Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

It was the first single of her SOLO debut album yes. But she is consecutively charting as a solo artist since 2002. This is an official Billboard record, not something the Hive made up. Only one other woman achieved that and that is if we include OR exclude groups Longevity at it's finest. Oh and she will achieve that with her 17th Top 5 hit too and not some #100 peaking song.
    If people are quoting from Billboard they should add some indication of such.
    However, I don't agree with Billboard either on this. Things that were done with a GROUP should not be attached to the SOLO stats of a person when they left the group. Feel free to disagree but that is MY opinion.

Not some #100 peaking song. Spirit peaked at 96, let us not get too cocky there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Actually “Work It Out” was Beyoncé’s first entirely SOLO officially released single in June 2002. It served as a single for the Austin Powers soundtrack and it charted in 14 countries, going Top 10 in UK.
      Seeing as it failed to chart in the US, it's not relevant here.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Seeing as it failed to chart in the US, it's not relevant here.
        It doesn’t matter. That’s still her solo debut single.

Madonna’s “Everybody” released in 1982 didn’t chart and that’s her debut single.

it doesn’t change a thing.
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Both, 'Bonnie & Clyde' and 'Work It Out', are featured on my copy of 'Dangerously In Love', so I would say that they qualify as singles taken from that album.
          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
          and everything you stand for?
          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
          just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
            Both, 'Bonnie & Clyde' and 'Work It Out', are featured on my copy of 'Dangerously In Love', so I would say that they qualify as singles taken from that album.
            They were just tacked onto the album. Work it out was for a soundtrack. On Bonnie and Clyde she was the featured artist, it was a Jay Z single. Crazy in Love was the lead single of her album.
            Last edited by InFamous; Mon May 11, 2020, 15:53.

Comment

It doesn’t matter. That’s still her solo debut single.

Madonna’s “Everybody” released in 1982 didn’t chart and that’s her debut single.

it doesn’t change a thing.
              Seeing as the discussion was centred about chart streaks in the US that particular song is irrelevant.

Comment

They were just tacked onto the album. Work it out was for a soundtrack. On Bonnie and Clyde she was the featured artist, it was a Jay Z single. Crazy in Love was the lead single of her album.
                Yeah “Crazy In Love” was indeed the lead single from the album and “Bonnie & Clyde” was just a feature.

But “Work It Out” does count as her commercially released debut single in the music industry as a lead solo artist whether it charted or not.
                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Seeing as the discussion was centred about chart streaks in the US that particular song is irrelevant.
                  Yeah but “Bonnie & Clyde” also released in 2002 did chart on the Hot 100 (and actually peaked at #4) and despite being a feature it was her first chart entry credited as “Beyoncé”.

Comment

Yeah “Crazy In Love” was indeed the lead single from the album and “Bonnie & Clyde” was just a feature.

But “Work It Out” does count as her commercially released debut single in the music industry as a lead solo artist whether it charted or not.
                    I have to admit I was not aware of the existence of said song so in this case I will agree with you

Comment

• Scooter Braun is so hawt and is is filthy rich thanks to Taylocal's discpgraphy

COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Invented rough sex

Comment

• ForGaGatten really did what needed to be done here

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

ForGaGatten really did what needed to be done here
                            OMG aRat that’s literally the worst music video and song from her “The Fame / The Fame Monster” era.

Comment

ForGaGatten really did what needed to be done here
                              Debut: Paparazzi > Just Dance > Poker face > Love Game

Fame Monster: Telephone > Alehoehoe > Bad Romance (always found it so overrated with that eurovision chorus)
                              "Lift up your head
                              Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                IMO the top 10 gheyest songs ever in no particular order :

Aqua - Barbie Girl
                                Bananarama - Venus
                                Cher - Believe
                                Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
                                Diana Ross - I’m Coming Out
                                Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
                                Madonna - Like a Virgin
                                Spice Girls - Wannabe
                                Stacey Q - Two of Hearts
                                The Weather Girls - It’s Raining Men
                                How did I completely over look this? I’ll replace it with Stacey Q. This pretty much invented modern-day ghey pop and influenced a million and one songs, including the majority of the other songs on the list.

A smasha worldwide yet in aRatchet’s Hole it only went to #69.
                                Originally posted by beredy
                                When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

OMG aRat that’s literally the worst music video and song from her “The Fame / The Fame Monster” era.
                                  Haven't you also said that Rude Boy is a bad song?

Someone seems to not like raunchy uptempo sexx bops?

Comment

Haven't you also said that Rude Boy is a bad song?

Someone seems to not like raunchy uptempo sexx bops?

