No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best song Janet released this side of 2000.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• So you finally admit Apeshit was a hit- we love to see it
      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• One thing about Celine is that I've met many people (males and females from different ages) and even some rockers that would consider "My Heart Will Go On" to be a good song. It's overplayed as hell yes, but she managed to snatch a song that sticked to every demography (even to the ones who don't like that type of music) basically universal appeal.
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
          So you finally admit Apeshit was a hit- we love to see it
          This can't truely be a title of a song. Is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
            One thing about Celine is that I've met many people (males and females from different ages) and even some rockers that would consider "My Heart Will Go On" to be a good song. It's overplayed as hell yes, but she managed to snatch a song that sticked to every demography (even to the ones who don't like that type of music) basically universal appeal.
            Wasn’t it hugely derided at one point tho? I remember it making a lot of worst lists before the 90s nostalgia boom took over.
            Originally posted by beredy
            When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• No the real title is Big Apefeces of course
              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Where has this "Celine Stan " labelling came from exactly ?
                Your Celina avi from your previous kMix run, before you got put to sleep for 3 months.

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                  Wasn’t it hugely derided at one point tho? I remember it making a lot of worst lists before the 90s nostalgia boom took over.
                  The problem with the song was the overxosure and being overplayed so much specially with Titanic being such a huge film back in the day (and even years later).

But the song clearly appealed to every demographic group, people who didn't even like that type of music would listen ... and I think I would LOVE that song if I weren't so sick of it.
                  Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Nope. Why?
                    I thought you said you were Brazilian haha

Comment

I thought you said you were Brazilian haha
                      I'm not

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

When u pretend to like her so Wayne doesn't ban you

I like some of Celine's music but I am not a stan by any means.
                        Weren't you just banned recently ?

Comment

Your Celina avi from your previous kMix run, before you got put to sleep for 3 months.
                          That was there in support of Celine's album release which I stated at the time.
                          Let me ignore the second part of your baiting comment.

Comment

One thing about Celine is that I've met many people (males and females from different ages) and even some rockers that would consider "My Heart Will Go On" to be a good song. It's overplayed as hell yes, but she managed to snatch a song that sticked to every demography (even to the ones who don't like that type of music) basically universal appeal.
                            My Heart Will Go On is probably the only dusty diva song that gen z and younger millennials stream deliberately and unironically.

It was also one of the very few English-language beer tent classics back when festivals weren't banned yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

My Heart Will Go On is probably the only dusty diva song that gen z and younger millennials stream deliberately and unironically.

It was also one of the very few English-language beer tent classics back when festivals weren't banned yet.
                              What’s so ironic about I Will Always Luh You? MHWGO was pretty much its spiritual successor.

Comment

Where has this "Celine Stan " labelling came from exactly ?

OT - Beyonce, I am sick of your freaking lame rap singing. You are over.
                                Go to bed

Comment

• I wanted to hate this but BEY WENT OFF. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

Diva!!!

Comment

What’s so ironic about I Will Always Luh You? MHWGO was pretty much its spiritual successor.
                                    "I Will Always Love You" indeed appealed to a huge audience, everyone knows that song.

But IMO "My Heart Will Go On" goes a bit further because despite being an AC song it somehow evokes certain emotions that I would even say are close to be emo / gothic like, I can perfectly picture Amy Lee from Evanescence doing a MHWGO cover without sounding out of place, and I think that makes the song relatable or appealing to other demo groups outside the typical AC audience, it's that type of song that can also appeal to teenagers or young millenials in the same way the song could even appeal to some rockers.

You have this lyrically dramatic emo-goth charged like song with an AC production where somehow the singer is not oversinging the song. Celine performs the song rightfully and the high notes are never exaggerated while the melodies are haunting and even melancholic. When you think about it the song is technically extremely well executed and produced .... We just prolly hate it because we're just sick (tired) of it but objectively speaking it's a terrific song.

