X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    You're basically asking for adoption of the Japanese music industry.
    ?

IN Japan music is expensive.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    You're basically asking for adoption of the Japanese music industry.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    What about sweets at the local bakery? They used to cost 5 cents per piece when I was young. Can't imagine them having gone beyond 39 cents per piece.

The fact that people complain about Swift's download prices when some stream songs for a cent or so...
    everyone should from now on engage in a bidding war and release countless of individual cheap remixes and music videos to increase their chances for a quick #1 which then tumbles down or even out of the charts in week 2. How cool that would be.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    What about sweets at the local bakery? They used to cost 5 cents per piece when I was young. Can't imagine them having gone beyond 39 cents per piece.

The fact that people complain about Swift's download prices when some stream songs for a cent or so...

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    The stamp I used to send my granny’s Xmas letter costs more than one of those Tayloo downloads.
    here in GER there is nothing you can buy for 39 cts.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    Tayloo is #1 on the hot 100. Moo stays being useless Goldmoney stevyy
    The stamp I used to send my granny’s Xmas letter costs more than one of those Tayloo downloads.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    The evil has won. MIMI floped and localed. I'm ashamed. I stan dua now. bye felicia.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    @InFamous: Well, there are songs that were so popular that no one could escape them, think of 'Despacito', 'Shape of You', 'Happy' or 'Atemlos durch die Nacht' (the latter never reached No. 1 but is pretty much a German classic).

I guess those No. 1 singles of 2020 had mainstream relevancy:
    All I Want For Christmas is You (4 week)
    Dance Monkey (1 week)
    Blinding Lights (10 weeks)
    Save Love (2 weeks)
    Mood (3 weeks) ?

And those No. 1 singles are not known outside of rap loving teens:
    Kein Wort (2 weeks)
    Baby 1 week)
    Angst (1 week)
    Du bist mein (1 week)
    Eine Nacht (1 week) *
    90-6-0111 (1 week)
    Nicht verdient (1 week)
    Fame (2 weeks)
    Roadrunner (1 week)
    In meinem Benz (1 week)
    Boot (1 week)
    Emotions (1 week)
    Big Body Benz (1 week)
    Living In A Ghost Town (1 week) *
    Bläulich (3 weeks)
    Unterwegs (1 week)
    Sie ruft (1 week)
    Frühstück in Paris (1 week)
    Unterwegs (1 week)
    ****st mich nur so ab (1 week)
    Rohdiamant II (1 week)
    True Romance (1 week) *
    Angeklagt (3 weeks)
    Kennst du das?! (1 week)

* non-rap: 1x German idol singer, 2x veteran band's comeback single

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
    Nokia, Taylor and BTS each have 2 numbers 1 in 2020. Apart from Trollz, I don't know any of their songs. I thought the charts reflected the popularity of the song. I also think it's embarrassing to sell 100 versions of one song for 40 cents. In fact, there would be nothing wrong with that, if she didn't say that she doesn't care about the charts because it's hypocrisy.

Imagine knowing what Trollz sounds like when it was the most fradulent number one out of them all

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Bro, you havn't been to Germany. 80% of the No. 1 singles are basically unknown to the mainstream.
    How do you know what the mainstream knows ? Isn't the German chart a revenue one ?

I mean what does the mainstream encompass anyway ? I can't imagine too many people in the supermarket were going around singing Wet Ass Pussy in the US when it was number one ?

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied

Bro, you havn't been to Germany. 80% of the No. 1 singles are basically unknown to the mainstream.
    I know rap is so popular in Germany. I checked the charts and it's terrible.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
    I don't know any of their songs. I thought the charts reflected the popularity of the song.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    Nokia, Taylor and BTS each have 2 numbers 1 in 2020. Apart from Trollz, I don't know any of their songs. I thought the charts reflected the popularity of the song. I also think it's embarrassing to sell 100 versions of one song for 40 cents. In fact, there would be nothing wrong with that, if she didn't say that she doesn't care about the charts because it's hypocrisy.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Mariah was robbed.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    I played the Ed Sheerat song because I am bored to death and now... I am even more bored to death

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Heard Ed Sheeran's new song on the radio at work. It's a flop as predicted.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied

Where is FBI

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    I can't believe La Isla Bonita was offered to MJ before Madge. I can't picture him singing it
    Mess

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Yeah and “Open Your Heart” was offered to Cyndi Lauper too .... both “La Isla Bonita” and “Open Your Heart” were better fits for Madonna rather than Michael and Cyndi.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I can't believe La Isla Bonita was offered to MJ before Madge. I can't picture him singing it

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Martin wrote “Baby One More Time” before he even met Britney and he had the demo circulating on labels for long time and NO ONE wanted to record the song, the song was offered to Backstreet Boys, TLC and many more people and at some point it was believed the demo was going to be lost (no one wanted it) until he then met Britney and she loved the track and told him that that was the song that she needed to launch her career. Destiny, songs reach the right artists in the end. It’s like when “Umbrella” didn’t happen for Britney and the song passed on more artists like Mary J Blige until it landed for Rihanna and no one would have done it better than her to be honest.

“Slave” was also offered to Janet and she passed on it ... then Justin introduced Pharrell to Britney and she loved “Slave” and recorded it (which BTW was a song where IMO she did a stunning job).

“Oops I Did It Again”, “Gimme More”, “Stronger” and many others, etc were specifically done for Britney ... however “Womanizer” might be her most mysterious single (no one knows the origin of that song or how a pair of unknown people like the outsyders got into Britney).
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Mon December 21, 2020, 00:50.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Oh wow how interesting to do a little digging and find out about tracks and where they started from. Baby one more time was first offered to TLC, then Robyn, before eventually ending up being recorded by Britney. I cant really imagine anyone else except Britney doing that track but I always thought Max had written it exclusively for Brit but seems it wasnt the case.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    “Slave” being offered to Janet is something we’ve known since 2001 LOL ... funny how people thought that was just revealed today

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Why does the gud sis sound like DEATH on her own albums tho when she sounded just fine on the Levitating Remix?
    I think she was softened up with a layer of Dua under her vocals to create a blend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X