Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    Madame X is a hundred times better than Disco. An entire era may have been a flop, but Madonna, at 60, shot some of the best music videos of her career and again surprised everyone with her versatility. I find it irritating that people think that if an album flops commercially it will also fail artistically. The entire era and the image of Madonna during Madame X compared to Like a Prayer and Erotica is very polite.
    Nobody cares what Madonna adds to her social media. (who cares about Twitter - Jlo gets hate posts there every day, and in the real world, she is an established singer and actress). Elvis, Michael and Whitney were also ridiculed before their deaths.
    Maybe Madonna doesn't have great stats on Spotify right now, but probably everyone remembers her views from YT today and in the past? She will surprassed everyone yet, she's the queen of pop after all.
    She has always gone out of line, she has always been like that, and is so now. I respect it.

Leave a comment:

• Zeph
    replied
    Madonna is Guy Oseary’s cash cow. So as long as he gets his cut he’s on board with anything and everything. Madonna broke down all the barriers and walls which allow the likes of Dua Lipa and Miley Cyrus and others to do their thing without any condemnation or the Vatican reacting or people picketing with signs. They got Madonna to thank. JLo, too, has Madonna to thank. When she was a little girl at the age of 20, she would always see articles of M jogging in Central Park and said I want to be just like her.

I hope this EP thing with The Weeknd is true. She needs to extend her reign but moreover polish up her rep. That whole Drake fiasco and many, many, many other things she’s done (which I won’t bother listing) were just disappointing. She’s an icon, legend, why not act like one?

it’s okay to look young! Gwen hasn’t aged in 30 years but Madonna takes it a bit too far. She’s entitled to do so but why not revive her base and remind the world why she became the legendary icon she is today. GIVE US GOOD MUSIC.

I don’t like comparing artists but take Kylie for example, she continuously caters to her fans and gives us something we like. Dancing, Disco... MX was sad to say, forgettable.

So hopefully with the new movie and reunited with Pat Leonard or Stephen Bray (whichever is true) she’ll be able to really reign the GP; or at the very least, a major bulk of those who contributed to her record shattering 300 million unit sales.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Alicia Keys had potential but she was busy wrecking homes instead of making good music
    Saint Alicia? How so? She's pretty much Mrs. Clean out of all mainstream popstars, so I can't imagine that.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Alicia Keys had potential but she was busy wrecking homes instead of making good music

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

Yeah but what about the last 12 years...

No other black non-rapper female has been able to smash coz of Rih's and (to a lesser extent) Bey's dominance.
    That would indicate that many other black female singers tried but eventually failed to leave an impact. I don't remember anyone who seriously tried, to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

Alicia keys, Rihanna & Bey was slaying around the same time. Alicia personal life eventually took over though. Whitney, Mariah & Janet was eating during the 90s alone with Brandy, monica, aaliyah & tlc
    Yeah but what about the last 12 years...

No other black non-rapper female has been able to smash coz of Rih's and (to a lesser extent) Bey's dominance.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

No, they think if Aaliyah had not died, there would be no Beyoncé and no Rihanna as Aaliyah would be on top of the world.
    Beyoncé was already slaying with the DC when she passed...but sure, let's go with that narrative
    They really love to act like the writings on the wall wasn't already huge and the survivor album wasn't slaying the charts at the time. If we keeping it 1000 The aaliyah album (her 3rd) was underperforming until that tragic day.still that album barely moved 5 million copies. That's kinda tragic for a 2001 album

As for Rihanna. She would still be where she is now. Her voice, her attitude, her ear for hits is unmatched. Might not think she's a great singer, but girl has one of the best tones ever
    Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Sun January 17, 2021, 15:29.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied

I agree, her brand management is awful. Her social media use is also terrible. I think she became delusional with age. I mean she was great in her 50s, looking fit and great and it looks like she is having difficulty accepting she's 60 years old. she could've aged more gracefully and still be a rebel but she looks ridiculous in those ass pads and being in a relationship with a man young enough to be her son.
    I'm afraid management isn't the problem. It's gonna be her way or no way, sadly