Comment

The problem with the song was the overxosure and being overplayed so much specially with Titanic being such a huge film back in the day (and even years later).

But the song clearly appealed to every demographic group, people who didn't even like that type of music would listen ... and I think I would LOVE that song if I weren't so sick of it.
                                      The same thing happened with GOAT in the chocolate community - it was overplayed to death to where it almost became our new national anthem. But even some of my friends, some who can’t stand Kween, become stans for 3 minutes and 21 seconds whenever GOAT comes on.

Comment

"I Will Always Love You" indeed appealed to a huge audience, everyone knows that song.

But IMO "My Heart Will Go On" goes a bit further because despite being an AC song it somehow evokes certain emotions that I would even say are close to be emo / gothic like, I can perfectly picture Amy Lee from Evanescence doing a MHWGO cover without sounding out of place, and I think that makes the song relatable or appealing to other demo groups outside the typical AC audience, it's that type of song that can also appeal to teenagers or young millenials in the same way the song could even appeal to some rockers.

You have this lyrically dramatic emo-goth charged like song with an AC production where somehow the singer is not oversinging the song. Celine performs the song rightfully and the high notes are never exaggerated while the melodies are haunting and even melancholic. When you think about it the song is technically extremely well executed and produced .... We just prolly hate it because we're just sick (tired) of it but objectively speaking it's a terrific song.
                                        Titanic came on the other night, OMG I forgot how much it sucked. The song was easily the best part about the movie.

Comment

The same thing happened with GOAT in the chocolate community - it was overplayed to death to where it almost became our new national anthem. But even some of my friends, some who can’t stand Kween, become stans for 3 minutes and 21 seconds whenever GOAT comes on.
                                          The chocolate community only stans for Can't Let Go and Mine Again... We don't miss GOAT!
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                            I wanted to hate this but BEY WENT OFF. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!
                                            This is just awful IMO. I started to listen and wanted to turn it off after 10 seconds already, but I wanted to hear Beyonce making this something great, but after 1:25 I couldn't bear to listen any longer. Give me any dusty diva any time.

Comment

IWALY is the cheesiest pop song of all time, I honestly can't imagine a situation where people would play it unironically.

It's a classic nonetheless, but Whitney's other two classics (IWDWS and OMIT) are more socially acceptable.

Comment

• RayRay, you do know the 90s ended 20 years ago, right?
                                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Different strokes for different folks I guess.
                                                  Diva!!!

Comment

The kids love MHWGO because they can sing (scream) along when they're drunk. Literally everyone and their momma know the lyrics because they've been hearing it on the radio every single day for 20+ years and will most likely continue to hear it every day until the day they die (and maybe even after that because it's also appropriate for funerals).

The secret ingredient is alcohol, not 'emo' or 'gothic'-like emotions.

Comment

• My fave. Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

Go to bed
                                                        Not before I do my Pilates, Yoga and meditation.

Comment

The kids love MHWGO because they can sing (scream) along when they're drunk. Literally everyone and their momma know the lyrics because they've been hearing it on the radio every single day for 20+ years and will most likely continue to hear it every day until the day they die (and maybe even after that because it's also appropriate for funerals).

tea

Comment

Yeah alcohol works too

In my case ... I really dislike AC music, it's not really the type of music that I listen to, but there's something about the style of MHWGO that it is really appealing to me and makes it be an exception of the genre in my book, like "I don't like this type of music but I can stand this" , you know, that's the effect that I get from MHWGO.

and like I say, the only reason I don't stan for it is because I'm freaking sick of it but I know it's a good song and it definitely has universal appeal.

Comment

• If I have to pick one song that I could not escape as a child during the 90s, it would be No Scrubs by TLC.

And when I think of the early 2000s, Nelly's back-to-back hits Hot In Herre and Dilemma were un inescapable.
                                                              Last edited by TIfan; Thu April 30th, 2020, 02:48.
                                                              Diva!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                              X