NEVER .. that’s not me.

in fact. “Rated R” is my favorite Rihanna album and era

Not to mention that some of her most sexually charged songs like “S&M” or “Kiss It Better” are my favorite from their respective albums.
                                    Last edited by MrLeonix; Mon May 11, 2020, 17:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Debut: Paparazzi > Just Dance > Poker face > Love Game

Fame Monster: Telephone > Alehoehoe > Bad Romance (always found it so overrated with that eurovision chorus)
                                      For me:

Poker God = Love God > Paparazzi = Justa Dance

AleGODro > Bad Romance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TeleFAD (always annoyed me)

Comment

• MrLeonix Brittanny made several points here

Comment

For me:

“LoveGame” and “Telephone” were the worst ones.

1. Paparazzi
                                          2. Poker Face
                                          3. Alejandro
                                          4. Just Dance
                                          5. Bad Romance
                                          6. Telephone
                                          7. LoveGame

Comment

For me:

She never even released one of her best songs from that EP. "Monster" was a smash.
                                            I do think Alejandro is the best song honestly, but when it comes to videos TeleGod is just the best. Along with PapaGagMe from her debut.
                                            "Lift up your head
                                            Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

MrLeonix Brittanny made several points here
                                              I love 3’s liberating lyrics, they were fun and great but musically-wise (like production and that stuff) the song is not really that interesting.

IMO Britney’s song about masturbation (and gem from “In The Zone”) gotta be one of the finest mainstream female recordings of the 2000s decade.

Last edited by MrLeonix; Mon May 11, 2020, 18:21.

Comment

• Being fair, 'In The Zone' is full of great songs. It's filled with creativity and created with attention to detail. Back then, 'Brave New Girl' and 'Boom Boom' used to be my favorite tracks, but these days, I would dare to say that I can listen to it from 'Me Against The Music' to 'The Answer' without even having to skip one track - and that's rare for an album.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                  Being fair, 'In The Zone' is full of great songs. It's filled with creativity and created with attention to detail. Back then, 'Brave New Girl' and 'Boom Boom' used to be my favorite tracks, but these days, I would dare to say that I can listen to it from 'Me Against The Music' to 'The Answer' without even having to skip one track - and that's rare for an album.
                                                  Indeed the detail and creativity on the production it’s very well crafted.

This is another song from ITZ (“Breathe On Me”) that is declared by many one of Britney’s greatest recordings

Even Christina Aguilera last year during an interview with Andy Cohen was asked if there was one song by another popstar she wished could have recorded and she said it was this one. “Breathe On Me” is literally praised by everyone who has heard it.

Comment

• The best song from their discography imo:

Bey: Apeshit
                                                    Madonna: Skin/Bedtime Story
                                                    Xtina: Back In The Day/Birds of Prey/Like i Do - I cant
                                                    Brittany: Break The Ice
                                                    Whitney: Queen Of The Night
                                                    Janet: Velvet Rope
                                                    Rihanna: Desperado
                                                    Dua: Physical
                                                    Gaga: Perfect Illusion, yes
                                                    Celine: That's The Way It Is
                                                    Mariah: Someday
                                                    Lil kim: Big Momma Thang
                                                    Missy: U Cant Resist
                                                    Nokia: Roman Holiday
                                                    Katy: Dark Horse
                                                    Shakira: She Wolf
                                                    Jlo: Ain't It Funny
                                                    Alicia: If I Ain't Got You

I honestly know the full discography of only Xtina, Madonna, Lil Kim, Missy, Rihanna and Alicia.
                                                    Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Mon May 11, 2020, 18:44.
                                                    Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Ari Lennox

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                                                      The best song from their discography imo:
                                                      Bey: Apeshit

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

I know that my opinions are extreme. I think her 2008 album is simply tragic (I decided to finish it in the middle), while Everything Is Love is very good.

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Ari Lennox

Comment

• My opinion:
                                                          Bey: Drunk In Love
                                                          Madonna: Ray of Light
                                                          Xtina: Genie in a Bottle
                                                          Brittany: Brave New Girl
                                                          Whitney: I'm Your Baby Tonight
                                                          Janet: Someone to Call My Lover
                                                          Rihanna: Break It Off
                                                          Dua: Be The One
                                                          Gaga: Bad Romance
                                                          Celine: Falling Into You
                                                          Mariah: Migrate
                                                          Lil kim: don't know any solo song of hers
                                                          Missy: Lose Control
                                                          Nokia: Moment 4 Life
                                                          Katy: Last Friday Night
                                                          Shakira: Loca
                                                          Jlo: Jenny From The Block
                                                          Alicia: If I Ain't Got You
                                                          Last edited by theMathematician; Mon May 11, 2020, 23:19.

Comment

• More proof that Migrate would have been a smasha with all these casual fans/Kween trolls endorsing it (same with beredy and toni_pest ).
                                                            Originally posted by beredy
                                                            When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                              More proof that Migrate would have been a smasha with all these casual fans endorsing it (same with beredy).
                                                              Migrate's the bop.

I have received many gifts from God,
                                                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Working...
                                                              X