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied

Rih and Beyonce def have a monopoly on R&B and Pop for black female singers though. No other black R&B / Pop girl has made any significant noise after them. Only black female rappers have had a chance to flourish.
    Alicia keys, Rihanna & Bey was slaying around the same time. Alicia personal life eventually took over though. Whitney, Mariah & Janet was eating during the 90s alone with Brandy, monica, aaliyah & tlc
    Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Sun January 17, 2021, 15:17.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    ...as if there can only be one successful black woman at a time
    Rih and Beyonce def have a monopoly on R&B and Pop for black female singers though. No other black R&B / Pop girl has made any significant noise after them. Only black female rappers have had a chance to flourish.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    ...as if there can only be one successful black woman at a time

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

No, they think if Aaliyah had not died, there would be no Beyoncé and no Rihanna as Aaliyah would be on top of the world.
    Beyoncé was already slaying with the DC when she passed...but sure, let's go with that narrative
    The delusions of some fans

They are all different artists and could've existed had she lived.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

Why? Did they have bad blood between them?

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Tried to stay clear of aaliyah fans today as a bey/rih stan it's always a mess around her birthday/anniversary.
    Why? Did they have bad blood between them?

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

I love madonna to death. But I always said I think she's slowly destroying her legacy. Mainly the last 8 years. Even though some of the music has been good since then her controversyness just totally destroy anything good that she does. I know she's always been like that. But she's just a little to old for it now. I don't want her to have to die for the people to give her her flowers. Imo a retirement after coadf or HC would have been idea. Touring every 5 years, collecting legend awards every year. Just being the respected legend she should be. Most of gen z have such a bad opinion on her. She deserves so much more
    I agree, her brand management is awful. Her social media use is also terrible. I think she became delusional with age. I mean she was great in her 50s, looking fit and great and it looks like she is having difficulty accepting she's 60 years old. she could've aged more gracefully and still be a rebel but she looks ridiculous in those ass pads and being in a relationship with a man young enough to be her son.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied

What's wrong with being Madonna? None of your faves have so many timeless hits though Rihanna is almost there
    I love madonna to death. But I always said I think she's slowly destroying her legacy. Mainly the last 8 years. Even though some of the music has been good since then her controversyness just totally destroy anything good that she does. I know she's always been like that. But she's just a little to old for it now. I don't want her to have to die for the people to give her her flowers. Imo a retirement after coadf or HC would have been idea. Touring every 5 years, collecting legend awards every year. Just being the respected legend she should be. Most of gen z have such a bad opinion on her. She deserves so much more

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Tried to stay clear of aaliyah fans today as a bey/rih stan it's always a mess around her birthday/anniversary.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Wait, I'm not alone in liking her? Rat for President.

JSparksFan, I'm so sorry but I'll have to boot you off my favorite members list this year and subsitute rat.
    Damn, "August" really slipped away.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    NOMINEE for the 3rd Annual UKMIX Hot100 AWARDS as

Voting will start once all categories are announced! Stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Yall been telling me that Dua's US success is all radio payola so why acting surprised?
    I already told you last week that her SPOTIFY payola is also rampant. She has been perched at no 2 on THH for weeks at this stage. That list is across all streaming platforms so I guess she cannot bribe everyone.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

James is actually a great singer. Someone could learn a thing or two from him
    Are you shading your fave ? She would need to be shown how to turn on the mic first.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Imo. I think katy releasing more albums will only harm her legacy. I think she just focus on keeping her past hits out there, which means great playlisting and performing at festivals. Her music is kinda timeless. I don't want her being like madonna.
    What's wrong with being Madonna? None of your faves have so many timeless hits though Rihanna is almost there

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Still the best thing Faux News ever did (no pun intended ).

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

It's actually the opposite. Beyonce making sure my memory stays sharp by constantly expanding her flop repertoire.

An anti-dementia legend
    Alzheimer cure!

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied

Crazyyy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X