted by Kaloki
                                        I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

01 - 112 plays - Soldi - Mahmood
                                          02 - 98 plays - Downhill Lullaby - Sky Ferreira
                                          03 - 95 plays - Sympathy - Vampire Weekend
                                          04 - 83 plays - Vermissen - Juju (feat. Henning May)
                                          05 - 73 plays - Carry Me Away - John Mayer
                                          06 - 69 plays - Lady - Blake Rose
                                          07 - 68 plays - Slide Away - Miley Cyrus
                                          08 - 66 plays - Barrio - Mahmood
                                          09 - 62 plays - 7 rings - Ariana Grande
                                          10 - 61 plays - California - Lana Del Rey
                                          Is Soldi popular in Germany as well?

Comment

• Don't Cha aged so f'ing well.. busta did his thing. Probably my favorite part.the last girl group worthy of stanning

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                              Don't Cha aged so f'ing well.. busta did his thing. Probably my favorite part.the last girl group worthy of stanning
                                              Beep is much better though

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
                                                Beep is much better though
                                                Tf is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                                  Tf is that?

Pop perfection

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                    Gheyer Love was easily the best release of 2019, negative 0 competition.
                                                    Gheyer Love was indeed really good. Whitney's voice is really good for Uptempo songs. Sis should have continued to make uptempo songs after I Wanna Dance With A Ghey / How Will A Ghey Know but instead she went on to do boring corny ballads for the rest of her career.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X