Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

it's the Brazilians and South Koreans
    It would need to constantly chart on the daily charts which are responsible for the fact it has 200m streams more than the next song of the 00s from a female. And it sold shitloads of downloads in SK that's correct but Spotify is non existent there sweaty
    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post

Play it quietly while doing Yoga. Its a good relaxing album.
      Hhmmm i don't know if I can see myself relaxing into a downward dog while Madonna coons " Let's get unconscious honey " lol

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Are you the same person that got banned? Or did you go into a convent while away?
        Excuse me ? I never drank alcohol much apart from a few times per year, never smoked weed and I have done Yoga and Pilates for years. I only got into meditation recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          Hhmmm i don't know if I can see myself relaxing into a downward dog while Madonna coons " Let's get unconscious honey " lol
          nnnnnnn

Comment

Now first listen to I'd Rather Be Your Lover, than skip to Take A Bow, next to Bedtime Story, over to Secret and next Human Nature, skip to Love Tried To Welcome Me and now tell me how these songs sound the same.
            God you really need everything explained literally don't you. Obviously the singles don't all sound the same but there is a stretch on the album where it all just blends into one for me. The whole thing has a very similar vibe. Skipping between random tracks which are obviously different is not the same thing as what I said.

Comment

God you really need everything explained literally don't you.
              I didn't talk about drugs or alcohol. It was the way you talk to people like the quote above. You never came across as someone doing yoga as I've always considered those to be spiritual people who try not to be rude. Peace.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I didn't talk about drugs or alcohol. It was the way you talk to people like the quote above. You never came across as someone doing yoga as I've always considered those to be spiritual people who try not to be rude. Peace.
                I guess it's pretty obvious that you have never done yoga in your life then.

Comment

God you really need everything explained literally don't you. Obviously the singles don't all sound the same but there is a stretch on the album where it all just blends into one for me. The whole thing has a very similar vibe. Skipping between random tracks which are obviously different is not the same thing as what I said.
                  When did we start talking about 95% of Mimi's discography?
                  I have received many gifts from God,
                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I guess it's pretty obvious that you have never done yoga in your life then.
                    You couldn't be more wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

When did we start talking about 95% of Mimi's discography?
                      LOL

Comment

• I feel like these 5 albums:

- Madonna - Music (2000)
                        - Aaliyah - Aaliyah (2001)
                        - Norah Jones - Come Away With Me (2002)
                        - Amy Winehouse - Back To Black (2006)
                        - Britney Spears - Blackout (2007)

have to be some of the best crafted and most impecably produced female albums from the 2000s decade (2000-2009)
                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                          I feel like these 5 albums:

- Madonna - Music (2000)

have to be some of the best crafted and most impecably produced female albums from the 2000s decade (2000-2009)
                          The "Music" album is absolutely superb, apart from that hideous American Pie cover. If i had to pick between Music, Ray of Light or Confessions I am definitely picking Music.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                            I feel like these 5 albums:

- Madonna - Music (2000)

Gosh there are so many!

Tori Amos - Scarlet's walk (2003)
                            Brandy - Full Moon (2002)
                            Joanna Newsom - Ys (2006)
                            Delta Goodrem - Innocent Eyes (2003)
                            Emiliana Torrini - Fisherman's woman (2005)

As for Madonna, I'd go with Confessions personally.

Comment

• The 00's had many great female albums IMO:

- Madonna | American Life
                              - Mariah Carey | E=MC²
                              - Tina Arena | Just Me
                              - Lara Fabian | 9
                              - Whitney Houston | I Look To You
                              - Kylie Minogue | Light Years
                              - Christina Aguilera | Stripped
                              - Lucie Silvas | The Same Side
                              - Glennis Grace | Secrets of my Soul
                              - Leona Lewis | Spirit
                              - Lady Gaga | The Fame (Monster)
                              - Linda Eder | Christmas Stays The Same
                              - Rihanna | Good Girl Gone Bad
                              - Sarah Brightman | Harem

Comment

• If we're talking production and females in 2000s, off the top of my head to be added to the discussion

Björk - Vespertine/Medulla
                                Siobhán Donaghy - Ghosts (literally one of the best pop albums of the 2000s, shame it's practically obscure)

Comment

The 00's had many great female albums IMO:

- Madonna | American Life
                                  - Mariah Carey | E=MC²
                                  - Tina Arena | Just Me
                                  - Lara Fabian | 9
                                  - Whitney Houston | I Look To You
                                  - Kylie Minogue | Light Years
                                  - Christina Aguilera | Stripped
                                  - Lucie Silvas | The Same Side
                                  - Glennis Grace | Secrets of my Soul
                                  - Leona Lewis | Spirit
                                  - Lady Gaga | The Fame (Monster)
                                  - Linda Eder | Christmas Stays The Same
                                  - Rihanna | Good Girl Gone Bad
                                  - Sarah Brightman | Harem
                                  Egh, some of those have more than one track that have less than great production though.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

Egh, some of those have more than one track that have less than great production though.
                                    I never had a problem with enjoying these albums.
                                    If you just look at the production, I always wondered about Björk.
                                    A friend of mine is a huge fan and tried to win me over. But she has songs where I think: who did the production? It's like someone is just hitting random buttons.

Comment

I never had a problem with enjoying these albums.
                                      If you just look at the production, I always wondered about Björk.
                                      A friend of mine is a huge fan and tried to win me over. But she has songs where I think: who did the production? It's like someone is just hitting random buttons.
                                      Björk can be a tough cookie for some, but honestly all of her albums are impeccable production wise - Debut is maybe the least good, but still very consistent without an obvious flaw. But from Post to the latest one it's one production triumph after another. The only clear misstep is Volta though. That one is a bit all over the place.

Comment

• Also production is not about melody or rhythm. Even when it's "random key hitting" on a Björk album, it's a fine job production wise. I mean, there's a reason a lot of her work is considered experimental.
                                        ​​​​

Comment

• Ah yeah, Bjork's had some absolute bonafide masterpieces from that decade. I want to listen to all these albums now lol.
                                          You can't even debate her production work IMO, whether you get it or not, her production is almost always TOP of the bill.

A bit unpopular perhaps, but I definitely loved "Detours" and "Wildflower" by Sheryl Crow. They weren't perfect but I had some great times with them. Don't know how I'd react to the music if I'd listen to them now though..
                                          Last edited by Hejira; Thu April 30, 2020, 15:16.

Comment

The "Music" album is absolutely superb, apart from that hideous American Pie cover. If i had to pick between Music, Ray of Light or Confessions I am definitely picking Music.
                                            Yep. "Music" is simply one of the greatest pop albums ever.

... Also Björk's "Vespertine" was great.
                                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Thanks TIfan for bringing Paula Abdul into this thread. All three albums were great. Favorite songs of mine are Cold Hearted, Vibeology and My Love Is For Real.

Before Frozen and Confide In Me there was Paula's My Love Is For Real. Maybe ahead of its time?
                                              Confide In Me was before My Love Is For Real - good song though, later covered by dance act Strike.

Comment

• We can't sleep on "Vulnicura" and "Utopia" though. I know "Utopia" especially was very polarizing (and both aren't from the 2000's) but these albums have some breathtaking moments that no one else could do.

I've posted it before, but "Black Lake" is just one of the most heartbreaking pieces of music I've ever heard. And it's so stunningly produced, the way it builds and shifts.

You don't just casually listen to Björk, you have to experience her. Sit down, clear your mind and be open.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                                  I've posted it before, but "Black Lake" is just one of the most heartbreaking pieces of music I've ever heard. And it's so stunningly produced, the way it builds and shifts.
                                                  Even though I'm not all there with Vulnicura and Utopia and I prefer nearly all her albums that came before, the explanation she gave about this song and the idea behind why it's 10 minutes and why it has long passages without vocals is just brilliant and if you've been there, you know exactly how that feels.

Comment

• Why is no one here talking about this f*cking masterpiece?

“Aaliyah” (2001) gotta be one of the greatest commercial / mainstream female albums I’ve ever heard. This coming from a Rock fan who was never a big fan of R&B music yet this mesmerized me in a way most female albums could never do. It’s simply PERFECT, so stylish, innovative, elegant, creative, even artistic.

This album experiments with a bunch of music genres even Rock and Industrial Rock music towards the end.

This is IMO better than any Beyoncé, Britney, Xtina, Rihanna, Gaga, P!nk, Janet, Mariah and Celine album and better than a lot of Madonna albums . Take this with no offense as I said “In my opinion”.

The thought and fact that this came out in 2001 and was so ahead of it’s time is unreal and always gives me the chills and the thrill, it’s even scary.
                                                    Last edited by MrLeonix; Thu April 30, 2020, 16:25.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X